ABS has moved!
Please visit me at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com - look forward to seeing you there!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)

Mascara Series Part 20: Imju Fiberwig Tiny Sniper Mascara Review & Photos

Photobucket
Imju Fiberwig Tiny Sniper Mascara ($15)

Photobucket
Back of the Box

The Claim: Tiny Sniper is the same formula as the Fiberwig top-selling mascara in Japan - beating the competition with remarkable, "false eyelash-like" results. Never miss a lash with Imju Fiberwig Tiny Sniper lengthening mascara. Get a fuller look and extreme reach by catching short, thin, and hard-to-reach corner and lower lashes. Tiny Sniper has a specially designed brush, with its ultra-fine angled head and an easy-to-hold grip, to make precise application a breeze. The glossy black formula defines lashes with an abundance of fibers that easily enhances every tough-to-catch lash. The film coating has the dual effect of preventing smudging, by resisting sweat and oil, and further extending your fabulous fringe. For optimal results, use the original Fiberwig and and the Tiny Sniper together.

Photobucket

The Brush: I purchased Tiny Sniper to use as a lower-lash mascara since my pitiful, virtually non-existent lower lashes can use all the help they can get, and the petite angled brush really is quite nice for that purpose. The angle is perfect for sweeping just the right amount of product along your lower lashes, but I find the shortness of the wand makes for some difficulty when you attempt to use this on your upper lashes (to capture those pesky inner and outer corner lashes). The tininess of the brush does make for great maneuverability though!

Photobucket

The Formula: I really wanted to love Tiny Sniper, since everything from the clever name and packaging to the cute eyeliner-shaped tube was so appealing, but the fact that it irritated the heck out of my eyes made it a no-go for me. Don't get me wrong-it was pretty decent at first. I applied this to both my upper and lower lashes (just so that you could see what it looked like on both) and while Tiny Sniper gave me next to no volume, I had really nice length (thanks to the fibers) and definition with a little curl, and my lower lashes, while not that much more visible post-mascara, definitely had some added length as well. The issues came about two hours later at work-something in the mascara caused my ears to start tearing, and it was all downhill from there. The moisture caused the fibers to fall off and collect underneath my eyes, and my eyes proceeded to be teary and itchy throughout the day.

I did love that this removes very easily with water, but in my opinion it removes too easily, since the slightest tearing resulted in my ending up with mascara flakies all over my face.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Pretty Definition

Photobucket
Don't be scared by this photo! I know it's freaky but just had to show you a side-view so that you could see my lower lashes.

The Verdict: If the original Fiberwig doesn’t irritate your eyes, then Tiny Sniper might be worth a try since the fibers provide nice definition and wonderful length, but I just couldn’t get it to work for me. I tried this several more times for the sake of experimentation, but unlike other fiber mascaras that I’ve tried, Tiny Sniper’s fibers kept falling into my eyes throughout the day , and while it never gave me raccoon eyes in that it never smudged, I just couldn’t deal with the little flakes and eye irritation. Plus the tube is seriously small for $15! But for all its detriments, I actually did kind of like it.

RATING: 3/5


RELATED POSTS:
Read Parts 1-19 of the Mascara Series here! I've also added a "Mascara Series" tab up top so you have easy access to it at all times!

 

22 comments:

Anonymous said on January 30, 2009 at 6:21 PM

Reading about those fibers falling into your eyes made my eyes feel sore. I know that feeling. I also once had a major shadow fallout incident from a hot pink HIP pigment I applied. My eyes looked and felt horrible at the end of the night.

Digital Angel said on January 30, 2009 at 8:14 PM

I like the box how they made it looks like real sniper!! The case does look like an liquid eyeliner, very cute. Like you said, I was thinking exactly same thing it would be good for inner and outer corner of eyes. It looks like it works pretty well for curling but do you think it would last long for my single-lid eyes eyelashes ? lol It looks pretty good but you only gave 3 out of 5 !! Still not enough to be good like YSL eh :P

Anonymous said on January 30, 2009 at 10:14 PM

i am not sure if you read my review on the LE mascara from this line I tried not long ago? it was equally useless for me as this for you.

Maybe only the original is good but i don't think i'd be interested in trying it at all.

Connie De Alwis said on January 30, 2009 at 10:51 PM

thanks for the review! I won this from a contest but I'm yet to collect it.

Anonymous said on January 31, 2009 at 3:15 AM

Yikes! I know how that feels. There's definitely something in that mascara that caused your allergic reactions because I've been following your mascara reviews and I haven't read anything like that from you previous posts. I hope you're feeling better now.

Alyson @ The Gloss Menagerie said on January 31, 2009 at 11:10 AM

Aw darn. I was intrigued by the idea of tiny sniper, but I have allergies and my eyes tear at random all the time. I'd spend more time wiping tubes off my face than I would actually having mascara on. Oh well!

Anonymous said on January 31, 2009 at 1:18 PM

I really had high hopes for this. Oh well! I will stick with my Fiberwig. Thankfully I've never had any reactions from it. Do you think you'll still give Fiberwig a try? I also don't get much volume from Fiberwog, but it does give nice length and separation. I love the last pic LOL. And I think your lashes look pretty! Very nice length.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on January 31, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Deb I'm glad someone can relate! It was horrible sitting in front of the computer at work essentially tearing and rubbing at my eyes all day.

The HIP pigment incident sounds painful!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on January 31, 2009 at 3:36 PM

Digital Angel it's decent for curling but I wouldn't say that it's very good. Most mascara give me decent length so I'm always looking for great volume and curl, and this just didn't deliver in those two departments. I just wasn't a huge fan of this thanks to all the eye-irritation.

Honestly I wouldn't really recommend this one.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on January 31, 2009 at 3:41 PM

Hey Jojoba!

I haven't seen your review yet but I'm heading over as soon as I'm done commenting to check it out! After my experience with this one I'm not all that gung-ho about checking out the original either =X.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on January 31, 2009 at 3:42 PM

Connie I feel like you're the queen of winning contests!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on January 31, 2009 at 3:43 PM

Eka thanks so much for following all my mascara reviews! I hardly ever have reactions to eye products--the only other one that irritated my eyes was the blue Diorshow. I don't know what was up with this one though--they've never really teared that much before!

My eyes are much better now--thanks so much for asking! =)

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on January 31, 2009 at 3:43 PM

GlossMenagerie if you have watery/tear prone eyes I'd avoid this like the plague! It's a mess waiting to happen.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on January 31, 2009 at 3:44 PM

Nicole I'll probably still ending up giving the original Fiberwig a try at some point, but it may be awhile from now, so that I forget about the eye irritation that this one caused lol. We'll have to see!

I thought the last pic was kinda cool since it's the first time I've really ever been able to get a clear side-view, but then I noticed the little piece of dust hanging off my top lashes--but there was nothing I could do about it =(.

Rae // theNotice said on January 31, 2009 at 5:20 PM

Whoo, thanks for the review! I was hoping it would be better, but at least I won't run out and buy this, now ^^

Hmm... maybe I'll have to try my Fiberwing with a smaller brush.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on January 31, 2009 at 5:24 PM

Rae this is the same formula as the original Fiberwig so if the original works well for you I'd definitely give this a try since this should work out pretty well for you as well then! My eyes just couldn't adjust to this for some reason.

kko said on February 5, 2009 at 11:54 PM

i agree with the eye irritation. love fiberwig but it gives me red eyes at the end of the day -______-

*Jen* said on February 6, 2009 at 6:51 AM

k_an i can deal with many flaws in a decent mascara but eye irritation just isn't one of them! which is a shame since the packaging was so darn cute.

Syn@3sTh3sI@ said on March 11, 2009 at 3:38 AM

well, i almost got tis mascara last week.. i was struggling whether to get tis or not, walk in and out the store for so many times in a week...when I determined to get tis mascara i found out some ppl might get irritation or infection due to the fibers..it stopped me from even thinking abt it at all.. u r the 3rd person i've read that feeling discomfort with the mascara.

*Jen* said on March 11, 2009 at 11:10 AM

Syn@3sTh3sI@ this mascara definitely irritated my eyes the most out of any that I've tried so for that reason alone I can't recommend it. It's a definite skip for me!

Anonymous said on April 15, 2009 at 4:24 AM

I think this mascara really brings out your eyes! It really did give volume, length, and curl for you! :D

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on April 15, 2009 at 10:16 AM

Thanks Anonymous!


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Your comment won't show up immediately as it must be moderated before it's published, but I promise to get to it ASAP. I appreciate each and every comment and promise to reply!

Thanks again and come back soon!