ABS has moved!
Please visit me at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com - look forward to seeing you there!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)

Mascara Series Part 12: Kiss Me Heroine Make Volume & Curl Mascara Review and Photos

Description: Don't mind the grammar this is taken from Sasa!
  • Long lasting super waterproof, such as tears, sweat, grease.
  • Including curly polymer, long lasting keep eyelash curl.
  • Mascara including tiny fiber, which can be increase volume of lashes, but would not stick lash together.
The Brush: Kiss Me's Heroine Make Volume & Curl Mascara comes with the conventional curved bristled brush that accompanies many curling mascaras. It's great for holding up your lashes to set the curl and the bristles are closely spaced together meaning no clumps. It's nothing special but it does the job!

CLICK to enlarge and check out the fibers!

The Formula: Kiss Me's Volume & Curl Mascara contains tons of tiny little fibers (click the photo above and you can see them attached to the brush) that are great for building length and volume. Unlike other fiber mascaras which can get messy with the clumping and fibers falling into your eyes, the Heroine Volume & Curl Mascara fibers give you nice definition and zero clumping. The fiber-based formula gives good length (thanks to the fibers attaching to the ends of your lashes), decent volume and amazing curl. I must say that the Japanese really know how to make a good mascara! And to top it all off this mascara stays put all day and all night--I've slept with it on and woen up to beautifully curled and separated lashes.

The Bad: While it's great that this stuff stays put all day, Volume & Curl is a pain in the butt to remove! No amount of eye makeup remover or my oil cleanser gets this completely off, which is why I guess Heroine makes their own mascara remover.

The Verdict: I love the curl that this mascara gives me, and couple that with good length and volume and we have an all around winner. Unfortunately, I just can't deal with mascaras that are this difficult to remove (like Majolica Majorca's Lash Expander) so I can't see myself using this all that often.

See the curl?
I've been getting a lot of questions about what shadow I'm wearing in these photos. It's a teal/blue loose powder shadow by Jesse's Girl (I've seen this brand at Rite Aid) that Taryn sent me. Isn't is beautiful?




RATING: 4/5


Related Posts:
Read Parts 1-11 of the Mascara Series here!
And check out my brief review of Guerlain's Le 2 de Guerlain Butterfly Sparkle Mascara here.
.

 

38 comments:

Anonymous said on November 5, 2008 at 2:12 PM

I love the second to last picture! Your eyes look so amazing! This mascara sounds really nice. I'm going to keep it in mind next time I place an order on Sasa. I really like the fact that it's long lasting and waterproof, but I don't like that it's difficult to remove. :/

*Jen* said on November 5, 2008 at 2:19 PM

Nicole this is probably one of the best curling mascaras I've tried in terms of its ability to hold a curl. See how they curl almost straight up? I love it!

But yeah when I wear this mascara I end up wearing it for 3 days or so since that's how long for the final traces of it to be removed. It's such a pain!

Anonymous said on November 5, 2008 at 5:04 PM

I see what you mean by curling. I can actually see some of your individual lashes curling upward.

Mascaras that are hard to remove drive me a bit crazy. I stopped buying waterproof ones for this reason. Most non-waterproof mascaras provide some water resistance, so I don't worry too much about that.

*Jen* said on November 5, 2008 at 5:20 PM

Deb I can deal with waterproof mascaras but this is in a category all its own! I literally end up wearing this mascara for three days because I just can't manage to get it off. It's rather annoying!

I have major issues with mascaras smudging under my eyes so non-waterproof mascaras usually don't work so well for me. Well the Max Factors do, but as a whole they don't =X.

Digital Angel said on November 5, 2008 at 5:34 PM

What kind of eyeshadow or eyeliner did you use to creat green look? It kinda looks like teal color too. I love that look, very pretty.

*Jen* said on November 5, 2008 at 5:52 PM

Hi Digital Angel!

Thanks so much! I used this Jesse's Girl Eye Dust that Taryn sent me-you can see it in this post:

http://abeautyfulsentiment.blogspot.com/2008/07/i-love-my-readers-seriously.html

and it's such a gorgeous stand alone shade!! I really really love it!

Anastasia said on November 5, 2008 at 7:40 PM

So, should I get this, or Majolica Majorca?

I noticed No 7 360 degree mascara stays on forever, as well.

*Jen* said on November 5, 2008 at 7:49 PM

Anastasia I'd go for this over the Majolica Majorca I think. For one thing it's cheaper, and it's also much easier to apply than the MM which can get a little messy. The MM gives a little more length, but this one gives more volume. And they're both ridiculously hard to remove!

Anonymous said on November 5, 2008 at 8:22 PM

I'm so getting this as a Christmas present to myself, LOL.

I just checked it out on Sasa but I can't see the option where I can add it to my cart :(

I love the blue look you did in 2 of the pictures! What did you use?

*Jen* said on November 5, 2008 at 8:28 PM

Julie you should! It's a great product plus it's almost a guilt-free purchase since it's not crazy expensive!

LOL I've been getting a lot of questions about that blue! It's by a brand called Jesse's Girl and unfortunately I don't see a color name on the back of the product, but I do know it's carried at drugstores. Hope that helps!

Anonymous said on November 5, 2008 at 9:00 PM

I missed this! Your lashes look amazing! They do look very curled! I wish I didn't know about this Sasa website...I just went there and ordered some of those Clean and Clear grapefruit oil blotting sheets..some kind of gloss in an apple container(so cute!) and now I'm looking at all the BB creams...so enticing! lol

*Jen* said on November 5, 2008 at 9:02 PM

Aleksis I have some BB creams slated for review in the future (think far far future--like 2-3 weeks maybe lol) so defnitely stay tuned for those!

I know what gloss you're talking about, I have the peach version and love it!! And they also make a larger version of the fruit with hand cream in it--I also have that in the peach and it smells absolutely delicious! Sasa really is so addictive, and I find myself wanting things even when I have on idea what they are.

You'll love the grapefruit blotting sheets if you haven't tried them already!

Anonymous said on November 5, 2008 at 9:04 PM

What is that amazing eyeshadow your wearing?

*Jen* said on November 5, 2008 at 9:16 PM

RobbyRaynebow I'm getting asked that quite a bit lately!!

It's this teal/blue shade by Jesse's Girl (a drugstore brand). It was a gift from a very sweet blog reader and it's absolutely beautiful. It's a loose powder and is just so wonderfully pigmented and an all-around gorgeous color.

Anonymous said on November 5, 2008 at 10:17 PM

If I had to take a guess as to what Jesse's Girl color you're wearing, it looks like 561 Trouble Maker.

*Jen* said on November 5, 2008 at 10:20 PM

Deb is there a sticker on these that tells you what shade it is? I looked and looked and pored over the little sticker on the bottom but to no avail. I must be missing something!

Anonymous said on November 5, 2008 at 10:31 PM

I've never owned their Eye Dust, so I don't know how they are labelled. I base my guess on swatches I have seen of Eye Dust colors.

*Jen* said on November 5, 2008 at 10:35 PM

Thanks for the info Deb! I've never seen much of Jesse's Girl before (I've probably seen it in store once or so) but I was very impressed by this, and everyone else seems to be loving it too!

Anonymous said on November 5, 2008 at 10:40 PM

I Googled it, and apparently the last three digits of the bar code on the packaging are the color number. The color numbers are on the website for Jesse's Girl Cosmetics (jessesgirlcosmetics.com). As I said, 561 is called Troublemaker.

*Jen* said on November 5, 2008 at 10:42 PM

Thanks for looking into it for me Deb! I'm currently putting together my Sephora F&F list so I'm a little side-tracked =). I have the Clarins cleanser you recommended on my list for future use when my current cleanser runs out--I'm really excited to try it and hope that I love it!

Anonymous said on November 5, 2008 at 11:51 PM

hi, jen. i luv ur blog! omg, when i heard tat u order this mascara, i been waiting for ur review on this mascara. i, personaly really like this mascara, i no it's ridiculously hard to get it off, but i find tat using baby oil soak into a cotton ball helps. o, since u mentioned tat u also own the majolica majorca mascara, i recommend u to try those two together, because i tried them together, and the effect is amazing on my short asian lashes. Since one is emphasize more on length, and the other is more on volume, i think it u should give it a try.

*Jen* said on November 6, 2008 at 12:17 AM

Hi Anonymous!

I'm so glad that you're love my blog!

I'll definitely be layering this with the Majolica Majorca mascara to see how they look together, per your suggestion. Which do you apply first? I'm excited to see how they work together!

Anonymous said on November 6, 2008 at 1:28 AM

hi jen,

for me, i apply the majolica majorca first,and i brush on several coats of it, till it gives pretty descent length. then i use the kiss me mascara to add volume and seperate the lashes since majolica can get spidery sometimes. so is basically MM first, then kiss me, then MM and so on for more dramatic results.

Oh, u r very welcome. Iam very interested on viewing beauty blogs recently, and out of all the blogs i had viewed, i like urs the best!! and u are great reviewer, keep it up! ^^

*Jen* said on November 6, 2008 at 1:30 AM

Awww thanks so much! I do my best =P

I just reread my comment to you above--please excuse my grammatical errors, it's late in the evening I'm rather tired lol.

I'll definitely be trying out your method on a day when I can deal with the removal process. Maybe Friday since I'm going to get my hair cut and want to look nice =D

Thanks for the sweet comment!

Anonymous said on November 6, 2008 at 1:37 AM

is fine, i make all the grammar errors all the times. lol. yup, i cant wait to hear how it goes. OOO, a haircut, how nice!! I really want to see ur beautiful pics sometimes, u should post some. ^^

*Jen* said on November 6, 2008 at 8:26 AM

one of these days!! i do need to post photos of my hair at some point thought =P

Anastasia said on November 6, 2008 at 9:23 AM

I like the packaging, I mean the cardboard thing it comes in, that little anime girl reminds me of all the shojo manga I used to read, like the early CLAMP styles with her fancy eyes and curly hair ;3

*Jen* said on November 6, 2008 at 9:37 AM

I love the packaging too! And I'd love it even more if my eyes actually looked like that =P

Anastasia said on November 6, 2008 at 11:42 AM

Your eyes are much more beautiful!

I don't get why you're all self-conscious, you're ASIAN. It's common knowledge that asian girls are far hotter than us boring Caucasian girls.

*Jen* said on November 6, 2008 at 12:42 PM

Awww Ana! <3

LOL there are always exceptions!

And on days like this when my skin isn't cooperating with me I feel like a monster!

Anastasia said on November 6, 2008 at 1:35 PM

You should try the Ly-Na Pearl Cream Nessa reviewed. I bought two on eBay and have been using it for about 4 nights, and the improvement is amazing.

For some reason I've been getting continual breakouts on my chin, everytime one blemish cleared up, another appeared! Since using the cream I've had no new ones at all and the old ones are going away faster than usual. Plus it's coloured, so it actually makes my skin look way better when I use it, which is perfect for days when I'm mooching at home, like to give my skin a break by not wearing make-up, but don't want my housemates or postman to see me looking like a monster.

Best of all, it's only like, $3.

Btw, with this mascara, did you notice any irritation if the fibres got in your eye or anything?

*Jen* said on November 6, 2008 at 8:09 PM

Ana I've been meaning to try this but haven't been able to make it down to Chinatown to look for it--meaning SO has been mean and refusing to drive me!! My skin has really been acting up lately.

With this mascara I had very few issues with bits flaking into my eyes, so no noticeable irritation!

Anastasia said on November 6, 2008 at 8:49 PM

Ooh good to hear! And check eBay for it as well, it's only a couple of bucks, and seriously worth it :3

I think it smells like furniture polish, but I kinda like it.

*Jen* said on November 6, 2008 at 11:39 PM

Ana I'm going to be hunting this down in the next week hopefully, as my skin really could use it!

Furniture polish??

Syn@3sTh3sI@ said on March 13, 2009 at 4:40 AM

For Majolica Majorca mascara, I can remove them in a breze by using Elianto Pomegranate eye & lip makeup remover.. but still take painstaking to remove KATE mascara... so i hav no idea whether it will works on Kiss Mee Heroin mascara ?

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on March 13, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Syn@3sTh3sI@ I'll have to try that Pomegranate stuff--seriously nothing I've tried works on it!

The Kiss Me is a little easier to remove than the MM, so you probably wouldn't have too tough a time removing it.

Anonymous said on April 15, 2009 at 4:28 AM

This looks really good! Your lashes really curl with this mascara!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on April 15, 2009 at 10:10 AM

Anonymous thanks for your comment! This is easily one of my fave mascaras, except when it comes time to remove it.


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Your comment won't show up immediately as it must be moderated before it's published, but I promise to get to it ASAP. I appreciate each and every comment and promise to reply!

Thanks again and come back soon!