Maybelline Lash Stiletto Ultimate Length Mascara ($7-9)I know I've been promising you this review for well over a month (see this post with my matching manicure!), but as you can see I'm seriously backed up on my mascara reviews! I also have that Givenchy mascara review I've been telling you about, along with a few others. But better late than never, as I seem to be saying so often lately.

The Claim: Seductive length, a shiny patent finish, and strengthening + conditioning.

The Reality: I'd say that Lash Stiletto delivers pretty well on its promises. I don't really notice the promised "shiny patent finish," but overall this is a pretty great mascara that gives slight volume and really nice buildable length.
The Brush: Maybelline states that its Grip & Extend Brush can grasp each lash and coat it from every angle to achieve extreme length and shine. It just looks like a regular, albeit a little narrower, mascara wand to me! I'll admit that this is great for reaching each and every lash though thanks to its skinny shape, and I find that I can indeed reach all the inner and outer lashes that I just can't get to with some other mascara wands.

The Formula: One of my favorite aspects of Lash Stiletto is how it manages to stay put without smudges or flakes for hour after hour, yet removes easily with just a little cleanser and water. I've worn this for 15 hours at a time and haven't experienced a single flake or smudge; and all the while Lash Stiletto feels feather-light and looks great on. It gives a little volume (nothing mind-blowing) and not so much curl, but the length is really beautiful since you can build and build this stuff without it getting spidery. At some point you will start to get a few little clumps but for the most part this stuff is pretty great and sooo much better than the disaster that Maybelline's Colossal was!



The Verdict: If you're already pretty happy in the volume & curl departmnet (or you have a great msacara base) and want a drugstore mascara that will give you gorgeous length (and you're sick of your Max Factor mascaras) I'd definitely give this a try. I will say that I like my Max Factor Volume Couture more than this, but Lash Stiletto definitely wins in the "no flake or smudge" department. Oh and the cute packaging! Who doesn't want a mascara that looks like a pair of Christian Louboutins?
Ingredients:

RATING: 3.75/5


Related Posts:
Read Parts 1-16 of the Mascara Series here! I've also added a "Mascara Series" tab up top so you have easy access to it at all times!
- Part 16: Maybelline Colossal Review
- Part 15: Hourglass Superficial Lash Review
- Part 14: Bourjois Liner Effect Review
- Part 13: L'oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Review
- Part 12: Kiss Me Heroine Make Volume & Curl Review
- Part 11: Max Factor Lash Perfection Review
- Part 10: Lancome Oscillation Mascara Review
- Part 9: Max Factor Volume Couture Mascara Review
- Part 8: Diorshow Iconic Mascara Review
- Part 7: Exceptionnel de Chanel Review
- Part 6: Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes Review
- Part 5: Shiseido Mascara Base Review
- Part 4: Chanel Inimitable Review
- Part 3: Diorshow Review
- Part 2: Yves Saint Laurent Everlong Review
- Part 1: Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Review
- And see my cursory review of Guerlain's Le 2 de Guerlain Holiday Mascara here.

8 comments:
yay! i really like this one! it definitely stays put all day with no flaking or smudging. my favorite part is definitely how easily it comes off (one of the best at coming off easily with just face wash). thank you again for sending me this! i think i also prefer volume couture (as well as 2000 calorie extreme), but i need to see how the volume couture (non-waterproof) compares. the fact that it's so difficult to remove drives me nuts! i'm wearing it today though. :)
nicole everyone had recommended the non-waterproof volume couture to me, saying it holds a curl whereas the non-waterproof version doesn't relaly, but i'm kinda glad i didn't get it because the last thing i need is another mascara that's impossible to remove! i think i have enough of those.
soooo i've been meaning to e-mail you to tell you about my sasa order but things have been so hectic these past few days. i'll e-mail you tonight or so to tell you about everything =D.
why is it so hard to find a mascara that stays put all day yet comes off easily with just soap and water? i hate feeling like i'm ripping lashes out as i'm attempting to remove some mascaras.
and have you checked out the sephora site--there're a million new products up!
I'd been wondering about this mascara! Thanks for the review, I think I'll give it a try now- I need something that won't flake.
Lori it's not one of the best I've tried, but it's definitely a good safe mascara.
wow... i like maybelline's mascaras... I love how tis mascara never give u spidery lashes... too bad my local maybelline did not bring tis line in. but we do hav Unstoppable CUrly Extension, which works fine on me ...
Syn@3sTh3sI@ if you ever find this near you give it a shot, it's a great solid and inexpensive mascara.
I don't think I've heard of the Unstoppable Curly Extension, but just judging by the name it sounds great!
Of all the reviews you have done for mascara, this is the best! in the photos I can really see a difference in the way your lashes look. So feathery and flirty! I personally have and LOVE this mascara! I'm glad you also love it! It looks amazing on you!
Thanks so much Lissa! This is a great mascara, especially for the price, and it's pretty foolproof to use to.
Thanks again! :)
Post a Comment