The Claim: From Sephora:
"Creates the longest, thickest, curviest lashes ever, resulting in an ultra-glam "just-off-the-catwalk" look."
The Wand: The DiorShow wand is compromised of conventional bristles (no fancy rubbers here!), but super-sized! This is one of the fattest mascara wands I've ever seen, which seems to work great for others but not so great for my squinty eyes. The wand is simply too large for my small eyes, and I end up with mascara all over the place. Also, the size of the brush prevents me from getting at the roots of my lashes.
The Formula: I find it difficult to like the DiorShow formula because although it doesn't clump, it really doesn't do much else for me in the way of volumizing or curling. It gives me good length, but it's honestly my least favorite Dior mascara. I know that this is a favorite amongst many many mascara-users, but this is just average for me. I can apply coat after coat and still have little to no volume-but I will have spidery lashes!
The Good: The Azure Blue really is a lovely shade, albeit not really for me. I bought this when the whole blue-mascara craze began, only to realize I feel kinda silly walking around with blue mascara. I do get compliments on it, but I much prefer my blacks!
The Bad: This doesn't really do anything for my puny lashes. And did I mention that I think I'm allergic to this mascara? I've never had my eyes react to anything in my life (well other than the time in second grade when a classmate gave me a papercut on my eyeball and it started watering like crazy!), but this mascara makes my eyes water and tear all day! It doesn't irritate my eyeballs per se, but the constant watering is definitely annoying. That, coupled with the fact that this mascara doesn't live up to my expectations means it hardly ever gets used.
Price: $24.00
Conclusion: I don't think I'll be purchasing this again! I'm glad it works for so many other women, but it just isn't for me.







14 comments:
I was never that impressed with Diorshow either. Well, I loved the tube it came in! But the actual product fell short, like my lashes :)
Also, why pay the full $24 when you can buy the identical Benefit Bad Gal (or Bad Gal Blue) for $19!
I guess all those D's are worth $5 though!
I agree that the tube is rather nice, but I'd have to say my favorite so far is YSL-so shiny! :)
And you could get Cover Girl's LashBlast for like $8!! Not that I love that so much either-I'll probably be doing a review of that after I get to Inimitable and a few others.
The price of the Dior mascara isn't terrible, but there are definitely drugstore mascaras out there that do a much better job for like 1/3 of the price.
My lashes fall short too! People love to make fun of the fact that I have all of two lower lashes :(
I expected a bit more of DIorShow after so much raving, but it worked really well. Though I wouldn't buy it in blue, I don't dig that trend thanks very much!!! lol
I'm glad it's been working well for you Marcela! I feel like it might work really for people who have decent length/volume, but for people who have very little in the lash department to begin with, it's a bit lackluster.
And yeah, I don't really know what I was thinking with the blue :) Although it is kinda fun on those days when I'm not wearing any other eye make-up.
i've had amazing results putting lancome cils cooster xl under diorshow blackout..you should give it a try!
thanks for the great suggestion snb-the glamourista! i'll definitely have to look into the lancome cils booster when my self-imposed house arrest is over :)
i think i might still have issues with the diorshow brush though. i think having small eyes means i need to stick with tapered/narrow mascara wands :(
Hahah that's intense blue!
I love the Benefit BadGal Blue. It's blue, definitely in the tube, but on your lashes, it looks blue/black, enough that most people can just notice there's something different, but they can't put their finger on it.
I love it. Try it!
LoL isn't it?! But I promise it doesn't look nearly as scary as it does in the close-ups!
The BadGal in Blue sounds more like what I was expecting the DiorShow to look like-more of a navy blue/black, rather than an electric blue :)
I'm putting it on my "to try" list for the next time I go to Sephora, although the Dior has kinda scared me off colored mascaras for now!
i tried badgal blue and wanted to love it...but with my eyes being blue gray, it clashed wierdly. guess i'll stick to black!
snb i tend to prefer black too-the blacker the better!
but i've been curious to try purple/amethyst colored mascaras, since i think purples pair beautifully with brown eyes. i know YSL makes a nice one and i recently saw an interesting-looking givenchy one at sephora, so i'll definitely be trying both!
Thanks for the review! I used to use this in black, but switched to CoverGirl lash blast because it's a fraction of the price. I understand where you're coming from when you said it irritates your eyes! The rose perfume scent is a bit annoying.
Anonymous glad I'm not the only one who thinks so!
I'm so happy when I can find great drugstore dupes for department store products that I love, since there's never anything wrong with saving money! :)
I love all your reviews but I seem to have started at number 24 and worked my way back!!
I was so excited to try Diorshow but when I went to the counter they didnt have it so I tried Diorshow Blackout and it was pretty useless. BadGal Lash was better (and cheaper). I'm just not impressed with Dior products at all! But thank you for letting me know that its not just me who doesnt like this dior mascara!
Thanks so much Lottie! :)
There will be many many more installments to come :)
Post a Comment