Sephora currently has a ton of great new items on their site, but since I know that not everybody's as obsessive a Sephora-shopper as I am, I figured I'd point out a few of the more interesting items for your shopping convenience.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Sin ($17)
What it does: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin combines incredible staying power with a shimmering champagne hue that complements almost any eyeshadow. This two-in-one beauty miracle can be worn alone to give eyes just a hint of tint for when you're in a hurry or in need of that "no makeup" look.
Urban Decay's bestselling Primer Potion is now available (currently to Beauty Insiders only) in a shimmering champagne shade. I'm tempted to purchase this since I've heard such fabulous things about the original UDPP, but I'm also a little reluctant since I've also heard that the packaging is absolutely rubbish.

Tarte 'Bottoms Up' Lower Lash Mascara ($16)
What it is: A mascara specifically designed to precisely coat each and every bottom lash.
What it does: Tarte Bottoms Up™ - Lower Lash Mascara has a flake-free, water-resistant formula with a precision tapered brush that allows you to target the tiniest of lashes and wide-set bristles that separate and evenly coat. The ergonomic component ensures easy application for perfectly defined bottom lashes.
Being the mascara freak that I am, I'm finding it might hard to resist the allure of this dainty little lower-lash mascara. I know I need a separate mascara for my lower lashes like I need another toe, but Bottoms Up is paraben, mineral oil, sulfate, and synthetics free which makes me feel a little less guilty about wanting this. Is it bad that I currently have this in my shopping cart?

LORAC Special Effects Mascara ($22)
What it does: LORAC Special Effects Mascara delivers a double dose of lash beauty. One side is a primer containing natural oils, DL-Panthenol, and plant extracts to revitalize your lashes, making them stronger and softer. The other side features a carbon black Defining and Lengthening Mascara that is formulated with unique polymers to stretch and hold lash shape for clump and flake-free lashes. Both formulas are infused with Mother of Pearl to keep lashes supple, healthy, and shiny.
Yet another new and fabulous-sounding mascara!

Stila The Precious Pearl Palette ($40)
What it does: Stila The Precious Pearl Palette features six new silky smooth eyeshadow shades that are infused with genuine crushed pearl. A natural wonder, pearl minimizes the appearance of fine lines and leaves skin with a youthful, radiant glow. It also contains minerals and proteins which nourish the skin leaving it smooth and soft. These six must-have eyeshadow shades, that can be worn alone or together, create an endless number of brilliant looks. They are tucked inside a vintage-inspired compact with real mother-of-pearl detail.
From the swatches I've seen of this palette it looks pigmented, satiny, and just all-around gorgeous. And of course I love the fact that the shadows are infused with real crushed pearls, which purportedly are great for the complexion. Tempting!

Tarte Spring Greening Reusable Straw Palette ($38.50)
What it does: Tarte Spring Greening Reusable Straw Palette contains six vibrant eyeshadows, three vivacious t5™-infused lipglosses, and a bamboo eyeshadow brush. Everything is tucked in a compact composed of sustainable straw to help protect and replenish the Earth's natural resources. The foam tray is constructed of Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA), a post-consumer recycled material—so when you're finished using the eyeshadows you can easily remove the tray and reuse the straw palette!


Bare Escentuals Buxom Babes Lip Polish Duo ($18)
What it does: Buxom Babes Lip Polish Duo naturally creates the look of fuller, more voluptuous lips. This mineral-infused polish imparts a luminous, high shine with no sticky or tacky feeling. A deep infusion of antioxidant vitamins A and E help keep lips soft, smooth, and protected, while the tingly and cooling sensation reminds you that your lips are getting an immediate increase in fullness.
Since purchasing my BE Diamond Lips set I've become a HUGE fan of these glosses--I just can't get enough!

Le Soin Noir ($360)
What it does: Givenchy Le Soin Noir contains an extremely precious, natural age-defying ingredient that will secure its status in you're anti-aging routine. Used for the first time in cosmetics, Vital Black Algae Sap Concentrate restores communication between the skin's cells. Givenchy's researchers have developed a method to infuse this potion with a rare black algae extract to help maintain and prolong cellular longevity. Parched skin drinks in the hydration it needs—leaving your complexion firm, glowing, and even-toned.
What else you need to know: Vital Black Algae Sap Concentrate is found in the depths of the ocean and reconstructs a catalyst in the skin to counteract the signs of aging. Only Vital Black Algae Sap Concentrate contains these precious black molecules that are extremely rich in vital fatty acids. The result is skin that draws new strength to protect the cells' DNA from light-induced aging and wrinkles as it becomes firmer and restores itself. Smooth it on morning and night to form an invisible barrier that protects against the signs of aging caused by environmental and internal assaults.
You can currently get a free sample of this stuff online with any order, so you can be sure I'll be checking out this uber-expensive $360 cream!

22 comments:
That Stila palette looks so awesome! I would love to see some really good swatches of the colors, so I can see what effect the pearls has on finish up close. Having a Mother-Of-Pearl embellished palette is a bonus.
When on Earth is Urban Decay going to ditch that awful bottle? Supposedly, they were working on a new bottle, but here's a new product and lo and behold, it has the same old crappy packaging.
It's no surprise to me that there are two mascaras in this blog posting. The lower lash mascara is interesting. I don't recall what brand made it, but there was a mascara that had two wands. One was a regular wand, and the other was a mini wand for the lower lashes. This Tarte mascara sort of reminds me of that.
I am so dense! I just realized the mascara I was thinking of was the Guerlain one you reviewed a while back. *slaps forhead* Duh!
Deb the Stila palette is seriously stunning! Here are those swatches I was talking about:
http://www.temptalia.com/stilas-precious-pearl-palette-kicks-off-spring-with-a-bang
Don't they look simply amazing? I'm usually not all that into Stila, but this palette has me saying "wow."
I've been waiting for UDPP's new packaging, but my patience is wearing thin. When are they going to give us this new packaging they've been promising us? I really don't want to waste $17 so that I can use up 1/4 of a bottle of primer potion, then cut myself attempting to hack it open.
I'm getting predictable with the mascaras obsession, huh? =) I think the mascara that you're referring to is the Le 2 de Guerlain, which I unfortunately wasn't a big fan of.
I need to ponder over my list before placing my order!
LOL Deb yes it is!
I have seen the swatches, and now I want the palette! The colors are amazing! If I still have some cash after the Hello Kitty frenzy, I might have to head over to Ulta and pick this one up.
Deb I'm saving my pennies for Hello Kitty too, which is unfortunate since there seem to be so many things I want lately! I do have a Sephora gift card burning a hole in my pocket...
The packaging for UDPP is definitely crappy! To think that they'd come up with a better packaging BEFORE they come up with a new shade... :-/
ooh.. the Tarte teeny mascara does look tempting!
Connie I think it'd really bother me to have that crappy packaging sitting on my vanity mocking me! I am dying to try the new shade though =X.
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one tempted by that mini mascara! I was a little worried everyone would tell me I was crazy.
Geez, too many great things are being released at the same time!!! I love the BE gloss duos, I have Amber and it's a great shade.
Get the UDPP. The packaging is annoying, but it'll be a while before you have to cut it open, and once you know the right way to go about it, it takes about 2 minutes and gives you enough product for another 6 months, at least.
Jen - You're making it hard for me to hold on unitl Hello Kitty. LOL
I'll be getting UDPP definitely. I heard it can be worn alone as a shadow or as a regular primer which gives e/s that extra pop. I depot mine personally and keep it in a nice jar on my vanity. LOL I depotted about 2 1/2 months ago and still have soooo much left.
Lorac's masacra sounds good as well as the other one but I'll wait for your reviews. I'm not a mascara junkie so those I can always wait for.
Stila palette is tempting. Heard great reviews on YT. I also want the 1959 Barbie can. I read a whole review about them (they represent Barbie in 4 decades (50's/60's, 70's, 80's and 90's) I like the one from the 50's/60's which is Pinup Barbie. Though I'm not INTO Barbie like that (neither am I into Hello Kitty like that...LOL)I'm a sucker for red lipstick (my ULTIMATE FAVORITE makeup product) and it comes with a liquid liner which I've been dying to add LL to my arsenal.
The Tarte is tempting just for the basket but I got enough clutter.
So hard so hard.
Tanya I'm so tempted by the BE gloss duos. The large ones are too huge for me to ever use up, so the mini ones are just perfect! I love that they're miniature, but not the teeny tiny mini glosses that some other brands give us.
Ana when it comes time to cut it open I'll be turning to you for directions on how not to cut off my finger then! :)
T.R. that's my goal! Is it evil that I love to tempt you? ;)
I think everyone's convinced me that I need the UDPP--I'll be ordering that later in the day, along with the lower lashes mascara and possibly the Stila palette.
I have a gorgeous red from Avon that I've been waiting to review--it's seriously my favorite red ever and soo beautiful!
In terms of liquid liner, have you ever tried a gel like Bobbi Brown's? I find them so much easier to work with and I love the look that they give me. Although I'm a fan of liquid liners as well--if you need suggestions definitely let me know as I've got a bunch of liquid liner photos uploaded on my computer, waiting to be blogger about!
Thanks Jen, I have one of Bobbi Brown's glimmer gels in chocolate from like almost two years ago, I'd put it away and just retried it. Gorgous. I have mac's fluidline gel in blacktrack and 3 gel liners from Coastal Scents (which are fantastic and only 6.95)
I have urban decays 24/7 pencil in zero (black) which I love.
I love both my gels and pencils though I'm still learning to put them on well. As I said in another post, I'm just really getting into makeup so liner wasn't always my thing if I didn't have too. Only when I went out.
I've just heard people talk about liquid liners and wanted to try them. I got the new mac ultimapenline or whatever it is from Chill, tried it and was like um NO, this is tooo advanced for me....LOL so I took it back. I figure the stila one is in a nice little can with other great suff I'd use so I won't feel too bad if I can't get it to work right. :O)
I'd definitely like any help you can give. Thanks.
I got the stila palette a few days ago and the colors are beautiful. :)
Although Tarte items have been just ok for me, i decided to give the palette a shot. It's sad that the sephora stores have none of the things that are online so I can see it in person first.
The Lorac Mascara looks interesting, but I'll have to show some restraint and not order it....yet.
T.R. I'd definitely say that liquid liners give me the best look, but they also give me the most trouble!
Here are a few of my favorites in no particular order: Lancome's Artliner (it's relatively easy to use and therefore makes a great first liquid liner), Chanel's liquid liner that comes in pen form, and YSL's liquid liner (it has a nice thin brush). I know there are a million other great ones out there just waiting to be tried though.
I have yet to find a liner that gives me the control I want while also having the lasting power I crave. I've heard that MAC's Liquidlasts can do this, if used with a separate brush since the one it comes with is crap, but I'm a little scared of them after a little makeup disaster I had with one.
Jenn thanks for sharing! Are they as pigmented as they look in the swatches?
I haven't loved many of the Tarte items I've tried either, but their new releases are looking great and seem really cute.
oooh! you've never tried the UDPP? it really is great. i like it a lot, but haven't used it in a while. it works just as well as the MAC paint pots (or at least i think so). i've never had any creasing with UDPP. i'd love to try this one too. maybe this will be what i order to get the givenchy sample.
both mascaras sound great! i'd love to hear more about them. i'm taking a mini mascara break, since i have my traincase over flowing at the moment, especially with the new max factor ones i've added to the collection.
i definitely need a BE lip polish duo! just like you, i love the set, and can't get enough of them!
Nicole I've never purchased UDPP before--pretty unbelievable considering everything else I've tried I guess =P. Would you say they're better than paint pots? The packaging is a lot cuter!
I know I've contributed to that overflowing mascara collection of yours with all my suggestions--sorry! =X I'm diseased. I'm refusing to let myself get the Lorac since I have the Sasa mascaras coming--I will try the lower lash one though!
Let me know what you end up getting from Sephora! We both need to try that Givenchy cream.
I've never used UDPP either. I have used L'Oreal De-Crease. It worked okay, but it seemed rather dry. My eye area gets dry already, so using a dry product certainly isn't helping. Also, the tube packaging (while not as bad as UDPP) still would require me to saw it open to get it out.
I got Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I am very pleased with it. It's more liquid than UDPP or De-Crease, and it comes in a tube, so it is more hygenic and easy to dispense. I think it contains silicone like many face primers. Some people say it is easier to blend with TFSI than UDPP. Others say UDPP is better for very oily lids than TFSI, because it is dryer. While I haven't used both, I get the feeling that one isn't really better than the other. It's more like one is better for some and the other is better for others. It depends on your skin type, chemistry, and the products you are using with it.
Deb I've held off on trying UDPP partially because I'm afraid of drying out my eyelid area and potentially causing wrinkles in the long run, which may seem silly to some people. I do suffer from oily eyelids, but my undereye area also tends to be a little dry so I'd rather hydrate than dry out my eye area if at all possible.
But that having been said, I do love for my eye makeup to look vibrant and for it to last as long as possible.
I've heard a lot of really good things about TFSI as well. I'm hoping to find one that really works well for me and that doesn't make my upper eye area look dry/crepey.
Post a Comment