ABS has moved!
Please visit me at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com - look forward to seeing you there!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)

ABS's Five: My Current Mascara Wishlist

Anybody who's read my Mascara Series knows that I have a bit of a mascara obsession going on, but contrary to popular belief I haven't tried them all! Here are few (seven to be exact--once again I had trouble staying under the five limit) that are currently on my wishlist, starting with 3 tubing mascaras:

Photobucket
Kevyn Aucoin Beauty The Curling Mascara ($25)
What it does:
Kevyn Aucoin The Curling Mascara contains a unique combination of ingredients that gives long-lasting curl to the lashes. It also has an invincible stay-on quality and a formula that won't weigh lashes down.

What else you need to know:
The formula is protein-based and shrink-wraps on the lashes to draw them into a long, dramatic curl.

I'm always looking for a great curling mascara, but unfortunately the only good ones I've come across have been extremely difficult to remove, which is where Kevyn Aucoin's Curling Mascara comes in! It supposedly gives the lashes an alluring curl yet removes easily with warm water. I'm on something of a tubing mascara kick lately so this sounds perfect!

Photobucket
Kanebo 38C Separating and Lengthening Mascara ($30)
Nothing adds more to the mystique and allure of female eyes than a flutter of long, thick, healthy-looking eyelashes. Transform your eyes with a break-through mascara that separates, lengthens and conditions your lashes. Stays firmly in place come rain, sweat or tears, yet rinses off with just a splash of water at 38° C.

Kanebo happens to be one of my favorite cosmetics brands and I've heard good things about their tubing mascara--it's next on my list to try, albeit a bit pricey at $30!

Photobucket
Kose Cosmenience Marvelash Wonder Vinyl Black Mascara Curl Long ($9.30)
Water and oil-resistant. Removable by warm water. Contains inky black coloring and “Wonder Vinyl Black Polymer”, making your lashes longer and glamorous. With a Soft Long brush so that lashes will not clump.

I haven't seen much on this mascara around the web but it comes highly recomended by a dear friend of mine so of course I'll be giving it a try at some point. And it doesn't hurt that it'sa tubing mascara, claims to lengthen and curl, and it's cheap!

Photobucket
Givenchy Eye Fly Lash Extender Mascara ($23.50)
Eye Fly's secret weapon to perfectly even lashes is the patented helix brush that has short bristles to coat the lashes from root to tip and long bristles to separate, lengthen, and curl. This innovative formula combines three unique complexes: ExtraFly Complex to create an "airy sensation" that lifts each lash to wing-like perfection, Xtender Complex for maximum lengthening and separation, and ColorFly, an infusion of mother of pearl particles specially treated for lashes that shimmer with lovely highlights.

Back when Sephora first started popping up all over the place and I was just starting to get into makeup I saw this mascara on a display and couldn't resist testing it out. It was instant love and this has been on my wishlist all these years yet for some reason I've never been able to bring myself to purchase it. I'm thinking it needs to go on my Sephora F&F list--I'm dying to see how it stacks up against all the mascaras i've tried since then!

Photobucket
Hourglass Superficial Lash ($26)
What it does: Hourglass Superficial Lash creates thick, long, and lustrous-looking lashes to highlight the depth and intensity of the eyes. The enclosed brush applicator sculpts with precision and separation, coating lashes in weightless volume and sheen that accentuates and defines the lashes with a remarkably hydrating, color-rich formula.

What else you need to know:
Enriched with vitamin E, this ultra-hydrating formula seals in moisture to keep lashes soft and prevent breakage.

I tried this in the Sepia shade while at Sephora last night and while I couldn't properly assess just how good/bad this was since I already happened to be wearing a bit of mascara at the time, I did love how this soft brown shade seemed to highlight my eyes.

Photobucket
Longcils Boncza Longcilclassic Cake Mascara ($30)
Go back to the days of glamour-girl makeup with retro chic Cake Mascara from Longcils Bonzca. Comes in a mirrored case with a brush. Dampen the brush very lightly with water before dipping it into the cake, then sweep onto lashes

There's just something so glamorous about cake mascaras, and Longcils Boncza's is rumored to be amongst the best. Thanks Deb for pointing this out to me! Because of its cake form, this lasts longer than conventional mascara and therefore the price isn't nearly as bad as it looks, plus it's easy to travel with. Definitely a must-try at some point in my life, although I really don't know when.

Photobucket
Fresh Supernova Mascara ($25)
What it does:
Get the ultimate dramatic lash with this conditioning mascara enriched with panthenol, protective linden extract, and nourishing meadowfoam oil. The rich formula thickens, extends, and delivers an ultra-glossy finish in one coat.

I'm always intrigued by Fresh products and this is no exception! Did you know that you can redeem the full price of any Fresh facial in Fresh products? I'll be taking advantage of that offer during the next Spa Week during which facials are only $50!
.

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said on November 5, 2008 at 4:36 PM

Kayvid: You are one BAD influence!!! LOL! I got the bumpits then the Disney meteorite thingies and now the heroine mascara. And now I see this!!! I guess Ihave to quit reading your blog :-P
BTW please tell me more about the Fresh facial and product thingie you mentioned. I'm intrigued. FYI did you know that Fresh concealor is probably one of the best in market?

Anonymous said on November 5, 2008 at 4:43 PM

The only mascara I've tried from your list is the Fresh-Supernova mascara and I think you'll love it! I was originally attracted to it because I was looking for a nourishing mascara and when I went to ring it up my manager told me that everyone loves it! I hope you do to...:)

*Jen* said on November 5, 2008 at 4:48 PM

LOL Divya is it evil to say that I love when people buy things because of me? =)

I've never tried the Fresh concealer (okay confession I don't really use concealer because I'm lazy) so I definitely need to!

If you go to Fresh's website they have a section called e-space which is basically what their spa is called. Not all Fresh locations have a spa but some do so see if they have one in your area! Facials generally run $120 or so but during the annual spa week event they're only $50. Basically if you get a $50 facial, you can spent that $50 in products so it's like you got a free facial, if your facial cost you $120, you can put that $120 towards Fresh products, etc. I hope that makes sense!! It's really an amazing deal.

*Jen* said on November 5, 2008 at 4:49 PM

Aleksis hi! I thought of you today because I've been having such MAJOR sephora issues it's not even funny =X. I'm a little down at the moment (and the nasty weather's not helping) =(.

I was just thinking that the Fresh is maybe the one mascara I won't try but thanks to you I now feel like I need it!

Anonymous said on November 5, 2008 at 5:13 PM

Glad to see you're still interested in the Longcils. It seems like there might be a learning curve (see the lower ratings on Drugstore's site) to applying. However, my best guess would be it would be much less likely to create a nasty mess if you just lightly dampen the brush. I get the feeling that the people who said it was runny either got the brush excessively wet or applied water directly to the cake.

*Jen* said on November 5, 2008 at 5:23 PM

Deb I almost forgot to add it to my list! I actually had to come back and edit it in =P. I'm still really interested in trying it at some point, I just know that it won't be soon since after F&F I'll be pretty poor.

Anonymous said on November 5, 2008 at 6:07 PM

Kayvid: Boo!!! No Fresh near me :-(

*Jen* said on November 5, 2008 at 6:21 PM

Aww boooo!!! But at least now you know that if you ever happen to be near one yo should definitely stop in for a facial!!

Anonymous said on November 5, 2008 at 8:52 PM

LOL Jen I'm gonna be poor from Sephora too.... but at least you'll be beautiful!! :P

*Jen* said on November 5, 2008 at 9:00 PM

Aleksis you should see my list of favorites right now--it's absolutely ridiculous!!! Seriously I think it adds up to like $1,000! I need to do some major editing before I place my order.

Awww and here I was thinking I was beautiful already =X.

Anastasia said on November 6, 2008 at 9:24 AM

You have a mascara wishlist? A wishlist JUST for mascara? That's... not entirely normal, hon =[

*Jen* said on November 6, 2008 at 9:38 AM

I know I know Ana! I think I may need a Mascara-aholics Anonymous support group of some sort =X.


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Your comment won't show up immediately as it must be moderated before it's published, but I promise to get to it ASAP. I appreciate each and every comment and promise to reply!

Thanks again and come back soon!