ABS has moved!
Please visit me at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com - look forward to seeing you there!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)

Mascara Series Update--Go Check It Out!

I've been noticing that some of my earlier Mascara Series posts are a bit lacking in the photo department (meaning my photos suck!), so I've decided to gradually begin updating them one by one. Of course I started off with my favorite, YSL Everlong.

Check out one of the new and improved shots below, then hop on over to the original post (here) to see the rest! I promise you won't be disappointed =P

Photobucket


 

14 comments:

Ahleessa said on August 29, 2008 at 3:47 AM

I do have to say you got some eyelashes on you! Either the mascaras are working or you're blessed... hehe~

Anonymous said on August 29, 2008 at 8:24 AM

I love your mascara series, Jen, despite how bad it is for my wallet. :)

I don't know now... I thought Iconic was my favorite on you, but now I'm torn between both Iconic and Everlong with the new picture. They both look amazing! When it comes down to the actual mascara, I think I prefer Everlong b/c of the formula being drier. However, the Iconic brush is so awesome for getting my lower lashes better than any other mascara I own, so it's a tough competition. I love them both so much though, and they also look the best on you.

*Jen* said on August 29, 2008 at 11:50 AM

LOL Alyssa have you seen my before photos? I have some in the original YSL Everlong post, and also in the Givenchy post--my lashes are pretty much short and fine and completely invisible without mascara! I have the worst lashes =X

But the mascaras are definitely doing their job for me!

*Jen* said on August 29, 2008 at 11:54 AM

Thanks Nicole! I love doing it, although I get ridiculously frustrated every time I do it because the mascara photos never turn out as good as I'd like, and my lashes never look quite as good as they do in person.

I'm torn too! I love the volume and length and Iconic give me, but there's just something about Everlong that makes me love it just a little more than everything else. I'm definitely with you on the formula--it's spoiled me rotten, and I have a hard time adjusting to wetter formulas, even if they tend not to dry out so soon.

How did inserting water droplets work out for you?

I have to admit that I hadn't used Everlong in awhile (so many other mascaras to try!), but yesterday it worked amazingly well for me! It held a curl like it never has before, which confused me a lot. I think I may be curling my lashes too soon out of the shower, so that they're not completely dry, and that may be contributing to my curl issues.

I'm so glad you're loving some of my mascara recommendations! I always feel really bad when people buy things because they looked good on my blog and then they end up disliking them =(

Steph said on August 29, 2008 at 1:04 PM

Hi Jen ~ Lovely blog. I enjoyed browsing through your mascara posts because I'm such a sucker for any new mascara promising the world! :)

*Jen* said on August 29, 2008 at 1:11 PM

Thanks so much Steph I'm a HUGE fan of your blog!! I read it regularly =)

I think it goes without saying that I'm a sucker for mascaras too! My eyelashes definitely need it.

Anastasia said on August 29, 2008 at 2:49 PM

Noooo! Not more great mascaras! I'm all out of money =[

What are you doing to me, Jen?

*Jen* said on August 29, 2008 at 3:03 PM

LOL Anastasia!! If it's any comfort, it's not like it's limited edition so it'll always be there =P

That's what I always tell myself when I really want something but just can't get it. I can get it later--although later usually ends up being now lol!

Unknown said on August 29, 2008 at 7:03 PM

You are SSOOOOOOO OCD... stop it!

*Jen* said on August 29, 2008 at 7:04 PM

Ooooh what a mean commenter!! =X

Kidding! I'm not OCD =*(

Steph said on August 30, 2008 at 9:50 AM

Aww *hugs* thanks jen! I really like the YSL - looks fab on you. :)

*Jen* said on August 30, 2008 at 10:21 AM

Thanks Steph! <3 It looks good and it's so "comfortable" on too! I really love it!

Anastasia said on August 31, 2008 at 12:41 PM

=O! Only if OCD stands for Obviously Charming Diva =D
<3

*Jen* said on August 31, 2008 at 11:21 PM

anastasia i LOVE that!! i'm going to have to show this to my meanie SO who posted above LOL! =P you're the best <3


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Your comment won't show up immediately as it must be moderated before it's published, but I promise to get to it ASAP. I appreciate each and every comment and promise to reply!

Thanks again and come back soon!