
JK Jemma Kidd Display in Target
If you've stopped by your local Target recently, you may have noticed they're carrying three new collections from some big names in the makeup world-Jemma Kidd, Napoleon Perdis, and Pixi. These products are exclusively to Target, and are touted as more affordable alternatives to department store cosmetics, but at prices ranging from $12-39, I'm rather inclined to stick to my department store cosmetics thank you very much!

JK Jemma Kidd Eyeshadows-$18 each
I swatched a few of these while at Target, and honestly wasn't all that impressed. The pigmentation is decent but nothing special, and at $18 I wouldn't really call these "affordable." Call my crazy, but at these prices why wouldn't I just go for MAC?

NP Set by Napoleon Perdis Display

Pixi Display

Eyeshadow Palettes-$28 each (and no they're not that big!)

A Closer Look

Lip Palettes-$28 each

Random Set (don't remember the price)
Honestly I wasn't terribly wowed byanything, nor was I inclined to purchase anything from these three lines. I'll admit that the introduction of these three "higher-end" lines into Target makes for easier one-stop shopping for the woman on-the-go, but for now I'll be sticking to my usual cosmetics lines.
Related Posts:
Have you checked out the beauty aisle at your local Costco? You really should! Check out some great Stila and Smashbox bargains at Costco here.
Would you purchaser high-end cosmetics from Target?
Related Posts:
Have you checked out the beauty aisle at your local Costco? You really should! Check out some great Stila and Smashbox bargains at Costco here.

22 comments:
I saw these at my Target as well, but I don't think it's worth it even with the 10% discount I get.
Oooh Alyssa you get a 10% discount?! Lucky you!!
And I agree that these aren't worth it. If they were great or super-inexpensive that'd be a different story.
People keep telling me that Jemma Kid is a UK brand. Hello, I live in England and I can't find them ANYWHERE. I've seen Pixi around, but they're not any better than Gosh (MAC rip-off) or Urban Decay to me, for the same price bracket.
The prices are pretty much standard for here. Any drugstore single eyeshadow is going to cost at least £8-10 ($16-20). MAC pigments are $30, their eyeshadows $20-30, brushes up to $80-100, my foundation costs me $50 a pop and only lasts about a month.
Maybe that's why everyone in America is so much prettier? It's cheaper!
LOL Anastasia I've always head Jemma Kidd is a UK brand too! I feel like it's not so readily available here either. The only places I've seen it are online and at Bergdorf Goodman.
OMG those prices are crazy! that's pretty much comparable to high-end department store cosmetics here. $80-100 for a brush?! insanity!
i'll admit i pay a lot for my foundation, but the other items just sound too expensive. i don't think i could afford to be a beauty addict in the UK!
I went to target on Saturday to look these brands, but I don't think it's worth it. They are so over priced, more expensive than MAC. If you have Target card, you get 10% off. :P I swatched that pixi palette, they were pretty though.
Digital Angel I never knew that! Is it pretty obvious that I don't spend much time in Target lol? Not that I don't love it, it's just there's only one around me and I don't find myself stopping in too often.
But yes these cosmetics are SOOO over-priced. I was excited to see these lines in Target (especially Pixi since their stuff is so cute), but not to see their prices.
I believe Jemma Kidd is English. In fact, she is married to Arthur Wellesley, Earl of Mornington. However, I don't know that her brand is necessarily a UK one. I remember reading about it in Vogue a year or two ago (that's how I know about her marriage).
I pretty much came to the same consclusion as you, Jen. I would have to be out of my mind to pay $18 for a Target eyeshadow when I can walk to across the mall corridor to Macy's and get a MAC eyeshadow for $14.50. At least I know from experience that the MAC shadow will stay looking fresh and vibrant all day long. Heck, the day I looked at the JK, Pixi, and NP stuff, Target had a bin of clearance makeup, and there were some pretty Sonia Kashuk shadows in there for only $3.
Deb you're a wealth of knowledge as always!
Your target had a clearance bin?! The Sonia Kashuk shadows I'd definitely pay $3 for--now that's my kinda Target bargain!
They had a lot of the light springy colors in the clearance bin. They had some Sonia Kashuk shadows, a bunch of Boots Botanicals pencils and shadows, and some drugstore brand lippies. Most of the stuff was $4 or less. There was even some stuff for less than a dollar. They also had a few Bare Escentuals mineral shadow kits marked down half price. I had spent small fortune that day at Coach, Ulta, and the MAC counter, so I restrained myself. I regret not getting one of the Kashuk shadows though. It was a pale periwinkle shade. It was subtle looking enough to even use for highlighting. Very pretty.
Even if I were still in cosmetics-buying mode, I don't think I'd purchase any of these, unless a color was truly special and something you couldn't find elsewhere.
That price range for Target is ridiculous. This is the land of $5 prescriptions and $4 Target brand TP! And they want me to shell out $18 for one shadow? (And BTW, Jemma Kidd is nothing to write home about - I tried some of her products from Neiman Marcus). It just doesn't make sense for them to jack the prices up this high. I thought NP, JK and Pixi would have been a little more conscious of the cost.
I'm getting cheap in my old age. :P
The Pixi lipgloss palette looks pretty reasonable, though. As someone who can count all her lipsticks/gloss on one hand, if we had something like that at that price here I'd definitely pick it up.
I just finished spending HOURS doing my most complicated look with the bargain Sleek palette, and still love it =D Beauty is looking cheaper!
Oooh Deb those are some great deals you came across! I definitely would've indulged in some BE mineral shadows had I come across them--I'm so jealous!! I need to double check my local target for one of these clearance bins.
It sounds like you had a great shopping day that day!
I totally agree Taryn! $18 is a tad pricey for any single shadow, and especially for one from Target!!
LOL Taryn what old age? =D
Anastasia I agree that the Pixi palettes are among the more reasonably-priced items of the bunch, but they're still a little pricey for me! Although you're right that it is hard to find reasonably priced lip palettes!
Oooh is it up yet? I'm going to pop over to see if it is!!
Th-th-thir-thirty-(in very small voice) two.
There. Now you know I'm almost ready for social security, you little 20 something whippersnapper! ;P
One good thing about Target = sales constantly! I'd wait for them to be marked down because I share your exact sentiments! Why not just go for MAC? LOL
I was at Target on Sunday, but didn't have time to go through the cosmetics. I usually just browse, but never end up with anything b/c the few things I end up liking are either around MAC's prices, or a little more, and I love my MAC stuff so much more than I think would the Target stuff (I could be wrong, but MAC's quality has never let me down, and I love everything I buy).
BTW, I'm wearing the YSL gloss today with the brighter pink lipstick (perfect combination!), but forget what I said about it not being gritty... I can totally feel each and every little piece of glitter, lol. :(
Taryn here you had me thinking you were seventy or something! =D You're still young as can be!
LOL one summer i worked at a medicare advocacy center, and thanks to being perpetually surrounded by people on medicaid, i felt like i'd be ready to go on medicaid any day now!
Julie where are these sales everybody's always talking about??? I hardly ever see sales at my Target =X
Well that could be because I hardly ever go lol!
ITA with buying MAC over Target-I'd rather spend the same money on something I know I'll love and be happy with =P
LOL! That's too bad since they're so perfect together! I'm guessing no more YSL glosses for you =(
I'll stick to purchasing MAC, or Aromaleigh, thanks. The only brushes I purchase from Target are some of the Sonia Kashuk stuff. There's no way I'd pay that for makeup from Target. I much prefer my mineral stuff or my MAC stuff. I sort of think Target made a mistake with putting this stuff on their shelves.
Decorative Diva I'm still waiting for my Aromaleigh samples to come. I hope I love them as much as you do--and I'm pretty sure I will!
I really can't see many Target customers purchasing items priced this high either, but maybe they'll prove us wrong!
Post a Comment