ABS has moved!
Please visit me at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com - look forward to seeing you there!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)

Introducing Lancôme Oscillation PowerFoundation SPF 21


Lancome's latest Oscillation PowerFoundation is just one of those products that makes me go "hmmmm.....seriously?!" ~ it's not that it seems like a particularly bad idea, it's more that I'm wondering who the heck thought that the world needed a vibrating foundation! Which isn't to say that I'm not dying to to pick myself up this $48 vibrating mineral foundation that promises to revitalize and smooth my skin.


So who wants to see a review of this? Because if my public demands it, you know I have no choice but to get it! In the meantime, you'll have to make do with this HSN presentation of the foundation. Surprisingly it looks promising, although looking at this product, some of my Oscillation Mascara disappointment is coming back to me.


 

26 comments:

Angela said on October 14, 2009 at 11:12 PM

i am definitely interested in a review of this.


http://sparklemidori.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said on October 14, 2009 at 11:28 PM

Please!! I am dying to know!

Alexandra said on October 15, 2009 at 12:53 AM

The mascara was really bad, but I actually really like this foundation!!

Anonymous said on October 15, 2009 at 12:55 AM

I saw the ad for this today in Harper's Bazaar, and I thought of you immediately for some strange reason. It's probably because you reviewed the Oscillation mascara and you also reported on that gimmicky L'Oreal foundation (the paint roller one).
I admit I am a tad curious if the vibration does anything special for the foundation, but I would hate to see that you spent $48 on it in the event it turns out to be junk.

Jnie said on October 15, 2009 at 1:10 AM

I'm excited to try this because lanome mineral makeup was pure love for me. They raved about this product at a seminar I went to so I can't wait.

Anonymous said on October 15, 2009 at 5:51 AM

Hi Jen!

I'm really curious about this foundation! Please review it :)


x Lindy

. : * justine * : . said on October 15, 2009 at 1:28 PM

I wonder if the Oscillation part of this just replaces the buffing part of mineral makeup? I can't think of what else a vibrating applicator would have.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on October 15, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Angela I'll try to pick this up at some point this week then! :)

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on October 15, 2009 at 1:34 PM

LOL Kristin I'm on it!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on October 15, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Aleksis it looks to be really promising in the video, although I'm not really a fan of mineral foundations so we'll have to see how this pans out for me.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on October 15, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Deb you know I love the gimmicky products even though more often than not they end up being disappointing. I'm all for new, different and fun things.

I'm just itching for an excuse to justify purchasing this one! =D

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on October 15, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Jnie I have yet to try Lancome's mineral products, but it sounds like you love them! I am also curious about the formula, so it looks like I'll be picking this up at some point.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on October 15, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Will do Lindy!

Anonymous said on October 15, 2009 at 1:58 PM

I watched the HSN video, and for a minute I contemplated trying it. However, since it is mineral powder, I checked the ingredients list. Under the list of "may contain" ingredients, it lists Bismuth Oxychloride". I am allergic to Bismuth. I can't even take Pepto Bismol (Bismuth Salicylate)! I don't think I want to take a chance. The rash I got from BE was dreadful.

Anonymous said on October 15, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Kayvid: I'd love to see a review of this. Esp. cause both the models in the video has phenomenal skin as it is before the makeup. I believe this is an excellent concept for a reason. When oily skin like mine needs powder I dont apply it in sweeping motion but more so in dabbing motions and this thingie probably does thouands of dabs in a minute, so I assume if the powder is any good the result of all this dabbage will be awesome. Just a theory. Lets see though. Waiting for your review :-)

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on October 15, 2009 at 2:46 PM

Justine that's kinda what I'm thinking, but from the video it sounds like it's supposed to smooth your skin and help it look all nice in the long run. Who knows though!

Either way it does sound fun =D.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on October 15, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Oh no Deb! That's definitely bound to make me really really itchy - BE always gave me rashes/hives/itchiness/breakouts galore. Awww poo!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on October 15, 2009 at 2:49 PM

Kayvid I was thinking the exact same thing - they have the kind of skin that doesn't require a stitch of foundation - the kind of skin I dream of having!

Will definitely give it a try!

~Lisa said on October 15, 2009 at 5:53 PM

It sounds quite interesting. But what does a vibrating brush do?? o.O And can you clean the brush/applicator because bacteria can get onto it??

I'm not really sold by this show LOL Before I watched I was like Yea, right. Right now, I'm at a maybe... I guess it's because I'm not sure if it's really great coverage since the models seem to have great skin.

I don't know if I want you to spend $48+tax on something that may be a gimmick just to review for us >.<

www.xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com

hannah said on October 15, 2009 at 7:56 PM

ah jen, please review it!! :)
i actually emailed you to review this product a few weeks ago. haha, so yes please!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on October 15, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Lisa I get the feeling the applicator isn't so cleaning-friendly.

Awwww thanks for the concern! I'll definitely check it out at the counter and see if at least seems semi-decent and worth purchasing. If it totally sucks I promise not to waste my money! Sometimes I need to be talked out of things =P.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on October 15, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Hannah my e-mails have been a little glitchy lately, I didn't receive it! I would love to hear from you though so do please try again at some point. I don't know where my e-mails are disappearing to!

T.R. said on October 19, 2009 at 8:37 AM

Hmmmm, I'm going to take a wait and see approach on this one. Which seems to be my policy lately.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on October 19, 2009 at 3:04 PM

Talia wait and see is always a great policy! Especially when Jen is here to review it for you! :)

T.R. said on October 19, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Thanks Jen, but you know I believe in taking advantage of comps when you can. :O) I don't want you overspending just to keep up on reviews. :O)

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on October 19, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Thanks Talia! Most of the brands I love I do end up purchasing for myself, in large part b/c I think my blog isn't really big enough for me to even be on their radar, but I'm always happy to try whatever comes my way, as it's a great way for me to discover products I may not necessarily have purchased myself.

I am trying to budget wisely as the holidays are coming up and I have many gifts to buy! :)


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Your comment won't show up immediately as it must be moderated before it's published, but I promise to get to it ASAP. I appreciate each and every comment and promise to reply!

Thanks again and come back soon!