ABS has moved!
Please visit me at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com - look forward to seeing you there!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)

Bobbi Brown Ivy League Collection for Fall 2009


Greens aren't my favorite, although the right khaki can create a beautifully understated smoky eye, but I'm finding that I have a soft spot for Bobbi Brown's Fall 2009 Ivy League Collection. I suspect that a large part of that may be a result of the collection's name, but in my defense the Illamasqua artist that I spoke to told me that I should experiment with more greens as they look great on me! See I'm not entirely illogical!

  • Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Forest Shimmer Ink ($21): For me this looks to be the highlight of the collection. As many of you know, I happen to love Bobbi Brown's Long Wear Gel Liners for their smooth, skip-free application and beautiful pigmentation, and when they include shimmer, well that just makes for an even happier Jen!


  • Eyeshadows in Golden Leaf, Bash and Ivy ($20): I need to check these out in person but I'm confident that at least one of these deep greens will catch my eye.


  • Creamy Eye Pencil in Jet, Walnut, Charcoal, Caviar, Hunter, Midnight, Brown Plum, Mahogany and Dusk ($20)


  • Lip Crayon in Honeysuckle, Coral Pink, Raisin Berry, Posey, Dusty Nude and Wild Rose ($22)

 

4 comments:

Nicole said on August 4, 2009 at 3:04 PM

saw some swatches & loved the eyeshadow in golden leaf & posey lip crayon. i wonder how the creamy eye pencils compare to the gel liners in terms of wear. need to see these in person!

*Jen* said on August 4, 2009 at 3:09 PM

Me too Nicole! Creamy eyeliner always makes me think of horrible smudging so I'm hesitant, but I just may check it out the same.

T.R. said on August 4, 2009 at 6:49 PM

I agree with you on BB's gel liner. I still have the one I bought almost 3 years ago. It's a pretty shimmery brown. I like this one too. and the eyeshadow. I'm really into greens at the moments and blues. I think it's my inner rebel trying to break free. LOL

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on August 4, 2009 at 9:59 PM

LOl T.R.! I think this green could be beautifully wearable, even in a professional environment.


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Your comment won't show up immediately as it must be moderated before it's published, but I promise to get to it ASAP. I appreciate each and every comment and promise to reply!

Thanks again and come back soon!