ABS has moved!
Please visit me at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com - look forward to seeing you there!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)

Free Jeweled Dior Lipstick Case w/ Purchase At Saks


Dior Addict Lipcolor has a new and improved formula that offers weightless, high-impact color, and to celebrate its launch, Saks mailed out these little flyers offering a jeweled Dior lipstick case with "your purchase."

You can see my grubby fingerprints all over the card =X.

So I stopped by the Saks on Fifth Ave. on Saturday and was informed by the SA there that "your purchase" actually meant 2 lipsticks! Now I make my living interpreting phrases like this, so while yes technically "your purchase" can mean any number of lipsticks that they choose, I happen to object to their failing to disclose in the mailer that you actually need to purchase not one but two lipsticks. I then called the Saks in NJ to see if they were also spewing this 2 lipstick nonsense, and was told they were only requiring the purchase of one--and since the NY SA refused to budge on her 2 lippie position, I politely informed her that I'd be taking my business elsewhere.

I get to Saks in NJ yesterday and the lady at the counter (who wasn't actually the Dior SA) tells me that she believes that it's two lipsticks, although she's not sure. At this point I'm getting a little aggravated since I'd gone out of my way to get there, but luckily as I'm waiting the lady with whom I'd spoken on Saturday (who's the Dior SA) comes back to her counter and says the card says "your purchase," she interprets that as one, and so of course it's fine to give me the lipstick case with my purchase of a single lipstick. Ahhhh the drama!

At least I finally have my hands on the lipstick case (which is really beautiful and well made) and a pretty new Dior lippie. I'll be bringing you photos of both soon!

 

18 comments:

Anonymous said on March 17, 2009 at 11:31 AM

i'm so glad you finally got the lipstick case! the case looks so beautiful! i want one. :( why didn't i receive this card? i receive all these other useless cards for small samples of junk when i'd much rather have this!

Kasumi said on March 17, 2009 at 11:32 AM

oh man. Now I have an excuse to get that pink Dior lippie I've been wanting haha. Do you know how long this will be going on and do you have to have a card to be able to receive the holder?

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on March 17, 2009 at 11:54 AM

Nicole I know that the Saks in NY was giving them out without the card as long as you asked and you purchased two lipsticks =X.

I was actually pretty surprised about receiving the card since I hardly ever shop at Saks--although I did buy a bunch of stuff from the Dior counter during F&F--so maybe that's why!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on March 17, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Kasumi it just says "while supplies last"--so it should definitely vary by how popular Dior is at your local counter!

The Saks in NYC was giving them out without the card I think, as long as you asked them about it.

Anonymous said on March 17, 2009 at 12:14 PM

wow the case is so pretty but what a pain to get it! Can't wait to see your review!

*Jen* said on March 17, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Didi I really wanted to wear the Dior lipstick today, but I'm waiting to photograph it before I use it. Hopefully it's just sitting safe in my room and Chloe isn't getting into any mischief with it!

Anonymous said on March 17, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Good work sticking to your guns. If they are going to require the purchase of two lipsticks, it should say so on the card. Nice tactic, Saks. Lure people in with the promise of free stuff, and then strong arm them into buying more than they originally intended.

T.R. said on March 17, 2009 at 2:20 PM

Hmmm Jen the case is beautiful. When I go check out Kanebo at Saks here I'll stop by Dior. :O) But I'm NOT buying 2 lipsticks. Especially at 30-40 a pop.

*Jen* said on March 17, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Thanks Deb! It's not that I was trying to be cheap or to get Saks to give me a lipstick case for free, but I just happen to object to the fact that they're purposely ambiguous in their flyers. It left a bad taste in my mouth and I would've been unhappy post-purchase.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on March 17, 2009 at 2:35 PM

T.R. is it sad that I found these lipsticks to be a relative bargain at $26 or so a pop? After all the $45-50 lipsticks I've been seeing, I was beginning to feel as though I'd never be able to afford lipstick again!

Alexandra said on March 18, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Being a former beauty advisor at a counter...I would have given it to you for the purchase of one, no questions! They should have said how many on the card...oh wait they did..."purchase"...NOT "purchase(S)" lol

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on March 19, 2009 at 9:38 AM

Aleksis why can't I ever meet nice people like you at the counters? I always seem to end up with super super pushy people who are either rude or condescending or both.

I was so happy that the final SA that I spoke to saw reason and took pity on me. It's just not right to say "your purchase" then say you need two! I'm sorry but I just don't need two more lipsticks =X.

Kasumi said on March 19, 2009 at 10:21 PM

would it be okay to use your second image on my blog? I don't have the original invite.

*Jen* said on March 19, 2009 at 11:08 PM

kasumi i never mind people using my photos as long as they credit them back. feel free to use it! :)

Mariza said on March 20, 2009 at 9:03 PM

I went to Saks today and got the Pink Lust! They didn't receive their shipment yet as the counter manager hadn't been there but the lady there is mailing me the case. It looks gorgeous!

*Jen* said on March 21, 2009 at 10:29 AM

Mariza how sweet of the counter manager to ship to you! And it sounds like you were able to get the lipstick case with the purchase of one lipstick, which is great!

Mariza said on March 21, 2009 at 2:00 PM

:) I love your blog btw! I followed you over from a forum!!

*Jen* said on March 21, 2009 at 2:59 PM

awws thanks so much mariza I really enjoy reading your comments! And thanks for sharing how you found my blog I love hearing about the different ways that people find me :)


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Your comment won't show up immediately as it must be moderated before it's published, but I promise to get to it ASAP. I appreciate each and every comment and promise to reply!

Thanks again and come back soon!