Guess who actually got home at a semi-decent hour yesterday? Me!!! I seriously couldn't believe it myself, but I did take the opportunity to experiment a little with my new Mixology Makeup mineral eyeshadows and threw together these two quick looks before having to run out for dinner. 
Look #1 Purple Smoke: I'd been wanting to test out the purples, and of course Turbulence, and this was the result. Please excuse the messiness, I threw this together in all of thirty seconds.
I applied Rock Show with a damp brush to the inner third of my eyelid, Pirate to the center using the same brush, and then Turbulence on my outer V. I also applied Turbulence along my lower lash line as a liner, and was so pleased by how pigmented it was. The look definitely needs some refining but I did like where it was headed.
Look #2 Sand Dunes: This looks didn't photograph too well, but I thought it was really pretty in person and it was actually what I ended up wearing out (partially due to lack of time). I'm wearing Dune all over my eyelid (applied with a damp brush), and just the tiniest speck of Soot on the outer half of my eye for some contrast. Love Dune! It's got this golden beigey neutral thing going on that really works for me.
ABS has a new look and is
now located at http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)
now located at http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)
Two Very Cursory EOTD's Using My Mixology Eyeshadows
If you haven't seen them already, don't forget to check out my Mixology Makeup eyeshadow swatches HERE!
Posted by A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 at 3/17/2009 10:12:00 AM
Labels: EOTD, FOTD, mineral makeup, Mixology Makeup

20 comments:
I'm loving the Sand Dune look!! Sexy and natural!
I like both looks, the first one is more dramatic and I love the blending :)
Thanks Tricia! I really love the color of Sand Dune--it's everything I've been looking for in a neutral.
Awww thank you so much Askmewhats! My blending skills still aren't where they should be, but I do try!
yay! Mixology etod's. I love the first look that you did. It is soooo purdyyy.
kasumi i was thinking of you when i did these--i know you'd wanted to see them!
i'm so glad that you like them! <3
I'm on team Sand Dune! I love your eye looks! What kind of mascara are you wearing for these 2?
Thanks Didi! I really need to find time to do more of them--my makeup looks have become so boring as of late =X.
I'm wearing this Kanebo mascara that I've been meaning to review FOREVER and that I featured in my "Best of 2008" post. It's a tubing mascara and it doesn't come off unless your water is 38 degrees celsius or warmer, meaning I can do as many eye looks as I want and I don't have to worry about reapplying my mascara or having it smudge. It's really a great product and one of the best tubing mascaras I've ever tried!
That Kanebo mascara really looks great on you! I'm going to be on the lookout for that review too - haha!
Also, I just noticed that you said you used a damp brush to apply eye color. Any reason to use the damp brush vs. a dry brush?
Awww thank you Didi! I really love it because it's one of the few mascaras that I can forget about all day--don't have to worry about smudging, flaking, or anything else. Once on it'll stay put until you wash it off with warm water.
I like to use a damp brush with mineral eyeshadows because (1) you experience less fall out and it's easier to apply precisely, and more importantly (2) you get much better color intensity, plus I find that it lasts longer that way. Hope that helped!
Also, I just noticed that you said you used a damp brush to apply eye color. Any reason to use the damp brush vs. a dry brush?
i love both looks, but the sand dunes one is my favorite, and your lashes look so great! <3
Thanks Nicole! This is the Kanebo mascara I was telling you about that I now own in both black and brown :)
That first eye is beautiful. I'm a purple eyeshadow feign.
Wow I'm wondering if I can recreate with what I have already.
Thanks so much T.R.! <3
I'm sure you can recreate this look, especially if you have a good selection of purple shadows already! And it sounds like you do :)
For the inner eye I'd choose a bright medium purple with almost pink/fuchsia undertones, for the center I'd go with a deeper plummy purple, and for the outer portion of your eye any dark smoky shade will do. And of course the key is to blend blend blend!
i realy like these they both look so good!
thank you so much miss yaya! it makes me so happy to hear that people are liking these, as i wasn't really 100% about posting them.
i have such sweet readers! :)
I really like the first look! And I'm amazed at how fast you can finish these looks and still get a nice shape... wow. Lend me some skillz! :)
thanks dreezy! with my habitual lateness i've perfected the skill of throwing my makeup on in a minute or less!
aww thanks jen! that means a lot.
always happy to oblige kasumi! i do my best to fulfill my reader requests, even if sometimes it's a few months later LOL =D
Post a Comment