ABS has moved!
Please visit me at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com - look forward to seeing you there!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)

New at MAC: Dazzle Lash Mascara

Photobucket
MAC Dazzle Lash Mascara ($12)
A mascara that instantly creates a starburst dazzle effect. The trick lies in a new compact-sized, slightly sculpted brush applicator that singles out and pushes lashes to go bigger, bolder, longer, with a plush, glamorous curve. A rich application that delivers what you want: dazzling long lashes.

So this brush doesn't actually look all that special to me, "starburst" effect or not, but we all know I can't resist a new mascara! And at $12 this is looking ridiculously affordable after all of the Sephora F&F shopping I've been doing tonight.
.

 

20 comments:

Anastasia said on November 6, 2008 at 9:21 AM

I get tempted by cheap MAC just because it's MAC and it's cheap. When the MUA offered me my foundation pump, I was like "How much is it? Is it worth it?" and he's all "It's two fifty, honey" so I said I'd buy it simply for the fact that hey, it's MAC and it's under a fiver!

Anastasia said on November 6, 2008 at 9:21 AM

Oh, but seriously, YOU HAVE TOO MANY MASCARAS.

*Jen* said on November 6, 2008 at 9:37 AM

AnaI'm always sucked in by the allure of cheap MAC!! There's just no way to resist it.

*Jen* said on November 6, 2008 at 9:37 AM

I know Ana I need help!!!

Anonymous said on November 6, 2008 at 10:33 AM

I'm not too big on MAC mascaras, I think I tried one a while back and it was BAD....but hey if you like this I'll def. check it out! ;)

*Jen* said on November 6, 2008 at 10:36 AM

Aleksis I didn't really like the one MAC mascara I've tried either. I'll be reviewing it at some point but just haven't gotten around to it since I don't really use it.

However I'm always intrigued by the descriptions--they manage to make them sound so fabulous!

Anonymous said on November 6, 2008 at 10:56 AM

I am kind of disappointed about this mascara. When I heard the name Dazzle Lash, I was hoping it would be a mascara with sparkles for the holidays. I might try it at the counter, but it would have to do some pretty amazing stuff to my lashes for me to buy it.
I've used Zoom Lash and Plush Lash. I tried Mascara X at the counter. Mascara X made my eye itch. I love Plush Lash. Zoom Lash is okay, I guess. It gives decent length and volume, but it has a plain old brush that doesn't do such a good job separating. A lot of my lashes looked stuck together. I never get that with Plush Lash.

*Jen* said on November 6, 2008 at 10:59 AM

Deb when I saw the name of this mascara I immediately thought of the Armani sparkling top coat that I'd recently posted about. I was so excited thinking MAC would be bringing us a more affordable version, but alas it wasn't so!!

Plush Lash seems to get a lot of love, but I just couldn't get it to work for me! I think that mostly had to do with the fact that my eyes are rather small--the brush was just too difficult for me to work with without making a HUGE mess. I did want to love it though because the brush was pretty cool! If my eyes were bigger and my lashes a little longer to begin with I feel like it could've been great.

Anonymous said on November 6, 2008 at 11:26 AM

I saw this on the site yesterday, I think. Love the price, but I'm never wow'ed by MAC mascaras, although Plushlash did come pretty close, but then I used all those other recommendations you've posted on your blog, and then I hated it, lol. I'll be waiting for your review to see what you think! BTW, did you know Bloomingdale's F&F is soon? I think next week... that's 20% off cosmetics (as per TPF), which includes MAC. :) Double check in case, but I read it in the deals & steals section. No one has mentioned an online code though.

*Jen* said on November 6, 2008 at 11:30 AM

Awww I'm sorry I spoiled your Plushlash for you!! I don't know if I'll be trying this one. I was all excited at first but from what I've found so far it doesn't sound like it's so wonderful.

I had no idea the Bloomies F&F was coming up soon. Do you know if they offer the discount to everyone like Saks does? I do have a family friend that works at Bloomies who usually gives us a card. Too bad I have no money left to shop with! =X

Anonymous said on November 6, 2008 at 11:31 AM

There's a technique to using the Plush Lash brush, but I can see how a person with smaller eyes might find it tricky. It's even a bit tricky for me if I try to get my lower lashes. The brush is huge. It looks bigger than Diorshow's brush and that's another mascara that has a big brush.

*Jen* said on November 6, 2008 at 11:34 AM

I do rather like the formula and the brush. My problem is that it ends up EVERYWHERE!! My lower eye area, upper eyelids--pretty much anywhere and everywhere I could possible get mascara. The large brush is just too much for my eyes to handle.

Anastasia said on November 6, 2008 at 11:45 AM

I can help - you can donate them all to me! =D

Ana charity! Proceeds go to making me prettiful :3

*Jen* said on November 6, 2008 at 12:47 PM

LOL!! Would my donations to the Ana charity be tax-deductible?

Anonymous said on November 6, 2008 at 1:10 PM

I don't know if they offer the sale to everyone. It seems like for online there won't be a general code like there was for Saks and Sephora, since everyone is saying you need one of the unique codes on the cards given to people by someone who works at Bloomies. :( Boo!

Anastasia said on November 6, 2008 at 1:31 PM

Probably not, but I can get you free skin/hair/nail vitamin supplements and free mixed nuts from work! =D

We just got a whole new range of cleansers and skin creams in which is quite exciting, I picked up our new cucumber cream cleanser the other day and like it, it smells just like cucumbers =x

*Jen* said on November 6, 2008 at 8:06 PM

Awww that stinks Nicole! But I think almost anything we could want form Bloomies we've already gotten from Saks or we'll be getting during Sephora F&F at least!

*Jen* said on November 6, 2008 at 8:07 PM

Ooooh Ana must be exciting!

The boyfriend LOVES mixed nuts! =P

Anastasia said on November 6, 2008 at 8:47 PM

Ah, me too! I don't eat them anymore though, or seeds, because of the fat content - walnuts are over 60% fat! That's like twice as fattening as cheese. It's all the unsaturated kind, but still! I'd rather eat chocolate >:

We sell a ton of licorice too o.O

*Jen* said on November 6, 2008 at 11:38 PM

Ana that's exactly why I try to avoid nuts. Which isn't too hard for me considering I'm not too fond of them to begin with--but they are healthy! Chocolate wins over nuts in my book any day as well!


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Your comment won't show up immediately as it must be moderated before it's published, but I promise to get to it ASAP. I appreciate each and every comment and promise to reply!

Thanks again and come back soon!