ABS has moved!
Please visit me at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com - look forward to seeing you there!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)

Yves Saint Laurent 'The Bow Collection' Holiday 2008

Check out the YSL Gift Guide here.

Photobucket
Yves Saint Laurent 'The Bow Collection' Duo Lip Colour Palette ($65)
To celebrate the 30th anniversary of YSL makeup, Yves Saint Laurent has created a genuine beauty accessory. This precious bow, inspired from the famous 'Bow' bag, reveals two exquisite textures for irresistible lips: an intense raspberry lipstick and a sparkling pink gloss infused with blue highlights to be worn alone or on top of the lipstick. Attached to the handbag, belt or key ring, it becomes the perfect fashion accessory.

While cute, this giant metal bow also looks ridiculously heavy!

Photobucket
Yves Saint Laurent Multi-Usage Makeup Palette ($90)
An elegant black velvet pouch to be used as a clutch bag to carry one’s personal things or as a luxurious makeup palette to take anywhere. The beautiful bow in black satin gives it a very fashionable allure and sophistication. This multi-usage palette contains two eye shadows in metallic blue and deep black; a pearly beige highlighter; a fuchsia pink matte lipstick; a transparent glittery lip gloss; and two applicators.

While this is pretty I'm not finding the color-scheme all too appealing. I'll be going with the Dior Holiday Palette (if I can squeeze it in) thank you very much!

Photobucket
Yves Saint Laurent 'The Bow Collection' Golden Touch for the Face ($40)
This frosted gold highlighter pen-brush delivers, in a single click, a fresh and evanescent texture with golden sparkles. Delicately blended on top of the cheekbones, the eyelids, the center of the lips or the décolleté, it beautifies your face, highlighting it with soft touches of gold.

Given the popularity of YSL's Touche Eclat which comes in the same click pen form, I'm rather intrigued by this product.

Photobucket
Yves Saint Laurent 'The Bow Collection' 4-Colour Eye Shadow ($60)
An engraved bow adorns this palette of four eye shadows which reinvent the smoky eye in golden plum and rosy grey tones. Applied altogether, these four shades offer the most sensual and irresistible look.

Photobucket
Yves Saint Laurent Holiday Set ($60)
This holiday season, Yves Saint Laurent is pleased to offer a luxurious signature YSL black tuxedo pouch filled with Radiance Essentials: Touche Éclat No. 1 (full size, 0.1 oz.), Golden Gloss No. 1 (full size, 0.2 oz.), Mini Luxurious Mascara No. 1 and Elle Eau de Parfum (0.04 oz.).

I'm loving the look of this set! The Touche Eclat alone is $40 and the Golden Gloss is $28, plus you get minis of a mascara and fragrance! Not a bad value if you happen to want both these products, and a great holiday gift set for that YSL lover in your life!

 

14 comments:

Anastasia said on October 15, 2008 at 1:43 PM

Damn, I want that set. Also, geez, that first palette is incredibly overpriced for what you get, the Dior one is much better value.

I just spent $200 on my hair so I am absolutely not allowed to buy anything ever again. >:

*Jen* said on October 15, 2008 at 1:47 PM

Anastasia that first palette is ridiculously overpriced, especially considering that I once got a YSL palette MUCH nicer than that one for free from a MA! But yes the last set is might tempting ;)

So I just popped over to you blog hoping you'd posted photos of you hair! What did you have done to it for your $200? Cut? Color? I'm sure it was well worth it and looks hot! Can't wait to hear about it =P

Anonymous said on October 15, 2008 at 2:21 PM

the "golden touch for the face" is about the only thing i'd be interested in from this collection. overall, nothing really appeals to me... which is good at this point in time. i don't need anymore temptations!

you'll definitely be much better off with the dior palette... i think it's much nicer than the YSL.

Anastasia said on October 15, 2008 at 3:26 PM

I'm so blog lazy lately.

Well actually, the reason I don't have proper (none-ugly-Ana) photos is because I got a free sample of Estée Lauder's double wear liquid foundation in Bone yesterday, and when I got home yesterday evening I took all my make-up off and started from scratch to test out the foundation.

I wanted to see how it fared overnight so I left it on (ew, I know) to see if it was still intact in the morning , and then had to leave really early for the hairdresser and couldn't get into the bathroom.

So, the reason why there's no photos is because I am STILL wearing yesterday's makeup and look like a tramp. I might cleanse and put my face on now xP

Although if you're desperate to see, there's a bad picture here http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/5507/hairyf8.jpg

For my $200 I got:

400ml Tigi Bed Head shampoo & 250ml conditioner (which is great since I always use tons more shampoo than conditioner) £9.10, £10.20 respectively
Regis Designline Root Boost volumizing foam 250ml(amazing stuff) £7.80
Regis Designline Silk Drops Repair & Shine serum 60ml £10.90
A conditioning treatment applied to my hair as well as the wash
1 permanent full-head colour and 3 other colours foiled in "fashion" streaks
A cut, plus an extra long hair fee because my hair reaches my waist (boo!) and then the finish and style and whatnot. I got 20% off it all, it would've been a lot more, so I'm really pleased. EVERY girl needs a friend who's a hairdresser.

Providing I can use the products sparingly, the $160 I spent on the colour/cut I can hopefully afford every 8 weeks.

Anonymous said on October 15, 2008 at 5:20 PM

OOooOOooo I am loving the sound of the YSL golden touch for face...is it LE? What girl can resist little speckles of gold..I like the colors MUCH better in the Dior palette as well!

*Jen* said on October 15, 2008 at 5:56 PM

nicole i had to check to make sure it was really you!

there's nothing from this list that i'm feeling like i have to have which is great since there's enough that i want at the moment.

i'm really hoping SO will decide to get me the dior palette at some point, but i don't see it happening. oh well honestly i'll be okay with out =)

*Jen* said on October 15, 2008 at 5:59 PM

LOL I'm sure you don't look like a tramp! I love the semi-sexy slept in look before it gets all nasty! And your hair looks hot, I love that there's a lighter chunk in front!

Wow you got a ton of stuff for you $200, it was well worth it! The last time I got my hair done the color alone cost my well over $200! I wanted to get a cut and color but that would've put me in the poorhouse =D.

*Jen* said on October 15, 2008 at 5:59 PM

Aleksis I'm pretty sure that yes the YSL golden touch is LE--meaning you need to go get it for yourself this instant! =)

Anastasia said on October 15, 2008 at 7:03 PM

Jennnnn. Check my blog now, I posted MUCH better pictures :3

*Jen* said on October 15, 2008 at 7:42 PM

Just got back from commenting and I've decided I'm to start stalking your blog so I can obsess over your hair/skin! Sooo jealous =X.

Anastasia said on October 16, 2008 at 5:41 AM

Lululul. You should see me RIGHT NOW. Panda eyes from impossible-to-remove mascara, horrible skin, sore throat, messed up just-slept-on hair. And I greeted the sexy postman this way wearing a totally attractive massive furry makes-me-look-like-a-polar-bear dressing gown.

Yum!

*Jen* said on October 16, 2008 at 9:53 AM

Sounds hot to me Anastasia! I happen to love the sexy diseased polar bear look! <3

Anastasia said on October 17, 2008 at 12:18 PM

You cheer me up so much XD We have to hang out when I'm across the pond, I'll teach you how to swear like a British person, and the yanks will be oblivious. (No one knows what "tosspot" means).

On topic, I'm a bow fanatic. I love bows, and they're such a fabulous design piece, I'm disappointed YSL couldn't come up with better packaging given the great theme.

*Jen* said on October 17, 2008 at 12:50 PM

At least I'm good for something! =D Ooooh I like the sounds of "tosspot"! And you know we'd go crazy with the makeup shopping =)

I happen to love bows too--all shapes, forms, and sizes, but yes the packaging on this is rather disappointing. It's all too juvenile or not dramatic enough--they could've done some amazing things with a bow theme!


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Your comment won't show up immediately as it must be moderated before it's published, but I promise to get to it ASAP. I appreciate each and every comment and promise to reply!

Thanks again and come back soon!