ABS has moved!
Please visit me at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com - look forward to seeing you there!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)

ABS's Five: The Luxury Edition

So before I start with my picks for this week's five (which admittedly are quite fabulous if I do say so myself), I just wanted to mention that I'll be doing a holiday cosmetics gift guide in early December for all price ranges, so if you see something that you feel must be included in the round-up please send the link(s) to the e-mail address to your right!

La Mer Limited-Edition The Creme de la Creme, 16.5 oz. ($1,390)
Beautifully hand-crafted and inspired by the sea, this mother-of-pearl box is home to the jewel of La Mer—a sumptuous jar of the Crème that inspired a devoted following.

Creme de La Mer runs $230 for 2 ounces, and so 16.5 oz. would cost you $1,897.50, meaning you save $507.50 with this monstrosity! While I've considered asking my mother if she'd like this, no woman should own this much La Mer! Seriously how would you go through all of this in a year? I know the SA's tell you that this will last indefinitely stored in a cool, dry place but I say rubbish! I will not be applying the same tub of cream to my face for the next 5 years!

Bobbi Brown Exclusive Deluxe Beauty Trunk ($2,000)
Hand-crafted in genuine leather, it provides a refined and luxurious way to house and display your makeup. Custom-filled with an array of Bobbi Brown makeup and treatment products.

Includes the following items:
• Platinum Deluxe Beauty Trunk
• 3 pan palette
• 6 pan palette
• Creamy Concealer Kit in Sand
• Luminous Moisturizing Foundation in Sand
• Foundation Stick in Warm Sand
• Moisturizing Cream Foundation in Warm Sand
• Extra SPF 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm in Light to Medium
• Eye Shadow in Bone
• Eye Shadow in Heather
• Eye Shadow in Mahogany
• Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow in Rose Gold
• Metallic Eye Shadow in Lavender
• Metallic Eye Shadow in Brown Stone
• Long-Wear Cream Shadow in Bellini
• Long-Wear Cream Shadow in Navajo
• Long-Wear Cream Shadow in Galaxy
• Blush in Tawny
• Blush in Pale Pink
• Bronzing Powder in Light
• Pot Rouge in Pink Raspberry
• Shimmer Brick Compact in Copper Diamond
• Lip Gloss in Buff
• Lip Gloss in Petal
• Shimmer Lip Gloss in Rose Sugar
• Shimmer Lip Glossin Pink Sugar
• Lip Color in Brown
• Lip Color in Slopes
• Lip Sheer in Rosy
• Creamy Lip Color in Pink Ballet
• Creamy Lip Color in Nectar
• Metallic Lip Color in Pretty Pink
• Metallic Lip Color in Vintage Rose
• Metallic Lip Color in Kir
• Lip Liner in Brown
• Lip Liner in Slopes
• Tinted Lip Balm in Pink Popsicle
• Tinted Lip Balm in Rose Petal
• Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Chocolate Shimmer Ink
• Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black
• No Smudge Mascara in Black
• Everything Mascara in Black
• Lash Glamour in Smoke
• Instant Long-Wear Makeup Remover
• Hydrating Eye Cream
• Overnight Cream
• Intensive Skin Supplement
• Almost Bare Fragrance
• Buffing Grains for Face
• Concealer Brush
• Blush Brush
• Face Blender Brush
• Ultra Fine Eye Liner Brush
• Eye Shader Brush
• Bronzer Brush
• Empties

While I sincerely love each and every one of you, there's just no way that I'll be doing the math on this one to tell you how much you save! Suffice it to say that if you can afford this, you don't need the savings! =)

Sisley Paris Animal-Print Vanity ($1,500)
Vanity includes:
• Sisleya Jar, 1.7 ounces
• Lyslait, 8.5 ounces
• Sisleya Eye + Lip Contour Cream
• Sisleya Daily Line Reducer, 1 ounce
• Deodorant Eau de Campagne
• Phyto-Blush Eclat N4 Duo
• Ultra Facil Mascara N1 in Black
• Complimentary full-size Hydra Global Intense Anti-Aging Hydration

I love Sisley products, but I'm not a fan of the python-printed vanity here. Still this would be a great gift for any Sisley-lover!

Ralph Lauren Limited Edition Love Eau de Parfum Amethyst ($2,200)
An extravagant floral oriental Parfum—an exquisite fragrance of warm golden Amber, creamy sandalwood, Orris Root Butter, and its signature the Bulgarian rose, the iconic symbol of love. The precious fragrance is captured in an exquisite heart-shaped bottle that bears the etched Ralph Lauren signature. The 24 karat, hand-painted gold cap is topped with a one-of-a-kind amethyst—these gems have been individually selected from the most prestigious mines in the North of Brazil. The finishing touch is a lucite stand that cradles the bottle while casting a glow, giving the impression that the heart is suspended in air.

I've never actually smelled this fragrance, nor am I particularly inclined to as the notes don't really appeal to me, but the bottle sounds so deliciously decadent!

His & Hers: Life-Size Replica in LEGO® Bricks ($60,000)
Acclaimed artist Nathan Sawaya is obsessed with LEGO® bricks. Uh, trust us, he is. He fills his New York studio with more than 1.5 million of the interlocking toy building blocks, and he can sculpt anything out of them — a full-size Tyrannosaurus Rex skeleton or a 7-foot-long scale replica of the Brooklyn Bridge, for example. Given the skill and depth of his devotion to his art, it makes perfect sense to immortalize your own magnificent self with our 2008 His & Hers gifts. Send in detailed photos and measurements, then Nathan gets to snapping and BOOM! One-of-a-kind, life-size sculptures of yourselves in LEGO bricks. We priced our exclusive gift individually, so Nathan can "brickalize" you and the S.O., the kids, Granny and/or anyone else you obsess about. (Just make sure you have the rights to their likenesses; we're not here to judge.)

Okay so this isn't a beauty item, but c'mon how could I resist? I know somebody is just dying to get this for me! I mean really, who doesn't think a LEGO replica of you and the SO is worth $60,000? I know Chloe wants one of herself to gnaw at!

 

18 comments:

Anonymous said on October 15, 2008 at 2:19 PM

omg! LOL @ the life-size legos. i have to send that to my boyfriend, lol.

i noticed the huge creme de la mer the other day while browsing saks... wow! i would never buy that much la mer at once... i'd much rather buy 2 oz. at a time. i don't believe that it will last indefinitely, and even it does, i don't want it!

the bobbi brown deluxe beauty trunk is gorgeous! although i love bobbi brown, that's just overload for me.

i don't like the python sisley case either... i think they could've done a better job. :/ i'm just not a fan of animal prints.

Connie De Alwis said on October 15, 2008 at 2:58 PM

the creme de la mer mother of pearl box looks scrumptious! and the bobbi brown beauty trunk *drools*

Anonymous said on October 15, 2008 at 5:10 PM

OMG, that Bobbi Brown trunk is to die for! I also would kill to have that RL perfume...I LOVE amber and rose!!....Not sure what the other notes smell like, but judging from other RL perfumes it probably just smells 'okay'...I could just dump out the perfume and put my Hanae Hori in it :P I completely agree with you on the La Mer there's no way 1 person or even 2 could use this in a year...kind of icky when you think about it...But holy moly do you save a fortune! I <3 the mother of pearl box it comes in! I think all in all I could never spend so much money on ONE product, I just love TOO many brands and my x-mas/bday wishlist is filling up way too fast!

*Jen* said on October 15, 2008 at 5:51 PM

nicole you know you want giant LEGO versions of you and your boyfriend! i LOVE legos! i want a giant one of chloe and then a mini one of SO that she can pretend to maul =P

my mother said she'd rather buy 2 oz at a time too! it's just too much and the worry over whether it's still good or whether it needs to be thrown out is just unnecessary. yes it's a luxury but kind of a silly one unless you have 3-4 women in your household that all use la mer regularly.

yes it's a TON of bobbi brown! too much for me.

i'm not a fan of animal prints unless they're on a CL shoe. his leopard prints are gorgeous!

*Jen* said on October 15, 2008 at 5:51 PM

connie i kind of want the la mer just for the box, it really is gorgeous!

and if someone were to give me the bobbi brown as a christmas gift i certainly wouldn't object ;)

*Jen* said on October 15, 2008 at 5:53 PM

Aleksis the only product on this list i would even considering purchasing is the La Mer, and that's a no because I don't have enough people to share it with. It's just too much!

The RL perfume bottle is so opulent and beautiful but just soo expensive!

I can barely afford the items on my Christmas list and they're not even three figures, much less four!

Anastasia said on October 15, 2008 at 7:05 PM

I don't even want to think about how much I want that Bobbi Brown set.

If I had $2000, I'd get an AWESOME gaming PC with a quad-core processor and a massive TFT monitor, though. I couldn't spend that much on makeup, huge amounts of money must be spent on tech.

And I won't buy you lifesize Legos (I have Lego earrings ;D) but I can always give you free art for Christmas? xP

*Jen* said on October 15, 2008 at 7:50 PM

LOL Anastasia you and my SO would get along! He just built himself a gaming PC, with me nagging at him in the background and telling him to stop being a loser =P. I did buy him the tower though!

But I want lifesize Jen legos =(. Ooooh AND art!! I used to sit for those caricatures that they do at amusement parks for a few dollars, and they'd always draw me with a MASSIVE head (it's a little big but really there's no need to make it so huge *sob*) so thanks to that I don't like being recreated in any medium anyway. I'm not paying $60.000 to look ugly! =D

Anonymous said on October 15, 2008 at 11:30 PM

The box for the La Mer is lovely, but I can't afford 2 oz of La Mer let alone 16.5.

Speaking of caricatures, there is this machine in the mall that will draw a portrait of you that looks like it was done in pencil. DBF paid the $2 and sat while the machine drew him for laughs. The picture that came out looked like a police sketch of a criminal!

*Jen* said on October 15, 2008 at 11:40 PM

Deb the box really is beautiful but I need to remind myself that I'd probably never use it and that 16.5 ounces is just way too much!

I've seen that machine and I've always been tempted to try it! LOL at the police sketch description--I'm thinking I'll be avoiding this then.

The Giveaway Diva said on October 16, 2008 at 5:18 AM

ooo I want the La Mer boz is amazing!! I wonder if they would sell it to me seperately!! mmm and now I know what i want for christmas!! ahha the lego would be amazing! but i seriously do not know where to put it! And would they super glue it to stay in place? Because if I'm paying $60,000 I want it to last forever!!!

Anastasia said on October 16, 2008 at 5:40 AM

Haha, chariactures are really hard to do. People always ask me to do them, but I can't. You have to be able to see which features of a person you can exaggerate to make it characteristically look like them and do it all quickly.

Most of my work is photo-realism and takes me between 50-100 hours to complete each piece. I wish I could do quick cartoons <_<;

What games does your SO play? =D

*Jen* said on October 16, 2008 at 9:50 AM

Nicole I LOVE to browse NM's Christmas catalog--it's fun to lose myself in fantasy for a few minutes lol and to check out the $1 million+ gifts!

Knowing me I'd knock the Lego sculpture over and there'd be millions of little lego blocks all over the place!

*Jen* said on October 16, 2008 at 9:52 AM

Anastasia Jen no like the caricatures! I like being normal-headed Jen!

Photo-realism sounds MUCH better! And wow that's a lot of hours you're so dedicated and patient--and of course wonderfully talented!

SO's game of choice is World of Warcraft. He just started playing one other but I have no idea what it's called =P.

Anastasia said on October 17, 2008 at 12:16 PM

Haha, I love WoW. I'm more of a Ragnarok Online kinda girl personally because you get to dye your character's outfits and make hats (some of them are adorable) and I'm not into the killing-real-people deal, that's just mean. WoW is fun! You should play it with him =x

My SO and I met on a gaming server and bonded over our joint love of RO :3 He gave me a hat shaped like a puppy, and I was smitten.

*Jen* said on October 17, 2008 at 12:46 PM

I'll have to ask SO if he's ever played Ragnarok, and see what his new game is called! Ragnarok sounds like MUCH more fun than WoW--the whole dying outfits and making hats sounds like something I'd enjoy =)

And OMG that's just about the cutest thing I've ever heard! Puppy hats and love *sigh*

Anastasia said on October 17, 2008 at 3:24 PM

It was very sweet. And it was a really rare hat, too, donation only <.< I barely knew him at the time so I was very impressed.

More impressive, perhaps, since it's like, real, is before we got together (when I was dating my ex) he sent me a 20gig iPod for my birthday - even though we'd never met. He's not mega-rich, either, he works hard and wanted to make me happy on my birthday... Best guy ever :]

WoW can be quite customisable, you can't make as cute outfits as RO. You could be a hunter though and tame a tiger as a pet! :3

*Jen* said on October 17, 2008 at 11:45 PM

Ana he sounds wonderful! And OMG what a great and selfless gift! Sounds like a wonderful wonderful boyfriend.

LOL SO has this pet that i swear looks like a woman!


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Your comment won't show up immediately as it must be moderated before it's published, but I promise to get to it ASAP. I appreciate each and every comment and promise to reply!

Thanks again and come back soon!