
Dior Cristal Boreal ($80)Dress Up and dazzle for the holidays with Dior's own legendary jewel designs. The greatest star of all, this gleaming pendant necklace inspired by the "Crystale Boreale," a legendary Swarovski crystal-studded pendant designed for Christian Dior in 1955. Influenced by the ornate, corseted gowns and decorative broaches of the 18th Century Louis XVI style and inspired by the delicate light-reflecting qualities of crystal, each product in this exquisite color collection is like a tiny jewel. Featuring shades of petal pink, deep silver and a wide range of purples to create a luxurious and festive look for holiday.
I always look forward to Dior's gorgeous holiday beauty releases that come in jewelry-form, but this revered fashion house has really outdone itself for Holiday 2009 with this Dior Cristal Boreal, a stunning rendition of an 18th-century influenced piece comprised of four aurora boreas crystals and a smattering of 48 additional Swarovskis. Housed within is a crystal-effect gloss in shade Pink Crystal. This is going onto my holiday wishlist, alhtough at $80 it's probably not something I'll end up with.

19 comments:
The model looks gorgeous in that promo picture. The piece does, too. Although it's not my usual style, it's really pretty and quite sophisticated.
I'm not sure I'd want to wear a pendant that had a company's logo on it, though - especially on something so small. It'd feel like I was paying to advertise them.
Morning Ana! At least morning for me, meaning the start of another miserable day at work. Tons to do but I still plan to sneak in some blogging.
I think this is pretty but not something I'd wear around my neck. I'd love to have it to convert it into a purse charm or something though. Although that'd be one might expensive bag charm.
It really would. I'd worry it'd fall off...
And morning! It's afternoon here, which is usually when I wake up, ahaha. I've been staying up late playing Scribblenauts lately. No work for me! Since I'm over 100 miles away from University right now, I'm just doing my work via e-mail.
I agree with Ana. The logo smacked right in the middle is sort of distracting. It would have been nicer if the had put the logo on the back if they expected people to wear it. I probably wouldn't wear it though. Knowing my luck, stones would fall off of it.
Ana what is this Scribblenauts? It's sounds fun! It makes me think of Scrabble, which I absolutely love, although I'm sure they're not similar at all LOL.
Deb I'd knock this into a million walls and it'd be all banged up before I'd even owned it for a day. It is quite pretty ~ although not $80 pretty, at least for me.
This looks gorgeous but it's pricy for me too... so pretty though! It's one of those things that if I did buy, I'd never use it. I'd just stare at it. Haha.
Justine this is definitely too expensive to use LOL!
I just noticed the model's wearing Silver Purple on her nails. I want!
Scribblenauts is AWESOME Jen. It's a Nintendo DS game, where you're a little cartoon guy and you solve puzzles and complete levels by writing objects into existence.
You have a little notepad you can open in it, and you can make anything - a bomb, a shark, a black hole, a razor, a banana - and hit OK and it appears and you can position it on the screen and stuff. So say if you need to reach a platform above you you can create yourself a ladder, or make yourself some wings, or a trampoline, etc etc.
Suuuper fun.
Sounds like my kinda game Ana! I've been devoting most of my DS time to playing my NY Times Crossword Puzzle game.
I think I need to get this game for myself!
The picture looks great!! I love her makeup. And the necklace looks quite nice too but I probably won't end up getting it :\
Lisa I do too - it's definitely my kinda look. Love the shade she's wearing on her lips and her eyes look so dramatic yet not too crazy!
I hope this comes out in the UK! I don't usually splurge on things like these but that is SO beautiful that I don't think I can resist. Has it arrived in the States yet?
Jen, I know I've mentioned it before, but you gotta get an R4 card for your DS!
My brother linked me to a super cheap one (it took him like 2 seconds to find it, he's better at the internet than me :[ ) here http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.21577
Soo that's what you need! It's an empty DS cartridge, you put some firmware (like software kinda that you download) on it, put a micro SD card (I think you said you have one in your phone) in your computer, put .NDS files on it (Nintendo DS games) and then put the micro SD memory card inside the R4 empty cartridge in your DS and presto, you don't have to carry all the games around.
Rebecca I have yet to see it in person but I did see a preview shot somebody got of this so it's definitely been released somewhere! I'd love to check this one out in person.
Thanks so much for the lnk and the reminder Ana, I totally forgot about this and definitely do need it, especially if I want to check out this Scribblenauts!
Sizbelle this definitely makes a great holiday gift as it's so elegant and bejeweled!
My SO gave this to me for my 21st birthday - and I gotta say its stunning in person. He thought it was a necklace and had no idea it was a lipgloss!! The lipgloss itself is a bit hard, with epic sparkles that go everywhere, and smells a bit... funky. Not good, and not bad smell. Don't know how to place it - thats just with the pink one though. The necklace itself is beautiful!!! it comes on a really long silk necklace so you wear it under your bust... but the Dior lady i visited the other day had it shorter closer to her collar and it looked pretty (and blinded everyone around you).
I'm probably looking to finish it and then fill it up with some lipslip to carry around =D
Jannette you're a lucky girl! I would absolutely love receiving this as a gift - it's such a glittering gem of a product and absolutely stunning. I can only imagine how amazing it must look on!
Great idea filling it up with Lip Slip once it's empty too. It's way too pretty to ever just toss!
Post a Comment