ABS has moved!
Please visit me at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com - look forward to seeing you there!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)

ABS' 1000th Post Stila Loves Barbie & L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Giveaway Winner!


To keep track of the whopping 527 entries into the ABS 1000th Post Stila Loves Barbie Palette & L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara giveaway, I put together a spreadsheet, learned how to randomize in Excel, and basically decided to go the whole nine yards. It was time-consuming, tedious, and to be honest somewhat miserable, but we've got ourselves a winner!

Congrats Ana darling! You totally deserve this and I was so pleased to see your name pop up at the top of my Excel spreadsheet. I'll be in touch regarding your winnings!

 

16 comments:

Anastasia said on October 12, 2009 at 10:01 PM

AIYEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Ohmygod! I saw this post title pop up on my desktop from the RSS feed I have there for you, and thought "Oh, I'll check it later, I won't have won".

EEEEEeeeeeeeeek! I can't believe it, and my entry looks so tiny next to everyone else x] *Jumps for joy*

You made my whole moooontttth <3

. : * justine * : . said on October 12, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Congrats to Ana!! I think you will love the palette, it's gorgeous!

That excel sheet looks so impressive *_*. What do the numbers mean? And is it sad that I'm excited I can see my name there? Because I am, haha.

T.R. said on October 12, 2009 at 11:21 PM

YIPPPPPEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ana you so deserve it and right now I think a little present from the states will do you good. Awww I was number 8. LOL I'm glad to know even in random time I'm still in the top 10. :O)

plue said on October 13, 2009 at 12:39 AM

woot! congratulations ana!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on October 13, 2009 at 7:36 AM

Ana this is giveaway win #2 for you! The Excel spreadsheet was such a pain in my butt (you know how technologically illiterate I am) but now that I've done it once I've got it down and will definitely be going that route again. It's so convenient to have Excel randomize and select a winner for me!

I actually ran it once, and then ran it a second time just out of curiosity and your name came out on top yet again!

Congrats girlie - you definitely deserve some good coming your way!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on October 13, 2009 at 7:37 AM

Justine I hope she enjoys it! It really is pretty :).

LOL Justine. So I entered this randomizing function in the B column that inserts random values next to each name. You then have Excel select a number at random I think and then I just pick the name that comes out on top.

I'd be excited by that kinda thing too =P.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on October 13, 2009 at 7:38 AM

T.R. she totally does deserve it - I was so happy to see her name pop up on top!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on October 13, 2009 at 7:39 AM

Thanks for joining in the congrats Plue! And of course thank you for taking the time to enter my giveaway! :)

Anastasia said on October 13, 2009 at 2:10 PM

*Still jumping happily, a day later*

Haha, I've told pretty much EVERYONE I know I won, even if they don't understand the significance and awesomeness of the prize.

Weirdly, I bought the prize for my next giveaway yesterday!

gio said on October 13, 2009 at 3:01 PM

Yay!! Congrats Ana, I'm so happy for you. You totally deserve it!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on October 13, 2009 at 3:10 PM

Awww Ana you know it makes me happy to hear that!

Ooooh what'd you get? Tell me tell me!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on October 13, 2009 at 3:10 PM

Gio she totally does with all she's been through these past few weeks. So happy she won!

~Lisa said on October 13, 2009 at 4:59 PM

Congratulations Ana! Hope you'll enjoy the lovely prizes!! =D

Can't wait for your next giveaway, Jen!!

LOL, I have a question. Why is my name up there a million times? Are there other Lisas too or are they separate entries for the same person?

Anastasia said on October 13, 2009 at 5:14 PM

But but it's not revealed yet! It's not as good as your giveaway, but it's something I really like.

I'll post the giveaway of it up as soon as I've done the review >_>;

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on October 13, 2009 at 6:34 PM

Lisa the repeat names are separate entries for the same person. Every comment left constituted one entry, plus the retweets on Twitter, so I entered a new entry for each one.

Since you were kind enough to comment often on the blog, you had more entries (hence more of a probability of winning) and that's why your name shows up more often. Hope that makes sense!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on October 13, 2009 at 6:35 PM

Ana are you keeping secrets from your beloved Jen? The betrayal!

LOL I can't wait to see it! I'm planning my next giveaway - I'm thinking something Jill Stuart maybe. We'll see what my public demands! =P


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Your comment won't show up immediately as it must be moderated before it's published, but I promise to get to it ASAP. I appreciate each and every comment and promise to reply!

Thanks again and come back soon!