ABS has moved!
Please visit me at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com - look forward to seeing you there!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)

A Little Update from Jenland


So for the past week or so I've been immersed in the all-consuming, energy-zapping blackhole that is work ~ I've been pulled so far in that really I can't seem to find my way out. The harder I work, the more hours that I put in, the more the papers seem to stack up around me. Finish one thing? Here's ten more to take their place! You have time to take a lunch break? Not anymore!

Which is my roundabout way of telling you that while I currently have a million things I'm dying to tell you about, I seriously just can't find the time to do it. But I promise you that once this appellate brief that's been dogging my existence is complete (and it will get done!) I'll be all yours and you'll be seeing more of me than you ever wanted!

Okay I will confess that I just squandered a valuable half hour of brief-writing time this morning checking out this outrageously funny blog Kathrina linked me to called Stuff Korean Moms Like. I read this bit:

"Does your backyard look like a scene from Jurassic Park? Do plants that look suspiciously like giant mutant weeds mysteriously make it onto the dinner table? Is your Korean Mom prouder of the achievements of the giant ass peppers growing in the window sill than she is of your law degree?"

and quite literally burst out into crazed, insane laughter that would have made people question my sanity had anyone else been here at 8 am. Okay enough blabbering - back to slaving away!

 

18 comments:

- said on October 12, 2009 at 12:22 PM

I subscribed to the blog!

~Lisa said on October 12, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Oh, good luck with your work! Hope it will be all better very soon. And that was a funny blog!! My grandparents are quite proud of their vegetables in the front and back yard =.=

Unknown said on October 12, 2009 at 2:38 PM

poor you! keep working! and e free of stupid workloads fast! *prays*

and thank for the link! it's an awesome log! Th post about the punishment is fabulous. I only know it from kdramas and I thought Korean moms' behaviour was funny, but this just opened my eyes. I have pretty different ideas about tolerating punishment, so I'd rather not share it. All I say is GOTOHELL!
ah, but why am I telling all this to you? o.O" Sorry! And I'm babbling a lot too =D
sorry! *runs away*

T.R. said on October 12, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Jen, you focus on your brief and we'll still be here. Trust I understand. The outside world does not stop for the world of blogging. I feel your pain. :O)

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on October 12, 2009 at 9:09 PM

hey kiu!

awww so glad to hear it! what have you been up to?

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on October 12, 2009 at 9:09 PM

Lisa I'm still not anywhere near done unfortunately.

Isn't the blog hilarious? It's a large part of the reason that my work isn't done =X.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on October 12, 2009 at 9:10 PM

Mary I'll definitely try! I was really hoping to finish today.

For Korean kids reading the blog it's just so ridiculously funny because it's just so true. Insane but true LOL!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on October 12, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Talia I'm attempting to work from home right now but I'm falling asleep and my bed upstairs is calling to me. I'm struggling to stay awake!

. : * justine * : . said on October 12, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Hope your workload passes quickly! I sometimes don't see my sister for what feels like weeks because she's busy with various cases, so in lieu of being able to help, I hope you rest well when you can and stay healthy!!

Sometimes you need to take the mental breaks! Hopefully it refreshed you enough to go back to work!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on October 13, 2009 at 7:41 AM

Justine your poor sister! I hate how sometimes these cases completely consume us and take over our lives. I eat, sleep and breathe this case lately. I've been quite literally dreaming about it!

Cat said on October 13, 2009 at 10:29 AM

that blog is amazing!!! i was laughing so hard that I was on the verge of tears! i sent the blog to elise and janet... i thought they might appreciate it...
and other web news.. have you ever checked out awkwardfamilyphotos.com?

miss you dear!

Didi said on October 13, 2009 at 12:25 PM

LOL - that was a funny blog! I love the pic of the korean mom!

gio said on October 13, 2009 at 2:59 PM

Poor you! Good luck with your work, hope you finish it soon.

What a funny blog!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on October 13, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Hey Cathy! I had absolutely no idea you had a blog of your own - why haven't you updated? Get to it girlie!

Yes that blog is absolutely hilarious, I love it! Although now I'm sad that I've finished reading every post.

I hadn't seen awkwardfamilyphotos before but had a quick look around this morning and it looks like another one of those sites that will make me burst into random laughter while sitting at my desk.

Miss you too! Come visit!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on October 13, 2009 at 3:23 PM

Didi I seriously just about peed myself reading that yesterday. Didn't help that my boss was hovering behind me!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on October 13, 2009 at 3:36 PM

Thanks Gio! I have a final deadline of tomorrow morning so I plan to be slaving away all night.

Anastasia said on October 13, 2009 at 5:15 PM

"appellate brief" - coolest thing I've heard all day.

You know I'll still be here, stalking your every move, when you're back <3

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on October 13, 2009 at 6:32 PM

Ana you're welcome to it! It's seriously the never-ending brief from hell. Honestly it wouldn't be so bad if I could actually find the time to work on it, but one of the other partners absolutely LOVES to give me random crap work to do when he can see that I'm insanely swamped working on this thing.

May be working all night though as the partner pretty much told me his patience has run its course and he wants to look at it tomorrow.

I'm hoping it'll be brilliant though!


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Your comment won't show up immediately as it must be moderated before it's published, but I promise to get to it ASAP. I appreciate each and every comment and promise to reply!

Thanks again and come back soon!