
Launching soon at QVC is Smashbox's Halo Eyeshadow Hydrating Eye Shadow w/Brushes 3 & 10 (with an advance order price of $39.54, a regular QVC price of $46, and a retail value of $91). Thanks to reader Jen for turning me onto this very cool new product!
Smashbox introduces Halo Hydrating Eye Shadow Duos. These innovative shadows are perfectly coordinated & wearable duos include a base& lid shade to create beautiful, natural eye looks effortlessly. Choose: SOFT PEACH/COCOA (soft/warm brown) PEWTER/SMOKE (platinum/deep slate), BISQUE/ALMOND (warm beige/soft nude) PETAL/PLUM (soft pink/heather). Receive:(1)HALO HYDRATING PERFECTING DUO, .15 oz., BLENDING BRUSH #3, CREASE BRUSH #10.


These shadows are a spin on Smashbox's Halo Hydrating face powder which in turn is similar to the YSL Semi-Loose Powder that I own (see how the shaver works in my review HERE). I'm loving that Smashbox has decided to extend this concept to eyeshadows, but my two concerns are (1) that it may be pretty messy/cumbersome to use, and (2) that the colors will be really sheer. None of the shades are really calling my name either as they're all pretty basic/boring, but if I were to go with anything I'd choose petal/plum I think, although the pewter/smoke sounds nice too.
Are you a fan of Smashbox's Halo Hydrating powder? Excited for these?
Are you a fan of Smashbox's Halo Hydrating powder? Excited for these?

12 comments:
I mean, they look cool, and yay for brushes, but essentially the colour combinations are thus:
Brown/brown
Grey/grey
Brown/brown
Pink/purplypink
How's about some primary or secondary colours, Smashbox? (Yes, purple is secondary, but purpleypink is tertiary) Ok ok, colour theory post is coming.
The colors look and sound sort of blah, and the package looks like it would be a mess. I can visualize powder eye shadow going everywhere.
Ana the color combos are definitely really basic and boring - I am interested in that blender brush though!
Deb I was hoping for some unique/exciting color combos, but I guess they're trying to appeal to people who aren't really into color and need basics.
I get the feeling this might be messy too.
They look kind of dull but what do I know. I think I'm going to have to go on a makeup diet. Okay except for two of the upcoming MAC collections. I'm hearing REALLY good things about the MAC Artist Collection or whatever it's called that comes out next week. Some places (i.e. Atlanta) already had their pre-release event. Unfortunately out here they are launching on the exact date.
Bummer :O(
I'm also waiting on that Black Collection. That black lipstick is definitely mine. :O)
I WANT! Wonder if this would be good for min. fine lines??
T.R. I'll have to see if any of the MAC's by me had a pre-launch, I want to check out this collection!
Black lipstick intimidates me a little!
Aleksis I do really like the idea of a hydrating eyeshadow. I wonder how well it hydrates too!
Let me know Jen, so far so good.
will do T.R.! :)
i am so excited! i love the halo face powder
Deanybenz I saw them applying this on the model on QVC and now I'm back to wanting it again!
Post a Comment