ABS has moved!
Please visit me at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com - look forward to seeing you there!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)

ABS Wants: Clarisonic Mia® Limited Edition Skin Cleansing System

Clarisonic Mia® Limited Edition Skin Cleansing System ($149)
From the creators of the Sonicare® toothbrush comes the Clarisonic® Mia Limited Edition Skin Cleansing System, featuring the handy to-go sized version of the original, groundbreaking Clarisonic Brush. Sonic technology first changed the way we clean our teeth, now it's changing how we cleanse our skin. The sonic frequency moves Clarisonic's soft, gentle brush back and forth at more than 300 times per second, thoroughly clearing pores and skin surface.

This set contains:
Clarisonic Mia Handle; Compact international pLink™ charger; Sensitive Brush Head; Normal Brush Head; 1.0 oz Gentle Hydro Cleanser; White mesh travel bag

While I love my Clarisonic, I've always wished that it was just a little bit more portable. The brush head itself is pretty decent travel with and it does hold a charge for a good amount of time, but for long trips I've found myself needing the charging base and that's just more cumbersome than I'd like. Which is why I'm so excited to see that Clarisonic has decided to bring us this travel-sized Clarisonic (which is available in pink, yay! and white for those of you who aren't into pink).

Another thing I'm liking about this is that if you don't already own a Clarisonic, this may be a more affordable alternative - I don't know about you, but $50 seems like a pretty decent price differential to me! All in all I'm pretty tempted to give it a shot, although I don't see this fitting into my budget anytime soon. What do you think? Do you plan to give the Clarisonic Mia a shot?

 

18 comments:

T.R. said on August 31, 2009 at 10:34 AM

Hmmmm, very tempting. I would definitely want this one. Especially after what you just said about traveling with it.

BTW Jen, remember that little surprise I told you about. Now again, it's not anything extraordinary but here it is. TADA....LOL

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on August 31, 2009 at 10:38 AM

T.R. I think this is a nice option for people who don't have the Clarisonic already. The base is nice to have the Clarisonic on for drying purposes, but I find it more of a space-eater than anything else.

LOL T.R. you'll have to bear with me - I've had a sleep-deprived weekend and a difficult morning and my brain isn't all here yet. I think the surprise is your adorable doggy photo though? If so I love it! Nothing makes me happier than looking at cute dogs <3.

T.R. said on August 31, 2009 at 11:20 AM

I agree. I'm curious, so does that mean the device itself is the same size as the "regular" one and the only real difference is the charger?

Way to go counselor and for someone who is sleep deprived and off to a slow morning....lol which I get trust.

I finally got a digital camera!!! I'm still trying to learn how to use it. As you can see the pic of Zoe is extremely dark. That's a great pic of her but alas no flash so you can barely see her. The camera records video's too. I thought you'd get a kick out of it since I'm probably the last person on earth to get a digital camera. I'm coming into modern technology. :O)

But I still won't join twitter. LOL something about it gives me a Stepford Wives vibe. :O)

Anastasia said on August 31, 2009 at 11:25 AM

NO. NO Jen. Do you hear me? NO. You already have ONE Clarisonic. You are NOT spending $150 on a slightly smaller one!

I will kick you in your shins!

How big can the base possibly be? And what will you do with your existing Clarisonic?

Think of all the other things $150 could buy you, which you don't already have almost-identical versions of!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on August 31, 2009 at 11:27 AM

T.R. it does look more petite to me, but I'm thinking maybe the brushheads are still the same size? Since it wouldn't really make sense for them to have two different sizees.

Zoe is soooo cute! Congrats on the digital camera, I hope that it get tons of use out of it. LOL my friends tease me for being not so technology-friendly myself. I'm still shocked that I was able to get the blog together, and most of my camera's capabilities are completely beyond me, which is why I probably won't be upgrading anytime soon.

LOL T.R. Twitter is addictive, you're smart to stay away!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on August 31, 2009 at 11:29 AM

LOL Ana but you're too sick to have the energy to kick me in the shins! I shall run away! =D

I hope that you're somewhere near a bed relaxing and staying hydrated. We can't have you being sick!

But Ana - the pink Clarisonic calls to me =X. You know I have no common sense!

Anastasia said on August 31, 2009 at 11:33 AM

I ALWAYS retain enough energy for a good shin-kicking. I have a kicking-sense-into-Jen reserve.

Not so much for the chasing, though. Come back here, you.

Electronics companies have the decency to, when they bring out a smaller, colourful version of the same model, offer to exchange your existing one for the new one with a little cash. I wish make-up companies did this, too. Seriously, what will you do with your existing Clarisonic?

If you can find a good use for it, like eBay or your mother, then I will forgive you.

And I'm...somewhat near a bed. Bed is about 4 meters away. I am at desk, on chair. Brushing hair and getting ready to stumble to the corner shop for supplies. I only have Pepsi in to drink (I will not drink water) which is obviously the opposite of staying hydrated, so I need to buy juuuuuuuuuice.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on August 31, 2009 at 11:51 AM

LOL Ana okay okay I promise to try to behave myself! I wouldn't want you to deplete your energy reserve on me!

So I won't be in for a good shin-kicking if I give my Clarisonic to my mother then? Hmmmmmm...

Yes go get yourself some juice! Or better yet, have it delivered! =D

Anastasia said on August 31, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Doesn't there so need to be a service which will deliver soup, throat lozenges, tissues, juice etc when you're sick? I don't want takeaway pizza, I want takeaway chicken soup!

There's nothing like that here, but there should be.

Alexandra said on August 31, 2009 at 2:22 PM

$50??? I am so on this! Thanks for posting Jen!

Xo

Alexandra said on August 31, 2009 at 2:24 PM

LOL I just realized you said a $50 difference...whoopsies...that's still a lot better than $200!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on August 31, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Ana that's such a good idea! I know that some supermarkets around here deliver to your home - sounds like none of the ones around you do?

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on August 31, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Aleksis it's $150, but the price difference between this one and the original is $50. Still a decent value!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on August 31, 2009 at 2:25 PM

LOL yes it is Aleksis!

Anastasia said on August 31, 2009 at 2:33 PM

The supermarket here, will, but it costs about $10 for delivery and will take about 2 days or more. I'm sick *now*!

Unknown said on September 1, 2009 at 9:37 AM

A blogger i know (not a subscriber of yours) owns this and she doesn't like it...said it didn't do anything for her skin. She was so angry. I don't know about others....maybe it works and she was that one exception...?

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 1, 2009 at 3:44 PM

Ana 2 days?! That's pretty ridiculous - who grocery shops 2 days ahead of time?

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 1, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Awww that's too bad Mary! I do love my Clarisonic although it definitely requires a significant monetary and time commitment. It's not a must have though in my opinion, just a nice something extra to own.


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Your comment won't show up immediately as it must be moderated before it's published, but I promise to get to it ASAP. I appreciate each and every comment and promise to reply!

Thanks again and come back soon!