
Happy Saturday everyone! I'm sorry that I don't have better photos to share with you from the opening of Sephora's new 5 Times Square location, but Sephoras tend not to allow photography in-store and I like to respect that policy. But well a Sephora is a Sephora - this one just happened to have TEMPTU airbrushing stations and a great Illamasqua display (w/ fab British makeup artists) inside!
To be honest I was a little shocked by how small this one looked from the outside, but like my favorite television Dr.'s telephone booth, this is actually lot bigger on the inside than it might appear from the outside (I hope some of you get this reference LOL!).
In the photo above you can check out the itty bitty sliver of a building that is Ssephora. So inside there were of course makeovers galore going on. I myself stopped by the Temptu station (you can see a tiny portion of it if you enlarge the photo below) to check out this new gadget and to have my foundation and blush airbrushed on, and I'm so glad I did. The weather was disgustingly humid yesterday so having a cool breeze of foundation misted across my face was just so incredibly refreshing.
I then stopped by the Illamasqua counter and had this gorgeous artist (almost named Jennifer) try out some of their eyeshadows, glosses, liner, and brow cake on me. Needless to say I left looking much better than I had going in! Sadly yesterday was a ridiculously hectic day at work for me and I had no time to take makeup shots =X.
All in all I had fun even though I didn't get to pick up the grand-opening silver tote that you got with the purchase of any item. There were quite literally at least 60-70 people in line in front of me and I had lunch reservations that I was already late for so I had to run. I did pick up the mini Sephora fan you can see the woman in the photo above holding - they were handing them out on the street!
AND, best of all, inspired by my little day of makeovers at the new 5 Times Square Square location, I placed a MASSIVE Sephora order last night full of goodies I just know you're all going to love hearing about. And here it is!
- TEMPTU TEMPTU® AIRbrush Makeup System - TEMPTU® AIRbrush Makeup System
- TEMPTU AIR pod™ Foundation - 003 Warm Ivory
- TEMPTU AIR pod™ Blush - 403 Washed Rose
- TEMPTU AIR pod™ Highlighter - 301 Champagne
- Illamasqua Nail Varnish - Lament
- Illamasqua Intense Lipgoss - Indulge
- Lancome HYPNÔSE DRAMA Instant Full Body Volume Mascara - Excessive Black
- Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion - Brightening
- Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes Effet Extension - 1 Extension Black
- Urban Decay Liquid Liner - Smog
I can't wait to receive everything on this list so that I can review it or you!

28 comments:
Gosh that sounds exciting! How did the airbrushed foundation look on you? It must've been great or you wouldn't have bought it...
What about the Illamasqua stuff? I'm thinking about getting the brow cake after seeing it in a video they did, because my MAC brow powder is too sheer to actually draw in extra bits etc. If I forgive them, of course.
I'm happy you got that UD liner as well, I've seen some lovely EOTDs where people have used liquid smog all over the slid as a base and then used other colours over it and it gives them a dark, metallicy finish.
Can't wait to see everytthhiinggggggg.
Great haul! Can't wait to see pics of everything. I see you picked up the Illamasqua nail polish. What were your impressions of the other items in the collection?
Gotta admit... a LITTLE jealous about the haul! lol But I cannot wait to hear your thoughts on the airbrush system and that mascara sounds to die for! (let's hope it is lol)
Sephora stores look amazing! It's a pity you didn't have more time to play around a bit, I would've gone crazy...the typical kid in a candy store. Great order you placed, I hope they work out for you and can't wait for reviews! Have a nice weekend, Jen! :)
woo.... cannot wait for the review for the airbrush system. looks interesting. I will check this sephora out next time i am in town!
Oh man, your post has me so excited! Is the Excessive Black a new color? I lovelovelove the Hypnose mascara.
I was back and forth on Lament but ended up going with Loella and Fern from Illamasqua, although I love pretty much all of the colors (I really want Milf when it comes back in stock).
I can't wait to see all of the goodies you got.. Pancea81 has a video tour of the new Sephora on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnFfZSwPCfU) and it looks amazing inside. I love the way they set up all of the perfumes!
You're so lucky!! And yes, I was drooling over the items you ordered. :) Please, please tell us your thoughts on Illamasqua stuff! Dying to know! :)
Sunny
Sounds fun, but I think you meant it is actually a lot bigger on the inside than it might appear from the outside. I am a fan of the Doctor as well!
Jen, Jen Jen who knew you were a Dr. you know who fan. :O) Since I got rid of my cable I have not be able to see the new episodes they premiered a few weeks back which are the last for Dr. no. 11. And of course next year is the new Dr. Now I'm really debating whether to get my Directv back....LOL. I like the other show set in Cardiff with the gorgeous american who just can't seem to die no matter how hard people have tried. :O)
Thanks for the review. A couple of people on youtube went to the Lauren Luke event the day before and took a few videos of the inside. I saw the Illamasque display. I need them to hurry and ship that out of here please. :O)
oo illamasqua! I would love to try their stuff out (waiting for it to come out on ASOS.com!) I can't wait for your reviews :D So you gave in and bought the airbrush foundation then? ;) xoxo
Ana I have to admit that it looked pretty flawless, although I can't speak for how well it wore since I sweat like a pig running from Sephora to to lunch that day. I loved how it felt going on though and the ease of it all.
The Illamasqua brow cake was nice - great pigmentation and it lasted really well. Do forgive them their products are gorgeous!
The UD liner was on special for only $8 so I couldn't resist tossing it in. I'm going to have to try it the way that you suggested, sounds interesting.
Deb I really loved seeing all of the Illamasqua stuff at Sephora. The packaging is pretty, and it's so great that everything is available in a stunning range of shades Loved the polishes of course, the eyeshadows were beautifully pigmented as were the blushes, and the glosses were gorgeous! I'm definitely going back for a sheer gloss or two. There was this baby pink one that was heaven on my lips.
LOL Aleksis don't be jealous I promise to share! I plan to purchase all sorts of shades for the Temptu so that I can use this device on all my favorite people. Like you said, this is going to be so much fun to play makeup artist with!
You would not believe how backed up I am on my mascara reviews. I have ones that have been pending for almost a year LOL!
Marce I'm really really hoping I absolutely love everything, although I know that my wallet isn't =P. I promise to review everything ASAP!
Definitely do Ariel & Ying! It's not the mammoth that I was expecting, but they've packed everything into this space, it's amazing!
Charm Candy it's a new version of the Hypnose mascara that has this cool S-shaped brush. I'm sure it's gimmicky and what-not but I"m really interested in seeing how it works out.
I'm honestly a little afraid of Lament, but from what I've seen of it on other people's nails it's gorgeous. I was heavily contemplating Loella and Milf in addition to Jan. They're pretty much all gorgeous!
Sunny definitely will be posting photo-heavy posts once everything comes in. It'll be like you're there with me!
Stephanie thanks so much for the correction I can't believe I did that! This is what I get for blogging when I'm half awake =X.
T.R. I only discovered Dr. Who a year or so ago, but I was instantly hooked. The show is awesome! Now if only I had the time to catch up on all 5,000 seasons of this LOL! I've completely lost track of what time this is on though, not that I've had much time for TV as of late.
Ooooh are you talking about Torchwood w/ Jack? Love that too!! And I've recently developed a bit of a SciFi channel addiction as well =X.
Suki I've never been that great at resisting temptation! I caved and ended up getting the TEMPTU airbrush system with all the bells and whistles (foundation, blush and highlighter pods). I'm so excited for it to arrive!
i'm so excited for your online haul to arrive! i know i've told you a million times, but i'm really looking forward to hearing all about the airbrush system once you get to use it for yourself. i'm hoping it's fabulous, and that it's somehow different/better than our sk-ii so i can justify spending on it, lol. i'm most curious about how it wears all day.
Perfect timing as always Nicole, this is the first bit of attention I've given the blog in days LOL! Things were just so hectic this weekend, and I'm so sleep-deprived right now =(.
The air pressure on the TEMPTU definitely can't compare to that of our SK-II -- after having the TEMPTU used on me, the SK-II just feels so weak. The TEMPTU has a deal so you can adjust your coverage. Oh and the $55 buys you two foundation pods which isn't too bad at all!
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay it's Monday and Jen is back :]
Ana I love being welcomed back by you on Mondays! I didn't find the time to throw together any new posts for today, but I have lots of good stuff coming this week :).
i'm feeling sleep deprived too. :( i've always felt like the sk-ii pressure was too weak... i even thought mine had issues at first, lol. i guess it's just a mental thing, but the TEMPTU already sounds better just based on that. i like the dial for adjusting coverage... nice feature! do you have an estimated date of delivery for the package yet? so excited for you to get it!
Nicole the SK-II is really nice of course, but it takes forever to get the coverage that I need and some mornings I just don't have the patience for it. I think my TEMPTU should arrive tomorrow or Thursday!
Yes indeedy Jen I was speaking about Torchwood. I accidentally started watching Dr. Who and got addicted myself. LOL and I avoided watching it the first two seasons. I tend to be anti-bandwagonish a lot. :O)
I told Ana the only thing I hate is their "seasons" are too short. Only about 9 13 episodes tops. And some of the shows only make it through 1 or 2 seasons and I'm hooked. They had this legal show called Trust. I LOVED it. Of course only one season. I'm kinda hoping that since BBCA is such a success that shows we like here they're willing to continue to make so we can enjoy them. LIKE TORCHWOOD. And bring back Miko and Owen. I MEAN IT!!!! I LOVED THEM and they were just getting it together. She's so pretty I remember her from AbFab. Saffy's friend. LOL And he's got that bad boy vibe. Okay now I'm going to have to start ordering DVD's soon. :O)
T.R. can you believe that Dr. Who is the longest-running sci-fi show in the world? It originally ran from 1963 - 1989, then was relaunched in 2005. It's seriously insane that this show has been able to span the decades the way it has!
Post a Comment