ABS has moved!
Please visit me at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com - look forward to seeing you there!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)

Fantasizing About My Own Shu Uemura Tokyo Lash Bar

So I'm sitting here at work feeling stressed and fantasizing about lashes--is that normal? It suddenly occurred to me that while I have a good number of false lashes, I don't really have any that would qualify as whimsical or just pure fun. Which then brought me to this thought: How amazing would it be to have your own Shu Uemura Tokyo Lash Bar in your powder room?

Here are my choice to start off my 'fantasy' Lash Bar:

Slant Back False Eyelashes ($20)
Flirty yet functional, this full set of dramatic lashes with alternating lengths and delicate wispy lashes adds a touch of subtlety for a voluminous and feminine finish.

Premium Velvet Feather False Eyelashes ($50)
The extra-long design of these premium, hand-crafted, soft feather lashes creates a bold, unforgettable statement reminiscent of J-Lo's mink eyelashes a la the 2001 Oscars.

Premium Velvet Feather Deep Forest False Eyelashes ($50)
Go for glamor and drama with these hand-crafted, soft feathered premium eyelashes in dark green and black. These would have looked amazing with my Wicked-inspired Halloween look.

Premium Black Gown False Eyelashes ($50)
These uniquely elegant falsies are made with black lace to cast mysterious shadows on the eyes. I know there aren't many occasions that call for lashes like these, but that doesn't stop me from wanting them!

Lucent Rainbow False Eyelashes ($27)
These multiple loops of translucent rainbow-colored wires lined next to each other are admittedly crazy and verging on unattractive, but I'd get them for the sole reason that they make me smile :).

Swirl Couture False Eyelashes ($95)
I just about fell over when I saw the price on these falsies, but then again they are from Shu's collaboration with Viktor & Rolf and I guess you're paying for the designer name. The Swirl Couture lashes come encased in a luxurious white box complete with a masquerade eye mask, blending Viktor & Rolf's artistic and conceptual approach to design with shu uemura's avante garde vision.

Mini Indigo False Eyelashes ($18)
Subtley accent your eyes with this subtlely playful mixture of indigo blue, sandy yellow and black.

Mini Star Glitz False Eyelashes ($22)
Small-sized, night sky-colored eyelashes are adorned with small stars to quite literally bring a twinkle to your eyes.


Dazzling Sapphire Diamante False Eyelashes
($25)
Black and blue eyelashes bejeweled with dark blue crystals, these lashes are classic with a twist. And much easier than attempting to glue crystals directly onto your eyes!

What lashes would you include in your own Fantasy Lash Bar? It's nice to do away with all things practical for awhile and to indulge in silliness! :)

 

18 comments:

deb said on June 8, 2009 at 12:37 PM

For some reason, the rainbow ones remind me of a gay pride parade. I can just see one of the drag queens sporting these. I am not saying this in an insulting way. I think they're really cool.
They're all really neat lashes. However, I don't wear false lashes often, and I hate to spend a lot on them. the Diamante lashes are similar to fake lashes I've seen from Ardell around Halloween. Though I am sure the Shu ones are made much better.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on June 8, 2009 at 12:42 PM

LOL Deb no worries I had a similar image floating around in my head. I don't think I'd ever wear the rainbow ones (or most of these lashes for that matter) but they're definitely fun viewing!

I'm the same way with false lashes, particularly because I'm terrible at applying them and usually can't be bothered to spend the time. I've heard that Shu lashes are amazing and they're so gorgeous in person, but since I'm not very good with the falsies I can't bring myself to purchase them. I usually go for the Revlon or Ardell ones at the drugstore, and every once in awhile will indulge in a MAC set. They really do liven up a great EOTD though!

Summer Darling said on June 8, 2009 at 2:39 PM

I love shu uemura lashes,therefore collect quite a number of them.Love your blog!!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on June 8, 2009 at 2:44 PM

awww thank you so much darlingsummer! it was such a fun exercise for me to create my own lash bar, even if i can't even afford most of these lashes LOL. you're so lucky to have so many shu lashes, they're truly works of art!

Didi said on June 8, 2009 at 3:14 PM

I've always loved the black gown lashes! They're so dramatic and fun!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on June 8, 2009 at 3:16 PM

Didi I think they'd look so cool with just the right Halloween costume! =P I'm just dying to wear them although I don't know where.

Shelly said on June 9, 2009 at 4:27 AM

WOW These are amazing!! ^^ I really like both the Premium Velvet Feather ones!!! Ohoh and the black gown.. and the rainbow... and the starry ones.. Okay, getting a bit carried away here ^^ Thanks so much Jen, I don't know why but seeing these pretty eyelashes makes me happy...! They're really stunning *_*

pankeke said on June 9, 2009 at 8:31 AM

those are all so cool~~ the black gown ones are so pretty though !! they would go good with a costume~

Unknown said on June 9, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Wow.. I've never worn false eyelashes before but still.. I don't think I would be able to pull some of them off! It's so different! But what caught my eyes were the 'Slant Back', 'Swirl Couture', and 'Dazzling Sapphire Diamante'.. probably because they look the most "normal".. I'm not THAT brave >"<

*Jen* said on June 9, 2009 at 10:28 AM

Shelly I love the look of the velvet feather ones! They're dramatic and very different, but not too crazy to wear out to a special occasion.

They do the same thing for me too! Just the array of colors and the frivolousness of it all is uplifting :)

*Jen* said on June 9, 2009 at 10:28 AM

Pankeke I can so picture them with a gorgeous, dramatic floor-length lace gown and black satin gloves.

*Jen* said on June 9, 2009 at 10:42 AM

LOL TLNHTRN the only ones i think i'd ever wear out are the slant blacks--the rest are a little out there for me, but i do love looking at them! they're definitely eye-catching :)

Miss Yaya said on June 9, 2009 at 1:16 PM

i love the lace and star lashes - super yum!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on June 9, 2009 at 1:20 PM

miss yaya i love that shu makes both standard and special occasion lashes. i mean yes they're not wearable for most people or occasions, but they're still super fun!

Anastasia said on June 9, 2009 at 2:20 PM

Wow, some of those are insane. On a flat background they look stunning, but I can't imagine many of them looking good off a catwalk. I like the first set the most, though, for a really glamorous over-the-top evening you could probably get away with those, they're sleek and dramatic.

*Jen* said on June 9, 2009 at 3:23 PM

ana i'm seriously contemplating purchasing the first pair. like you mentioned, some of the others can't possibly look good on, but i do so enjoy looking at them!

Nicole said on June 9, 2009 at 7:47 PM

i love the first pair! shu is so creative with their lashes. they are even prettier to look at in person. STILL haven't used my smoky lashes, lol. you will be the first to know once i use them. kinda wanting the first pair...

*Jen* said on June 9, 2009 at 8:19 PM

nicole i do too!

you know every time i see a set of shu falsies i think of you :)


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Your comment won't show up immediately as it must be moderated before it's published, but I promise to get to it ASAP. I appreciate each and every comment and promise to reply!

Thanks again and come back soon!