
At around midnight on Monday I decided it was time to deal with my hair. I've been dying my hair for as long as I can remember-so long that I can no longer remember what my natural hair color looks like. It's been light brown, chocolate brown, bright red, auburn, highlighted, pink streaked, and pretty much everything in between.
Thanks to layering color over color throughout the years, when the dyes fade my hair is left a dull medium brown shade with a slight orange tinge-not the most attractive look. Couple that with grown out roots and I figured the look wasn't the most work-appropriate, so decided to take matters into my own hands. And the result? I now have hair that's all one color! And yes that's a good thing for me. I dyed my hair using Feria's Black Leather:
And while it's a bit of a shock for me to see myself in the mirror, I'm kinda loving it. The color really has nice depth to it and my skin and eye makeup really seem to pop against the dark backdrop. But my eyebrows have always been really light and nearly invisible, and I've started wondering if maybe the dark dark hair (my natural color is much lighter than this) isn't overpowering them.
Which got me to thinking--Do you dye your eyebrows to match your hair color? I may go with a darker brow pencil now that my hair is significantly darker than it was before, but there's no way I'm dying my eyebrows jet black!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)
now located at http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)
Do You Match Your Brows To Your Hair?
Posted by A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) on Wednesday, June 10, 2009 at 6/10/2009 09:41:00 AM
Labels: hair

16 comments:
Heck NO! I think dying your brows depends on the color of your skin/hair and how thick your brows naturally are. I've seen it work for some people, but for others it just looks bad.
Didi I have very sparse, invisible brows and I think they'd look really odd dyed jet black LOL.
I'm a little sad because one of our paralegals told me she's not crazy about my hair :(.
I think it totally depends on your skin color, hair, etc. Claire Danes looks scary in that pic, just my opinion. I have dark eyebrows, yet my hair is a dark blonde. I lightened them up once w/ a bit of creme bleach...and honestly I think they look better natural.
mommylovesmakeup i was a little weirded out by the photo of claire danes too.
Dying your eyebrows is a recipe for disaster. I'm naturally brunette, so if I dye my hair red or something I just use a slightly more red eyebrow powder, enough to add a tint but not enough to stand out from their natural colour.
If I had naturally pale eyebrows I might do something about it, though, luckily mine are just an ordinary brown.
ana i'm having the worst day! =X
my eyebrows tend to be on the invisible side for some reason. they're really really sparse and fine and the hairs seem like they want to be translucent. great--one more thing that doesn't want to cooperate with me LOL!
Claire Danes' eyebrows look so weird in that pic. They have no "definition". Because they are so light, they don't really offer he face framing advantages of darker brows. In some ways, having them light makes them look bushy and unkempt even though they probably aren't. From a distance it doesn't even look like she has eyebrows.
I would just use the darker pencil. If you dye them black, they may look too dark. That would look weird too.
Deb her brows do look really overgrown and bushy in that photo, plus they just make her whole face look kinda off and fuzzy.
I guess I need to go pick up my Shu pencil in the darker shade. I do agree that dying my brows jet black definitely isn't the solution =P
Matching eyebrows and hair seems a bit weird for me...
I think using taupe eyeshadow should be safe enough since it's quite neutral...
I think the darker brow pencil will look nice, I wouldn't dye my eyebrows if I were you.I don't dye mine since i usually dye my hair with shades similar to my natural hair color. I have black brows, by the way, so if I stay away from blonde they look fine, hehe~~
Thanks for the suggestion Citrine! I prefer a bit of a lighter brown anyway, so black would probably be too drastic.
LOL Thepunkcat! my hair's just blacker than my brows but they're in the same color family so i think i should be set with a bit of a darker pencil :)
http://dlisted.com/node/32455
Jen! You have to watch this, its soo funny, it made me think of this post of colouring your eyebrows. This is how you NOT supposed to do it :)
Lindy
LOOOL Lindy you just made my day!! That video was HILARIOUS! :D
I would def. recommend not dyeing your brows. A good pencil or shadow usually will do the trick.
Mary I totally agree - rarely do dyed brows look good.
Post a Comment