ABS has moved!
Please visit me at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com - look forward to seeing you there!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)

Purple Gradation EOTD


It's been the longest time since I've posted an EOTD, and I've really missed doing them! So while this one isn't terribly special or even all that great, I figured I'd post it anyway. Hopefully this will be the start of a slew of fun EOTD's!

I used:

  • Pure Luxe loose shadow in Amethyst on the inner half of my eyes (swatch HERE)
  • Pure Luxe loose shadow in Grape on the outer half of my eyes (swatch HERE)
  • I then blended some MAC shadow in Swish (swatch HERE) along the outer 2/3 of my eyes to soften up the purple


It was a nice change of pace to go back to something more colorful~the conservative work looks have been getting a little monotonous. Maybe I'll sneak in a little pink tomorrow!

 

22 comments:

FrostedCouture said on April 20, 2009 at 12:21 AM

gorgeous! I love purples on brown eyes, so i'm starting to use more purple on myself.

Kasumi said on April 20, 2009 at 2:14 AM

I love the color purple on your eyes hehe!

AskMeWhats said on April 20, 2009 at 2:41 AM

purple looks so pretty :D

Nicole said on April 20, 2009 at 9:44 AM

so pretty! you should post some work EOTDs... so i can get inspired, lol.

what mascara did you use?

Nazia said on April 20, 2009 at 10:13 AM

It looks beautiful! I've been trying to get into purples, because it really compliments brown eyes! :) The Grape eyeshadow looks amazing! Very pretty look! I can't wait to see more!

Didi said on April 20, 2009 at 11:29 AM

wow! this looks really pretty!

*Jen* said on April 20, 2009 at 11:35 AM

Thanks Frosty! I'm a big fan of purples/pinks with my eyes. I'm wearing a little pink today for some color :)

*Jen* said on April 20, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Thanks Kasumi! It's one of my favorite colors, plus the Pure Luxe purples are beautiful.

*Jen* said on April 20, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Thank you Askmewhats!

*Jen* said on April 20, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Nicole I think I will! They're not particularly interesting, but working people need pretty makeup too! :)

I used the CoverGirl LashBlast Luxe in Black Platinum that Mel got me here--and I just reviewed it!

*Jen* said on April 20, 2009 at 11:37 AM

Nazia grape is an amazing shadow--ridiculously pigmented and bright and a great accent shade. You should check it out, the Pure Luxe samples are sooo generous and only $1!

*Jen* said on April 20, 2009 at 11:37 AM

thank you didi! <3

Phyrra said on April 20, 2009 at 1:10 PM

Very cute look :)

While you probably can't get away with a blazing turquoise look for your work, I bet pinks and golds would be just fine ;)

I'm extremely thankful that I can wear crazy stuff to work and no one blinks.

*Jen* said on April 20, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Thanks Phyrra!

I'm so jealous you can wear all that fun makeup to work! One of the biggest things I miss about being in school is that I can't wear whatever makeup I feel like wearing on any given day--I have to make sure that I look "professional," which in my field really doesn't give me too much leeway.

Phyrra said on April 20, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Aww, that's one reason I did software qa for so many years, and for the past 5 years, video game development. Seriously, no one blinks at anything I wear or what colors I dye my hair. It's nice in that fashion.

My parents always told me I'd have to grow up, get a job, get up early, have 'normal' hair and do 'normal' looks, so I'm quite happy to have proven them wrong.

I can totally understand about wanting to be seen as professional for your job though. I've started practicing some neutral/professional looks for those days when I have to dress up for meetings myself!

You should peek at Fyrinnae's Snow Leopard, if you haven't already. I think that would be a gorgeous color for you.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on April 20, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Phyrra sounds like you have the coolest/most fun job! And I love the colors you dye your hair. I used to go for pink streaks and stuff back when I was younger, but there's no way that would fly at my office. As it is I'm not entirely sure that my medium brownish hair is entirely accepted =X.

Thanks so much for the suggestion--I so value your mineral makeup suggestions as you're definitely the authority on that subject! I've loved all the mineral products I've tried thanks to your wonderful suggestions!

Phyrra said on April 20, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Aww thanks :)

I'm sure your hair is fine, btw!
Every office I worked in that was conservative was fine with all natural colors, and even the 'edgy' ones such as burgundy or some reds. They only really got cranky when it was unnatural colors.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on April 20, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Phyrra I do love to go for reds, but I worry about what the partners here will think as they're very very conservative! And I think I push their buttons enough with the way I dress lol.

I've been thinking about going back to my natural color anyway~my hair has been feeling pretty dry lately thanks to all that I put it through! I need to find a miraculous deep-conditioning treatment that will restore it to its former glory.

Phyrra said on April 20, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Go check out Jessicurl!
I have one of their deep conditioners and that stuff is amazing! I'm not at home atm, so I can't double check, but I believe what I use is the Weekly Deep Conditioning Treatment.
http://jessicurl.com/Products-p-1.html

It has Cocoa Butter and Shea Butter.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on April 20, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Phyrra sounds great I'll need to look into this! I had the softest, shiniest, straightest, most easily managed hair when I was younger, but all the chemicals that I've put in it over the years have completely fried it =X

Rawr said on April 20, 2009 at 11:36 PM

gorgeous!
I've been trying always do a purple look but I always fail....
it looks so pretty on you!

*Jen* said on April 21, 2009 at 9:45 AM

awww thank you michelle! i don't know if this one was entirely successful, but it was decent :).


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Your comment won't show up immediately as it must be moderated before it's published, but I promise to get to it ASAP. I appreciate each and every comment and promise to reply!

Thanks again and come back soon!