
So after the arguing, the traveling, and the aggravation, here at last is my Dior Diamond Lipstick Case! Isn't she a beauty? I absolutely love it and would have been willing to pay for it as it's extremely well constructed.
When I was growing up, my mother had this intricately beaded lipstick case that I thought was the epitome of glamor and sophistication. Watching her apply her lipstick while peering into its tiny mirror, I vowed to have a lipstick case of my very own when I was all grown up. It seems that lipstick cases have waned somewhat in popularity since that time though, as as nice ones seem to be rather hard to come by nowadays.
Seeing this Dior case renewed my lemming and I simply couldn't rest until I got my hands on it! The dimensions fit Dior's lipsticks and glosses perfectly, and the lid shuts with a satisfying snap thanks to magnets on either end. As far as freebies go, this is definitely up there amongst my favorites, although you'll have to remind me to show you my favorite freebie ever at some point--it's a serious stunner and my other freebies can't even come close.
I hope to have a review of the new Addict lipsticks for you soon, along with some MAC swatches!
I just wanted to add that as Deb mentioned, this gorgeous bejeweled lipstick case matches Dior's Night Diamond Compact which I blogged about back in September of 2008. Meaning if you have it, you definitely need the coordinating lipstick case!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)
now located at http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)
Presenting My Dior Diamond Lipstick Case =)
Posted by *Jen* on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 3/18/2009 12:15:00 AM
Labels: ABS Loves, Dior, freebies


32 comments:
Oh wow - that's really pretty... and I would totally use it. I just bought one of the Addict High Shines today too! I wish there were a Saks closer to me though... =/
oh that's an amazing case! hope it fits all dior lipsticks!
Cat I love it so much! It'll be great to have that little mirror to use for touch ups and such, plus I'll feel so glamorous pulling it out.
It does Jojoba. It's great they made a lipstick case to fit their lippies, since they tend to be rather oddly shaped and so probably wouldn't fit into conventional lipstick holders.
it looks so cute with the lipstick in it! I really really really want one too!
Didi when I saw the photo of it in the Saks/Dior flyer I was worried that it'd be cheaply made and look horribly tacky, but when I saw it in person I fell in love with it. It's so pretty!
haha I can't go to saks until tomorrow as it is 45 mins from where I live but I will def haul my butt over there to get it! I hope it hasn't run out by then >_<
I'm nervous lol.
it's so pretty I keep looking at it hehe.
kasumi i was the exact same way over the weekend--all worried that they wouldn't have the lipstick cases anymore! i'm just a huge worrier in general though =P.
these were midnight shots meaning they didn't look as good as i'd hoped--there's no natural lighting at midnight, only lots of unnatural camera flash.
That's probably one of the best freebies I've seen given away at makeup counters. Most of the time you just get some makeup in colors you don't wear or a cheapo tote bag. I end up giving that stuff away most of the time. I only kept one tote bag that I use as a beach bag.
The jeweled pattern reminds me of that compact of expensive powder they had out during the holidays.
Deb it's the Night Diamond compact that you're thinking of, and yes they match perfectly!
http://abeautyfulsentiment.blogspot.com/2008/09/my-picks-from-upcoming-holiday-releases.html
I immediately thought of that one, and on the package this is called the "Diamond Lipstick Case" so I guess it was meant to match--I wonder why they weren't released at the same time though. Now I kind of wish I had that powder so that I could match, especially since I seem to recall that it was on sale on Sephora.com some time back.
That case is soo pretty!
gio i love pretty free things!
Is this just a saks exclusive thing Jen??? UGH I don't have a Saks near me! I am so sad. I really want one of the cases dang it!
the case is absolutely gorgeous! i really wish i would've gotten one of those fliers. :( no fair! or at least if they offered this online... then i'd be happy. i'm glad you were finally able to get it though, and that you only had to purchase one lipstick! :) it all worked out in the end, and i agree that it looks so well-made... best freebie i've ever seen.
Ok it's just PRETTY. LOL I might just have to splurg.
Wow! Free?! BEST freebie everrr! haha. I have a weakness for anything that has crystals/diamonds on it...especially when it's a makeup item, because that seems to be kinda rare. :/
So shiny! I have never used a lipstick case but I would use that one.
I love the compact! I think it's refillable so it's a good investment. Think I will order it when I'm traveling so I can get it duty free!
I wonder if they will do this promotion at Holt Renfrew here? The counter is SOOO SMALL but I would shop there to get this... and I do have the Night Diamond case (which is beautiful... love to hold it!)
Socal to the best of my knowledge this is sadly a Saks only thing--which is unfortunate because I happen to hate Saks!
Nicole I'm thinking I got the card because I purchased a bunch of stuff from the Saks Dior counter during the last F&F event (for my mom). You know how I feel about Saks though, so I almost didn't go for it--and with good reason considering all the trouble they gave me!
But it was worth all the hassle since it's beautiful!
T.R. it is downright pretty! There's just no other way to put it :).
I totally agree Aleksis! I'm all for a quality freebie every now and then :)
faerbie_bel i find myself not wanting to pop in my purse though for fear that all the crystals will fall off and it'll get all scratch up =X. i need to find a cute pouch for it or something!
Miss Em great idea! I'm going to Korea soon so maybe they'll have it at duty free.
asiyakei i had absolutely no qualms about not getting the night diamond case until now...i so want to have it to match my lipstick case!
weeee! I just called the Dior counter at my Saks and they still have the lipstick holder!!!! They said they have plenty to last them a couple of days. pwahahah so happpy!
Pictures soon! :) I am grinning from ear to ear.
yay kasumi! you're going to love it i just know---can't wait to see it and of course to hear about what lipstick(s) you end up with!
I GOT IT!!! PWAHHAHAH darn saks. they really know how to get you. I ended up walking away with 2 la mer items!!!
seriously kasumi? what'd you get???
Oh my! That looks so pretty and X-tra glamorous! All eyes will turn to you when you whip out that cute little thing!
Lisa I've gotten so many compliments on it since I got it!
Post a Comment