ABS has moved!
Please visit me at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com - look forward to seeing you there!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)

ABS Wants: Slippy Lippies!

Photobucket
The Lip Slipp ($24)

The supple feel of a shimmery gold YSL calfskin bag. A bottle of Coco Chanel Mademoiselle. Your favorite camisole; soft, sweet, nude, girly and grand. The world doesn’t need another lip balm. It needs the right one. Slip into this.

Photobucket

It’s a concoction created by balm and gloss junkie Sara Happ (of The Lip Scrub fame). Happ worked with chemists for two years to achieve her goal: a product that melts into your pucker, bringing out natural color and leaving behind a glossy sheen.

The formula (whose secret ingredients are macadamia nut and jojoba oils) was tweaked more than 40 times until the consistency, texture, and wearability were absolute perfection. A balm like no other, the lip slip leaves no color, just the richest, glossiest hydration imaginable. Wear it all day. Wear it overnight. Results are immediate. We’d have it no other way.

Photobucket

It's nearly the end of February, and month two of 2009 is coming to a close. We've all been dealing with tough times, massive workloads, and inordinate amounts of stress--so why not treat yourself to a small luxury that comes beautifully package in a chic gold box? I haven't heard much about Sara Happ before, but she sounds like a woman after my own heart. Love the look and sound of this!

 

16 comments:

Anastasia said on February 27, 2009 at 7:22 PM

I'm hoping you get it and review it, but I'm certainly intrigued.

✿Ji✿ said on February 27, 2009 at 9:37 PM

the packaging is really pretty!:)

AskMeWhats said on February 27, 2009 at 10:00 PM

this looks like one luxurious balm! :) It looks great! thanks for sharing !

Anonymous said on February 28, 2009 at 3:56 AM

I ordered this! LOL

But Jen...did you see the new dazzleglass collection? I am going to die!!!!

*Jen* said on February 28, 2009 at 3:48 PM

Ana the description has me really wanting to try it, as it sounds almost sinfully wonderful!

*Jen* said on February 28, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Ji I love that it comes all packaged in a pretty, bow-tied gold box. That little extra step just makes it even cuter!

*Jen* said on February 28, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Askmewhats I seriously need to get my hands on this stuff at some point! Hopefully soon :)

*Jen* said on February 28, 2009 at 3:50 PM

Candace you HAVE to let me know what you think!! You are the queen of lippies :).

I've been meaning to post about the new dazzleglass collection--the promo image is seriously hot and they looks stunning!

Anastasia said on February 28, 2009 at 4:19 PM

I checked it on their UK website, and the slip isn't listed. Their scrubs, which are $24 on the US site, are £19.99 on the UK site, which really annoys me. Properly converted $24 should be £15-16, but they always raise the prices overseas :/

Anonymous said on March 1, 2009 at 2:30 PM

This sounds interesting. And the packaging is very pretty too.

Anonymous said on March 1, 2009 at 9:43 PM

i have to say... as soon as i read this entry in the email that came the other day with your blog updates, i instantly fell in love! the description of is like a dream come true. i have added this to my wishlist, and hope to order it soon. i just need to see how good/bad my final grades are, lol. that will determine how much damage i plan to do.

*Jen* said on March 2, 2009 at 10:24 AM

Ana I hate mark-ups! When I'm shopping for Asian products here I hate that I'm paying double or more for what should be an inexpensive drugstore item.

*Jen* said on March 2, 2009 at 10:25 AM

Gio I love the packaging!

*Jen* said on March 2, 2009 at 10:26 AM

LOL Nicole you should treat yourself either way! If things are not so great, you could definitely use a pre-packaged little treat (even though I'm positive you did great!) and if you did great, you deserve a reward!

Anonymous said on March 5, 2009 at 11:50 PM

I just received this, and the lip scrub in Vanilla today from a wonderful boutique website called A Beautiful Life. I love it! www.abeautifullife.com
They sent me a handwritten postcard saying thank you and they hope I enjoy everything. (I DO!!!!)
Ladies, this is the only lip balm that has actually functioned like a lip balm for me. It has a little bit of shimmer in it, that doesn't really make your lips shimmery...just kind of....glowy. It is not thick, but not thin textured either....it has consistency and STAYS ON. It absorbs into your lips, and is a winner for me! I think I am going to order a couple more! I may give Jason a tub to use too, since when we get to Iraq it will wreak havoc on our faces and lips.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on March 6, 2009 at 9:20 AM

Candace thanks so much for the update! Although it's also unfortunate for my wallet since now I really really really want it!

It sounds like a beautiful product. Do you mind my asking what your other favorite lip balms are just for comparison? I haven't tried many but lately my lips have been needing a little something extra.


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Your comment won't show up immediately as it must be moderated before it's published, but I promise to get to it ASAP. I appreciate each and every comment and promise to reply!

Thanks again and come back soon!