ABS has moved!
Please visit me at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com - look forward to seeing you there!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)

Canmake Cheek Gradation 3C Cheek & 1 Highlight in Shade 01 Review and Swatches

Photobucket
Canmake Cheek Gradation 3C Cheek & 1 Highlight in Shade 01

I have what I like to call "Taryn's Bag o' Magic"--it's basically a jumbo-sized Sephora drawstring bag that contains dozens and dozens of Japanese, Korean, American, and other miscellaneous products that Taryn has sent me. When I'm depressed, I open the bag, stick my hand in, feel around blindly and pull out a product--and voila, instant smile! Canmake's Cheek Gradation was pulled out when I was just having one of those days.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Cheek Gradation consists of four strips of shimmery goodness--a bright pink, a softer peachy coral pink, a milkier Barbie pink, and an iridescent white. You can swirl the top three shades together to use as blush, then use the bottom white strip separately as a highlighter, or you can do what I do and swirl all four strips together to end up with a beautiful, not too bright soft shimmery pink.

I was actually a little disappointed when I swatched the shades individually as they're neither super-pigmented nor are they all that unique or special--but swirl them all together (with any brush other than the plastic-y one that's included) and watch the magic unfold before your eyes. The almost-chalkiness of the individual shades disappears and the pink that you're left with is simply beautiful, albeit very subtle.

Photobucket
Swatches:
Top:
All 4 shades swirled together.
Bottom: Individual shades swatched from top to bottom of palette.

I love using Canmake's Cheek Gradation on those days I'm going for a more natural look, but you'll have to wait until next week to read about what's currently my favorite blush ever!

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said on January 16, 2009 at 7:52 PM

I can't wait to hear about your fave blush!!! I'd have to say it's the classic NARS orgasm and Tarte's cheek stain.
It's be fun if you did a poll of what your blogger's favorite blush is.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on January 16, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Anonymous I'll definitely keep one of those polls in mind! I just need to figure out a way to structure it so that it's not too chaotic.

I've never tried the Tarte cheek stains but they look so fun, especially the mini ones that come in the sets. I really need to get me hands on one one of these days!

Anonymous said on January 19, 2009 at 11:41 AM

oh, i love this! so pretty, and definitely my type of blush... pretty, soft pink! they shades look gorgeous all swirled together. i have an idea of what your favorite blush ever is, but i'm not quite sure. can't wait to hear all about it!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on January 19, 2009 at 6:00 PM

nicole i love the soft natural look this gives me. it's the most natural looking blush, while still being visible. very pretty!


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Your comment won't show up immediately as it must be moderated before it's published, but I promise to get to it ASAP. I appreciate each and every comment and promise to reply!

Thanks again and come back soon!