I'm on a perpetual quest to find an easy way to achieve that little frontal pouf using my bangs, and it never quite works out for me. I've tried every method known to man but the fact that my hair is baby fine means that it doesn't often cooperate with me. I've even resorted to popping a small curler underneath the poof to hold in place during the day but of course the fact that it's bright blue makes it a bit hard to hide.
Looks like what I've been needing is Big Happie Hair's Bumpits--well the mini one in particular. Don't let the somewhat outdated hairstyles featured on their site scare you away--this actually sounds like a pretty great product. It comes in a range of four shades for different hair colors:

...and may be just what I've been looking for. The Bumpits are also available via HSN but they come in a larger kit = costs more. I just may need to treat myself to this once all my holiday shopping is done! Although I do wish they sold them individually...
If you've tried this I'd love to hear your thoughts!
.
.


20 comments:
I saw these on HSN recently (while flipping through the channels, lol), and I wanted to order them so bad! I wonder if they really work though. I'd only need the mini one as well, since I've been after achieving the little front pouf thing and it never comes out quite right.
Ohhhhh I bought this and blogged about it too!!
It's really fun, genius item, no more teasing and hairspraying the life out of my poor mop. lol
takes a little getting used to wearing a lil plastic piece on top of your head though!
Kayvid: Dude! This is so awesome! I'm so happy you posted about these, I want this so bad. I have always wanted the low ponytail with a nice bump at the crown hair, but I have never been able to achieve it for more than 5 mins. also all that back combing can destroy your hair...so I really wanna try this product. I will let you know how this works out for me.
Kayvid: I wish these were available individually as well. Let me know if you wanna split an order :-)
Aha, they're like little bridges. I couldn't get over the name "bumpits" because instead of bump-its it rang to me like bum-pits, which is considerably less pleasant.
That aside, it does look like a good product, something I'd consider since I get through so much hairspray.
I didn't even know that they sell these stuff. Funny story, when I was in highschool, that time, these hair style was not well-known in Korea. so some of my friends did that kind of hair and I asked them, "what did you put inside of your hair?" and they actually put toilet tissue inside lol that made me laugh soooo hard!!
Nicole I haven't seen these on HSN yet but I did watch the clip they have up on their site. It was all a little awkward and uncomfortable!
I think I'll be testing these soon (shame on my I know but I can't help it!) so I'll definitely be posting about them!
Kimberly Tia I saw your post when I googled this and it looks great in your hair! I'm hoping these will work well for me even though my hair is considerably finer than yours.
I'm completely inept at doing my hair--I don't even know how to properly blow dry so just let it air dry.
Divya my bump never stays either! Plus I have no idea how to back comb lol. If you end up trying it please do let us know how it works out!
And I'll definitely let you know if I want to split an order. I need to google these some more but they look so promising!
Ana the name makes me think of armpits--not the more pleasant association.
I never ever ever use hairspray so I may need to invest in a can if I end up getting this.
LOL Digital Angel I can't believe they put toilet paper inside their hair! I thought I was weird for using a roller to hold up my pouf!
I recently saw these in a commercial during MTV, it was a very cheesy commercial, but I still really wanted to order them...I asked my bf if he liked that style and he said he thought it was really cute. Which very suprising since he thinks everything is "stupid" lol.
I used to have very long hair. In fact, my hair was down to my butt at its longest. I wish they had these back then. It would be so fun to add some volume to the top of an updo.
Unfortuntately circumstances happened that will prevent me from ever having that long hair. I was in a rollover car accident in 2003 and my scalp was badly torn and damaged. I have keloid scars under my hair. My hair grew back for the most part, but it was never the same. It came back thin, limp, and lifeless. I cut my hair shorter to take advantage of my natural curl to give me more volume. I miss my hair! *sob*
Sorry about the depressing story. Seriously, these are really cool. It sounds crazy, but I sort of dig those silly retro hairdos on the website! There's just something about big hair that I love.
Aleksis I wish I'd seen a commercial for these I love watching cheesy infomercial-type commercials!
If the boyfriend liked the style you know that means you need to get it!
OMG Deb that sounds absolutely horrifying! Thank goodness you're safe and well now!
I know you must miss your long hair but from what I've seen your hair currently looks really great! It has much more volume than my baby fine hair.
I'm so tempted to try these!
I bought these and am waiting for them to come in the mail! ill let ya know how it works. I hated the teasing the hair and if it messed up you gotta try to comb it out and redo it. and im not the kind to get cute hairstyles on the first try, so ill see how these work out
Sara I hope they work out for you! They definitely took some patience and practice before I could get them to look right, but now that I've got the hang of it it's a little easier. I do love the look they give me though!
Good luck and remember practice makes perfect!
I have these Bumpits! I love them. My friends mostly love them. Took me 30 minutes to get it down. Like the other lady said...now Im great at it! They are brand new. I went to the site. Its my favorite new hair thing. Sallys carries them online and is the BEST deal! 19.99 but for a 5 pc set!!! Free big one with it.
Anonymous thanks for the tip about Sally's carrying these--I had trouble finding any in store!
Post a Comment