
Tsumori Chisato for shu uemura 'Rouge Unlimited' Lipstick ($25) is, at least for me, one of those items that any serious makeup collector will feel the compulsion to own. I purchased mine sight unseen at the counter at Nordstrom as the testers were all missing and there was just one of these little darlings remaining.
While I thought the packaging was super kawaii online, it's nothing compared to the cuteness this lippie exudes in person! The 'Lucky Cat' peeking out at you from the cap, the gold star and paw prints and the overall color scheme make this Tsumori Chisato for shu uemura 'Rouge Unlimited' Lipstick in Jupiter Brown such a delight to look at and own.
More review plus and hand and lip swatches and close-ups after the jump!
This Tusmori Chisato lipstick comes in one loan shade, Jupiter Brown, and while I wasn't too into the pinky brown shade at first glance, it's actually pretty beautiful on the lips. If you check out the close-ups down below you'll see that this lipstick is heavy on the gold shimmer housed within a rosy pink base with some barely there brown undertones.

On my lips this turns into a sheer, glossy pinky brown shade with a generous helping of gold shimmer (this really does look pretty pink on me) and while I was expecting to love the packaging and to just tolerate the lipstick shade itself, this one is actually pretty gorgeous. It's not the muddy brown that I'd feared (I don't know who came up with the name Juptier Brown but I'm not a fan) but more a fleshy rosy shade lightened up by all the gold shimmer - really a beauty!


Of course the top lip shot was taken with flash, the bottom without. It was ridiculously hard to get a good representation of this shade on camera for some reason, so the bottom shade shows the gold shimmer whereas the top showcases the color a little more accurately. The shade actually has a little more gold to it in person, but it is beautiful and, being a Rouge Unlimited, the formula is of course glossy and wonderful.
What do you think?
This review contains an affiliate link. If you have any questions regarding the foregoing, please feel free to contact me at a.beautyful.sentiment@gmail.com.
ABS has a new look and is
now located at http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)
now located at http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)
Tsumori Chisato for shu uemura Rouge Unlimited Lipstick in Jupiter Brown Review, Swatches & Lip Shot
I purchased this product myself. Just couldn't resist the star, pawprints and cute cat calling to me from the aisles of Nordstrom!
Posted by A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) on Monday, October 26, 2009 at 10/26/2009 07:54:00 AM
Labels: lipstick, LOTD, reviews, Shu Uemura, swatches

44 comments:
Yay. You got it too. Yay. Omg I bought too much things from NYC. I will share my haul with you soon. Hehe. Happy Monday.
Happy Monday Ying - I can't wait to see the rest of your fabulous NY haul!
Hey Sizbelle!
So I actually changed the wording of the disclaimer as a friend that I asked said she thought it might contain too much info. I'm going to play around with it - I want people to know that there's an affiliate link in the post and also to know that I purchased the product myself. Hopefully once I've moved to wordpress I can have a link you click on for further info. Since I don't explicitly mention this was a press sample I hope people will know I purchased it myself.
I'll try to get a shot of my naked lips once I get home from work tonight and can grab my camera. On me this brings out the pink of my lips with a gold tinge.
I like this collection!
I think the shade is lovely on you and the lippie's packaging is cute... nice gold shimmers....
Tracy isn't is so cute? I really love the packaging and it was all even cuter in person. And I'm a big fan of gold shimmery bits in my makeup :).
Gosh! I love it~ It's so pretty!!! Although it must've felt weird buying it without having seen or swatched it first!
owowoow I love the packaging! Although they should make a doggie style too, just for me LOL I'm more a dog-lover person.
The color is beautiful~ Does the color disappears? Becoz the RU I have disappears like hell in a few minutes...I love the texture and the feel it gives, ut I want the color to stay o_O
This lineup is so cute but just too pricey for me - its a shame cuz I can't resist cute packing lol The lippie looks pretty on you but I suspect it would not show up well on my very pigmented lips :(
Jian it was definitely weird to be buying it without having played with the tester - I never do that! Thank goodness I'd at least seen the photos online.
Mary it's seriously the best lipstick packaging, so cute! I'm partial to dogs too, I love my Chloe!
I have found the color disappears after 2-3 hours, but I am still left with a little stain of color and the glitter so I'm okay with it. This one seems to stay put better than a few of the others I've tried - it does seem to vary from color to color.
The Mighty J this collection definitely isn't what I'd call cheap, but it's so cute I couldn't resist the lipstick!
Jupiter Brown is rather sheer although the color can definitely be built upon with subsequent layers.
mine stayed on for a half hour most! o_O stupid stupid colors! can't they stay properly for that money?
What type is your dog? I have a German shepherd ^.^
Mary that's terrible lasting power! Revlon makes these really long-lasting creamy lipsticks that I like, and they wear really really well.
I have a Yorkie - if you click the label 'Chloe' under ABS' Categories you should find all sorts of random photos of her that I've posted. She's a darling little monster!
It is! ~.~
Aren'T those Revlons drying? Might want to put my hands on one..or two =P
*goes to check it out*
Mary I was worried they would be but they aren't at all! I don't like the long-lasting gloss too much, but the creamy lipsticks are nice! And they come in a nice range of fun colors.
Thanks! I'll check them out! ^.^
Mary I know there were other long-wearing lippies that I liked that I wanted to recommend but I can't remember them right now. It'll come to me!
ooh Thanks! Don't worry~ Let me know if you remember though =D
Will do Mary!
Thanks! ♥
You managed to capture the color so well on your lips. >< I tried to no avail last night. It reminds me of a slightly more nude/brown(although it's really not brown) version of lancome's pink to the club!
Happy to help Mary!
Kat isn't this surprisingly lacking in the brown department for a shade named Jupiter Brown? Not that I'm complaining!
And thank you so much for the compliment, this was so ridiculously hard to capture on camera. I had to take a million photos!
I was actually SUPER scared that it would be.... like old cars from the 80's brown that would go along with moth balls and fuzzy, large striped sweaters or something. It's so wearable, though!
Kat I was totally envisioning a poop brown color LOL. But yes it's very wearable and actually really pretty!
OMG the color is soooooooooooooooooo pretty.
and pls tell me who can do the packaging design better than Japanese. hehehe (I'm not Japanese though)
I really like the cat design on package, so adorable.
PinkyKathy it's really such a fun wearable shade. And yes the Japanese really do cute like no other!
uh oh. another one more thing on my Shu list.
Have you tried the duo highlighter n lipgloss? Am eyeing on those, with the 3 lipsticks. LOL. But my tiny purse won't allow me to buy this much :( I need to put away something...
Oooooh, I am so getting that lipstick now that I have seen the swatches! I ordered the stardust Duo Highlighter sight unseen & just got it yesterday. It is really, really pretty. I hope to have pictures and swatches on my blog in the next few days. This collection is turning out to be really awesome! Thank you so much for sharing! :D
The color is pretty, but it's better for lighter lips. It's not that pigmented. On my mauve-brown, pigmented lips, it looked a bit of a coral, pink/brown with a wash of gold shimmer. Nice description, but it's really a typical Japanese "flesh"-toned color. Not nice enough to buy. It didn't make my lips look nicer than applying one of many glosses I own.
Plue sadly I haven't yet. If anything I'd say maybe skip the lipstick or gloss and go for the highlighter, it's so so cute and really a collector's item!
Catherine I so wanted that highlighter, it looks so gorgeous! I'll be checking for that blog post as I'm dying to hear more about this one!
Awww Anonymous sorry to hear it didn't work out too well for you! My lips aren't crazy pigmented so this definitely shows up on me but I can see how it would be more shimmer and less color on those with more pigmented lips.
Oh my! It's like the perfect lipstick!! Good formula + Nice colour + Cute packaging = The best lipstick! ...except the price LOL
But I really love this colour on you! It's gorgeous! Japanese brands always seem to make the cutest packaging
Lisa I have to agree with you that Japanese companies really know how to make some fantastic packaging! Everything's so seriously cute and girly!
Using this lipstick makes me so happy in the mornings. It's really a mood-lifter!
so happy to hear that kuri♥ayu! i do hope that you'll be back to visit me often! :)
The shade isn't what I would consider a must have, but if you like to collect cosmetics I'd say the packaging really does make it quite a collectible.
I love love love that packaging! Everything from this collection is too cute. You were lucky that the lipstick looks good on you!
Very cute lipstick. I love the packaging and it looks really nice on your lips. Not bad.
Marce this is by far one of the prettiest and cutest lipsticks I own. Love seeing it on my vanity each morning!
Tala it's a nice shade - not mind-blowingly beautiful or pigmented and not terribly unique, but very pretty.
Jen, the color looks super pretty and cute on your lips!
I think, I don't have to mention what I think about the packaging, do I? Super unique and cute of course! <3
Jess isn't it adorable? I need to go find this, it's gotten lost in my makeup mess.
Sigh Jen dear, the small pouch isn't available for me to purchase :(
The lippie is pretty and all, but it didn't really made me want to buy, the highlighter is gorgeous tho!
Awww Plue that stinks!
Yeah the highlighter was absolutely stunning and sadly completely sold out when I went. And pricey!
Post a Comment