ABS has moved!
Please visit me at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com - look forward to seeing you there!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)

Stila Charmed Eye Shadow Palette Review & Swatches

Stila Charmed Eyeshadow Palette ($10!!!)
Stila Charmed Eye Shadow Palette with 24 Karat Gold features four highly pigmented shadow shades—all infused with genuine 24kt gold. Long revered for its skin-revitalizing properties, this luxurious metal helps minimize the appearance of fine lines and creates a rich, shimmering effect. Create countless looks with these silky-smooth, wet-to-dry shimmer shadows.


Did anybody else stop by Sephora last night to take advantage of the $10 Stila Charmed Eyeshadow Palette going on? These aren't the types of shades I'd usually go for, but I just couldn't resist the cute packaging and the great price.


The Charmed Eye Shadow Palette consists of four velvety smooth, almost creamy feeling eyeshadows that are infused with 24K gold (they're very similar to the shadows in the Precious Pearl Eyeshadow Palette which I reviewed HERE). They're intense, pigmented, pack just the right amount of shimmer and glide on smoothly. The palette includes a deep pinky bronze, and bronze/gold, a deep shimmery turquoise and a plum black. I was expecting to love the deep purplely shade but sadly it's my least favorite as it looks a little flat in person. It needs a little more shimmer or just maybe some more purple to give it an extra oomph.

Swatches of the Charmed Eye Shadow Palette

And close ups of the shadows in their pans. The 24K gold interpersed throughout really makes for some gorgeous shimmer.

Pinky Bronze

Golden Bronze

Deep Turquoise

Blackened Plum

I haven't had a chance yet to put together an EOTD, but once I do I'll be sure to post if it's halfway decent. What do you think of this palette? Was it worth the $10?

 

42 comments:

Anonymous said on June 19, 2009 at 10:33 AM

Kayvid: Big Time Yes! It was worth the $10. I've ordered it online and am waiting for it as well :-)
I'd love to see you do EOTDs.

queenisabelle29 said on June 19, 2009 at 10:50 AM

So pretty! Worth it!

T.R. said on June 19, 2009 at 11:43 AM

OMG, I had NO IDEA or I would have gotten one. Dang I'm mad I missed out. :(

Didi said on June 19, 2009 at 12:30 PM

worth it! I wanted in on this deal, but I'm not allowed any more beauty purchases this week after the MAC sale :( At least I can live vicariously through you!

Anonymous said on June 19, 2009 at 1:57 PM

I would say it's worth the price. I would have expected it to be more like $30. The low price is pretty surprising. It sounds like the shadows have a nice finish as well. Makes me want one!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on June 19, 2009 at 2:17 PM

Kayvid hope you love it! It's really nice and such a bargain at only $10!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on June 19, 2009 at 2:17 PM

I totally agree Queenisabelle!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on June 19, 2009 at 2:18 PM

T.R. I was in Sephora today and they still have these for $10! They're by the register, in case you decide to make a Sephora trip anytime soon :)

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on June 19, 2009 at 2:18 PM

Didi I always miss out on great things after banning myself!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on June 19, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Deb I believe that these are supposed to retail for $28 but Sephora has a promotion going on pricing these at $10, which is awesome for me! I'm wearing the shadows today and they're really pretty!

Anastasia said on June 19, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Looks like that berry-purple was worth the $10. The 3D shine finish these have reminds me very much of Urban Decay's eyeshadows, so I bet they're soft and really pigmented too.

I probably wouldn't use all the colours, but maybe that pinky bronze on the inner corner, something else over the lid and the purple as crease/corner shading.

That turquoise would look nice too, with anything light (white, cream, yellow, silver) on the inner corner, turquoise, and some dark blue or aqua or something.

So not an EOTN-in-a-palette, but a couple of nice colours with lovely finishes!

Liz said on June 19, 2009 at 3:44 PM

I'm trying really hard to not buy this palette! If I start to see some FOTDs with this palette I'm going to cave in! ha

justltee said on June 19, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Hey, those are really pretty and for 10 bucks?!!! I need to go to my Sephora now.

Oh by the way, thank you for posting the ingredient list for the Clarins UV sunscreen. I'm still very tempted to try it out!

Charm Candy said on June 19, 2009 at 7:33 PM

I originally wanted to get 3 (1 for me, 2 early Christmas gifts for cousins) but Sephora put a limit of 2 per person, which I can understand. But they canceled my online order twice without telling me why before I called and finally got that answer. By the time they got it straightened out they were out of stock online and I had to go downtown to my local Sephora to get them. I love the packaging! I hope they do more promo sales like this more often.. I'll be able to knock out all of my Christmas shopping in no time.

AskMeWhats said on June 20, 2009 at 12:28 AM

wow..they have these? that is so handy and colors are wonderful!!!!

luvrin said on June 20, 2009 at 2:35 AM

It was definately worth it! I actually really like those colours...

. said on June 20, 2009 at 8:27 AM

WOAH! Shiny and so pigmented! I've never tried anything from Stila before...

onlyve said on June 20, 2009 at 9:21 AM

OMG!! The colors are so gorgeous! And the price is such a steal.. *envy*

Ragrunzel said on June 20, 2009 at 5:02 PM

I like Blackened Plum, reminds me of YSL's Deep Amethyste (from the Ombres Duolumieres Duo) which I use daily :)

T.R. said on June 20, 2009 at 6:22 PM

Hey Jen, I went and got mine and I definitely think it's worth it. I've wanted to try some Stila but I'm trying to be a more conscious beauty buyer (I have a nasty habit of buying peoples recommendations and then never using them. LOL all because I have a crap load of makeup) But I picked this one up and I have to agree with your assessment. I thought the plum would be my fav but it's lacking like you said. I have a feeling the turquoise will be my fast fav. And I'm loving the other two as well. Haven't worn them yet (just picked up today) and as a bonus I got my birthday gift...LOL yeah.

*Jen* said on June 21, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Ana sadly the dark purpley shade is rather disappointing in person, but the others are really gorgeous!

Thanks for the EOTD suggestions, I'm definitely going to test out some of those!

*Jen* said on June 21, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Liz you know you want it! Succumb to temptation! :)

*Jen* said on June 21, 2009 at 8:12 PM

No problem LT--always happy to help! The Clarins is really great, you should check it out.

*Jen* said on June 21, 2009 at 8:12 PM

Charm Candy it's such a great idea to stock up on these for gifts--they're such a great value!

*Jen* said on June 21, 2009 at 8:12 PM

Askmewhats I stopped b Sephora yesterday and they still had these :)

*Jen* said on June 21, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Thanks Rins! I'm having a lot of fun experimenting with these shades--they're so vibrant!

*Jen* said on June 21, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Jian they're crazy pigmented, I have to be careful not to pick up too much! So pretty :)

*Jen* said on June 21, 2009 at 8:14 PM

Princess P if you have a Sephora near you I'd definitely stop by--totally worth the $10!

*Jen* said on June 21, 2009 at 8:14 PM

Ragrunzel the blackened plum shade isn't nearly as pretty in person as you'd think it would be, but it's still nice and the palette as a whole is really great.

Anastasia said on June 21, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Jennnn! I was etsy-browsing and discovered a really interesting Etsy shop. She makes incredible jewelry using vintage watch movements, antique silver plate and aged brass. I don't know if it's to your taste, but I think the detail is incredible, and her imagination makes really surreal, fantasy-esque pieces.

There's so many and they're all very varied, but here's a few of my favourites:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vl_other_1&listing_id=26681248

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vl_other_2&listing_id=26777117

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=25103992

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=24773850

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=26793708

Sorry there's so many, but they're all so interesting! And really affordable.

*Jen* said on June 21, 2009 at 10:48 PM

T.R. I'm so glad you decided to pick one up! I'm trying to be more fiscally responsible when it comes to my beauty purchases too--it's tough =P. You should see the state my room is in thanks to all my impulse buys.

oooh have you tried the birthday glosses yet? I haven't even though they've been sitting on my table for well over a month.

Okay just had to repost this comment to add---happy happy birthday T.R.!!!! I can't believe I forgot that most important bit! :)

*Jen* said on June 21, 2009 at 10:53 PM

ana they're gorgeous! i'm so in love with these two in particular:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vl_other_1&listing_id=26681248

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=25103992

i can see myself obsessing over the luna necklace :)

Anastasia said on June 21, 2009 at 11:49 PM

Aren't they just? I've got a bunch I'm trying to choose between... I'm in love with a charm bracelet, set of earrings and am trying to pick between 3 lockets, but I think one is winning.

I love both the ones you linked, especially the last one, but I like the idea of the locket over a pendant because I don't already have a locket, and it feels a bit more personal?

I think I'm leaning towards this one:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=25044844 I love the bow!

But I'm also torn between http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vl_other_2&listing_id=24529664 and http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vl_other_2&listing_id=26777117

I love the clockface and how the first locket has the bow and extra key etc, but I like the chunkiness of the other, and the clock movement. Although at $30-ish I could get both!

*Jen* said on June 22, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Ana I actually saved that first one with the bow as one of my favorites--it's really something special. Love the, the key and of course the locket itself. I also adore the propeller locket. There's something so whimsical about it.

Now I'm just trying to convince myself that if I purchased one of these I'd actually wear it. I'm bad about actually wearing the pieces that I purchase sometimes =X.

Unknown said on June 22, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Kinda late since I commented the earlier (or later?) post xD But darn.. so lucky! I keep hearing products from Sephora or the brand Stilia online but I've never really seen it before O_o I think I live in a really small city-town xD The colors don't seem to stick out too much in the packaging but when you applied it yourself, totally different story! It looks so pretty! And the fact that it's $10 is a plus for me! ^^

*Jen* said on June 22, 2009 at 4:48 PM

TLNHTRN you need to trek out and look for this! This is such a steal at $10! =D

Catherine said on June 22, 2009 at 7:19 PM

WOW- the bronze and turquoise are gorgeous!

*Jen* said on June 22, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Catherine the turquoise is my fave shade from this palette. It's got so much depth and richness to it--it's really gorgeous on!

T.R. said on June 23, 2009 at 1:28 AM

Thanks, for the birthday wishes Jen. Technically it isn't until July 1. :O) Apparently, Sephora lets you pick it up 15 days before until 15 days after your actual birthday. I used the shadows this weekend (Sat and Sun) and simply loved them. I saw your EOTD with them. I may have to try yours. I actually used the blue on my lid the bronze in my crease and the pinkish on inner corner. I added a deeper brownish/bronze to the outer corner to give it some depth. Really loved the look. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my birthday glosses. They are smooth, smell great and are the perfect consistency in my opinion. I wore them with my new Stila colors. :O)

*Jen* said on June 23, 2009 at 12:46 PM

T.R. I don't know why I've put off trying the birthday glosses for so long, but you've convinced me to give them a shot tonight. Nothing beats free right? :)

Anastasia said on June 23, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Scooooore! Jen, I bought the propeller locket and Alex is buying me the other one, hurrah. I think I'll try to order a set of custom earrings with just the little silver bows and a pearl or something to match :3

=O Word verification is "crying"! Awwh.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on June 23, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Ana "crying" is appropriate since I'm crying on the inside :(. I want stuff from Etsy! =X And a sweetheart like Alex to buy me fun things. Booo!


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Your comment won't show up immediately as it must be moderated before it's published, but I promise to get to it ASAP. I appreciate each and every comment and promise to reply!

Thanks again and come back soon!