ABS has moved!
Please visit me at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com - look forward to seeing you there!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)

Falsie Fun!

I know I've been terribly naughty, neglecting the blog the way that I have been, but I promise to be better! It's not that I don't love you ~ I literally just got home from the office a few minutes about and it's almost 11 pm =X.

Is anyone watching the QVC beauty special that's on tonight starting at 10pm? I heard that they're going to have some amazing deals on some fabulous products. So sad I missed out on most of it already!

But back on topic, this is a quick and dirty look I did on Friday for a night out with friends. It's a bit on the sloppy side, but I swear it looked pretty hot in person!


I was dying to try out the new falsies that my gorgeous friend Cathy had given me, so I picked up some DUO glue (my previous tube went bad and smelled like rotting fish) from Walgreens and went at it. I decided to try out the tinted/dark kind as I always end up making a mess with the clear kind, and I've come to the conclusion that I really love the tinted DUO glue.


The falsies are demis (a half strip) which I love since they don't overwhelm the shape/size of my Asian eyes. I decided to keep everything else simple with some liner and silver shadow to really make the lashes pop, and I paired the eyes with my MAC lipstick in Calironia Dreamin', which really can't be beat when it comes to the perfect pale pink lippy to pair with a smokey eye.


And since tonight seems to be all about rambling incoherently (sorry for the terrible writing!) and bouncing from topic to topic, here's a bottle of Mountain's Dew's World of Warcraft soda--it's fruit punch flavored I believe! I'll proudly to admit that I'll drink pretty much anything blue, and the whole WoW aspect of it kinda appeals to me. I blame the SO who was obsessed with this game for the longest time!

 

16 comments:

. : * justine * : . said on June 30, 2009 at 12:23 AM

Falsies kind of scare me but those look really hot! It sort of makes me want to try them...

I wish we had QVC here! I like looking on the website for things, but they don't ship to Canada, I don't think. D:

Anonymous said on June 30, 2009 at 10:13 AM

Those look great. I can't even see where your lashes end and the false ones begin. The tinted DUO blends in with your eyeliner perfectly.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on June 30, 2009 at 5:29 PM

asiyakei the demis work really well for asian eyes--not nearly as scary as the full strips!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on June 30, 2009 at 5:31 PM

Deb I think that's one of the best compliments you can get when wearing falsies, so thank you thank you! :)

InĂ©s said on June 30, 2009 at 7:43 PM

that's a nice look w/ falsies which would probably work for a dinner or maybe even during the day!

i'm a ballroom dancer so i adore false lashes, especially the super-drag queeny ones, but i rarely wear them outside of dance (maybe for dress-up occasions).

my favorites to stand out in a crowd are the make up forever 113 (long, thin, crisscross black swoops that are longer on the outside w/ glitter strip)and the make up for ever 121 (dense long black swoop w/ crystals). i figure if i do falsies might as well go all out!

Didi said on June 30, 2009 at 9:48 PM

those look beautyful on you!

LOL - I for one avoid blue food but I am partial to mountain dew!

*Jen* said on June 30, 2009 at 10:24 PM

lareinarumbera i even got away with wearing this look to work :)

*Jen* said on June 30, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Didi that's totally opposite from me :)

I'm not a fan of mountain dew but love this because it's blue!

Anastasia said on July 1, 2009 at 4:08 PM

WoW is so overrated. I guess it's a fun game if you can really commit to it, I enjoyed it for a while, probably would've enjoyed it more had my machine not been pathetically below par (and thus struggling to run without awful lag, terrible graphics, etc) at the time I played. Still, takes forever to get anywhere in WoW, and if you have a female character you get besieged with propositions by 13 year old boys. The night/blood elves are cute though <3

We don't have Mountain Dew in England, I had an imported can once from London, it tasted 7up-y.

The look is lovely on you, rushed or no, understated but glamorous and pretty :]

*Jen* said on July 1, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Ana that game was the bane of my existence for awhile since it was literally all the SO was interested in =X. LOL who doesn't want to be propositioned by prepubescent teens with cracking voices?

I tried WoW once or twice to humor the SO, but honestly I'm not really a game person and I just didn't quite get it.

Don't really like Mountain Dew but love anything drinkable and blue! :)

I'm still just DYING with jealousy over that Sleek acid palette of yours!

Anastasia said on July 1, 2009 at 5:29 PM

I'm totally going to hold it over your head, wiggling it to and fro and giggle tauntingly for ages before I send you one.

I might need to stand on a chair, I don't know how tall you are.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on July 1, 2009 at 5:40 PM

Ana you don't have to do that! I'll just sit here seething with jealousy until I can fly out to England in 10 years or so--I'll be the crazed middle-aged Asian woman rummaging through UK drugstores screaming "I want my Sleek palette Annnaa!!"

LOL I'd say no chair necessary as I'm rather short :(. Barely over 5 feet!

Anastasia said on July 1, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Lmao. Even in 10 years you still won't be middle-aged, but it is an amusing thought, nonetheless.

I'm jealous, I'm 5'7" and would prefer to be about 5ft tall and uber skinny, like a fairy. A teeny tiny little fairy~ Petite is better than tall and curvy any day.

Nazia said on July 2, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Your eyes look so pretty! I love the tinted DUO myself! I think falsies look great on everyone. But I'm not used to wearing them. The only kind I have are wispies, any brand that I come by.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on July 2, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Ana I'm already feeling elderly =X

I'm pretty happy with my height but there are definitely times I wish I was just a few inches taller so that I could reach things on the top shelf =P. I'm always in heels though so it doesn't make a huge difference.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on July 2, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Nazia I can't believe I haven't tried it until now! Falsies are definitely a challenge.


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Your comment won't show up immediately as it must be moderated before it's published, but I promise to get to it ASAP. I appreciate each and every comment and promise to reply!

Thanks again and come back soon!