ABS has moved!
Please visit me at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com - look forward to seeing you there!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)

EOTD's Using Stila's Charmed Eye Shadow Palette


Remember that rich, velvety looking Stila Charmed Eye Shadow Palette (see review & swatches HERE) I picked up the other night for only $10? Here are a few EOTD's using it, as promised!

While I knew that it was pigmented, I didn't really quite how pigmented it was until I attempted to use it. These shadows are intense! Up first is the somewhat boring subtle look I did for the office using the pinky bronze shade on the inner third of my eye and the turquoise shade along the outer 2/3. I used a very very light touch and this is what I got:


Of course I felt the need to try something a little more colorful today to take full advantage of both the palette and the fact that I had nothing to do on this dreary, rainy Sunday. I again used the pinky bronze on the inner third of my eye, the turquoise shade on the center third, and then I used my MAC Pink Pearl pigment (swatch HERE) on the outer V for a fun pop of color. Have I mentioned how much I love my Pink Pearl pigment? It's one of those things I dread running out of!



I topped the look off by layering Fresh's Firebird and Supernova mascaras and lining my waterline with Urban Decay's 24/7 liner in Zero. I kept the rest of my face simple with some Bobbi Brown Skin foundation topped with my La Mer loose powder in translucent and some shimmery Chapstick.

 

26 comments:

Tanya said on June 22, 2009 at 12:51 AM

That last photo is beautiful!!

Phyrra said on June 22, 2009 at 12:59 AM

Such a fun look!
Don't worry about running out:
1. I swear those pigment jars contain a ton (I have pink pearl and love it)
2. Stars n' Rockets from MAC is a pretty close dupe
3. Aromaleigh has a close dupe in a color called Snapdragon Pure Hue.

*Jen* said on June 22, 2009 at 9:49 AM

tanya i feel like i haven't seen you around in ages! what have you been up to? :)

i love looking at the brighter EOTD photos--they make me smile :). it's nice to be able to find the time to wear something a bit more fun.

*Jen* said on June 22, 2009 at 9:50 AM

Phyrra I can always count on your to come through for me! I shouldn't even be worrying as I've got a TON of Pink Pearl left, even after having given away a bunch of samples of it, but you know how it is when you love something.

I've tried Stars n' Rockets and I definitely agree that it's comparable--I need to check out the Snapdragon Pure, I'm sure it's gorgeous!

dαnnεεl said on June 22, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Wow.. I love your EOTD!! It's gorgeous. I ordered mine online last week, and it's going to get here tomorrow, I can't wait to get my hands on it!!!

gio said on June 22, 2009 at 2:10 PM

I love this look! So pretty and colorful!

*Jen* said on June 22, 2009 at 2:38 PM

thank you so much dannimag! i usually don't go for blue or bronzey shades, but i happen to think these look really nice on.

can't wait to hear what you think of yours. i hope you love it, although it's hard not to at that price! :)

*Jen* said on June 22, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Thanks gio! After all the rain we've had this week I needed for at least my makeup to be bright and fun. I think this is the first day in over a week that it hasn't poured!

Nazia said on June 22, 2009 at 2:46 PM

For a light hand, that is already quite very pigmented! I love the look you did, very colorful! :)

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on June 22, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Nazia the first time that I used the blue I had no idea just how pigmented it would be and I ended up with a crazy eye! I love that I can get a great pop of color with these though, and they feel soooo velvety smooth and soft on the eye.

Unknown said on June 22, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Wow.. so shiny! And the way you blend the colors.. it looks so so pretty! I really like it!

*Jen* said on June 22, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Thanks TLNHTRN! The blending is all thanks to a good blender brush--don't know what I'd do without it!

justltee said on June 22, 2009 at 4:55 PM

I love it! Really pretty colors and I love your lush lashes.

Anonymous said on June 22, 2009 at 5:20 PM

Super pretty!

*Jen* said on June 22, 2009 at 5:25 PM

LT it's all thanks to the two fresh mascaras i layered! they're just so-so on their own, but layered together they're really beautiful.

*Jen* said on June 22, 2009 at 8:24 PM

thank you deb!

AskMeWhats said on June 22, 2009 at 9:06 PM

very pretty! your eye makeup is just GORGEOUS!

*Jen* said on June 23, 2009 at 12:42 PM

thank you so much askmewhats!

Didi said on June 23, 2009 at 7:23 PM

wow! i love how you mixed the colors!

*Jen* said on June 23, 2009 at 7:40 PM

thanks didi! and i forgot to mention, thanks for inspiring me to go get threaded for the first time! :)

Nicole said on June 23, 2009 at 8:01 PM

love this look! you did such an amazing job, and you pull of the palette so well... i know i could never pull it off. i know i've said it before, but your blending skills are amazing!

Anastasia said on June 23, 2009 at 8:20 PM

I commented on this and it got eaten. >:

I said something about you looking gorgeous, and that I loved the really unusual mix of colours you used and that you could pull it off so well, bold suits you.

I just realised it looks like a rainbow in oil. In a good way.

*Jen* said on June 23, 2009 at 9:23 PM

nicole you can definitely pull off colorful looks with your beautiful pale sin and striking features!

i swear it's all thanks to blending brushes--don't know what i'd do without them!

*Jen* said on June 23, 2009 at 9:24 PM

awwww thank you ana!

i hate when my comments get eaten--it always seems to be the long ones that i happen to think are quite clever that disappear into bloggerland, never to be seen again.

your comment on the palette post inspired me to mix these shades with some outside shadows of my own, so this is all thanks to you you know :)

Anastasia said on June 23, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Well, I think people who love make-up as much as we do have better ideas about what goes together than the people who put together palettes.

They want to make a palette of complementing or popular shades, bringing in others makes it much more individual and interesting.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on June 23, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Ana I've always loved your color combos and ability to see what goes well with what--I guess it's the artist in you!


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Your comment won't show up immediately as it must be moderated before it's published, but I promise to get to it ASAP. I appreciate each and every comment and promise to reply!

Thanks again and come back soon!