ABS has moved!
Please visit me at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com - look forward to seeing you there!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)

Saks F&F Is Right Around The Corner!

Photobucket

Good afternoon my wonderful readers! :) As you can see I'm pretty ecstatic that it's finally Friday, meaning that the start of my weekend is mere hours away.

I'm sure most of you are already aware that Saks Fifth Avenue's Friend & Family Event is just days away, running from April 16-19, 2009. My sources (LOL meaning Nicole) tell me that the discount this year will be 15% on fragrances and cosmetics, so if you've been planning any makeup purchases at Saks, definitely hold off!

I've got a little something special waiting for you after the jump ~ check it out!

So as a reward to those of you who bother to check after the jump (and take the time to read my posts), I've got a little surprise for you! :) You may have noticed that the photo above looks a little off ~ I was having a little too much fun playing on Photobucket! So here's what my graphic looked like after I'd added just the text:

Photobucket

Name all the differences that you see between the two images in the comments below to win a small mystery prize. Please submit your comments by midnight (E.S.T.) April 15th! Winner to be chosen at random amongst entrants who correctly identify all differences.

Oh and of course please share what you'll be getting during Saks F&F! :)

 

44 comments:

Didi said on April 10, 2009 at 3:54 PM

OOO! i love these games! i love the pic you chose too! did you take it yourself?

Here's what I spy...
A UFO and smiley flower
"Best Friends" banner at the entrance.
Bunny Ears on the mail drop
A wine bottle and dollar sign in the trash.
Butterflies and plus signs in the shop window.
"Love" word bubble
A sun graffiti on the brick.
A snowflake in the window upstairs
A sticker label above the snowflake.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on April 10, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Didi I wish my photography skills were that good! Thanks for checking out what was after the jump :)

sarahPUFFY! said on April 10, 2009 at 5:45 PM

Hey Jen! I love "Spot the Difference!" kinda things.

- happy flower
- flying saucer
- bunny ears on mailbox
- butterflies in the window
- happy sun on the building
- snowflake on the window
- picture frame above the snowflake!
- a yellow sign above the store entrance (does it say Best Friends? I can't tell!)
- a dollar sign on the trash can
- a wine bottle IN the trash can!
- little plus signts in the window
- a heart shaped bubble that says LOVE

I hope I got them all! I looked super hard to find more and my retinas aren't very ahppy with me. :P

Tanya said on April 10, 2009 at 6:01 PM

1) The "sold" tag is on different letters (it's on the L on the first and Y on the second photo).

2) The small square banner (?) on the top of the building.

3) Snowflake on the top window.

4) Sun drawn on the building.

5) Yellow banner above the door entrance.

6) A UFO? haha!

7) Bunny ears on the mailbox.

8) Umm, something on the trash can, I can't make out what it is, but there's a dollar sign (I need new glasses, lol).

9) Crosses? on the first window.

10) A little bubble that says love (?) in the second window.

11. Butterflies in the third window.

12. Flower in the street :)



I think...I think that's it!

-Yu- said on April 10, 2009 at 6:21 PM

So fun! Took me so long to identify them. These are the one i could identify:

-the 16-19 is further apart on the top pic
-the sold tag is around the Y instead of L
-Snow flake in the window
-sun graffiti
-flower just by the rushing taxi
-dark Grey butterfly on the window top the taxi rush
-yellow sign "best friend"
-Bunny ears on mailbox
-Bottle and money sign in garbage beside mailbox
-alien space ship on street
-multiple star pattern on the window
-quote bubble "love" on the mannequin models in the window
-blank empty label picture above the snowflake

Eek! Good luck for everyone.
this was quite fun. and great photo manipulation skills!

sarahPUFFY! said on April 10, 2009 at 7:13 PM

JEN! Not sure if this is allowed, but I realized there was one more thing I missed! Like I said, I LOVE these things, so I'm adding it just for the fun of it!

- snowflake on the window
- picture frame above the window
- happy sun on the wall
- heart shaped bubble that says LOVE
- happy flower
- butterflies on a window
- plus signs on a window
- mail box with bunny ears
trash can with $ signt
- wine bottle IN trash can
- flying saucer
- sign above entrance of the store (seriously, what on earth does it say?)
- the SOLD sign is wrapped around the Y instead of around the L

Krasey Beauty said on April 10, 2009 at 7:22 PM

Jen, I also got a code from Saks online that gives me 15% off, including cosmetic purchases!

This couldn't come at a better time, esp with all the summer collections making their debut!

Will we be getting an email like we did with the holiday F&F?

As for changes:
Yellow banner above the door
Heart in the corner window
bunny ears
UFO and Flower
Snowflake
Dollar sign on garbage can

Haha, guess it helps to work in the area huh? ;)

Alexandra said on April 10, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Yaaay! Here are the things I WANT:
_Kanebo fluid found.
_Bobbi Brown eyeliner gel in sepia(or some other brown) and black
_G.A. luminous silk found. (in my dreams)
_Laura Mercier (one of her shimmer pressed powders/shimmer blocs) I really need a new highlighter!

Okay so I spy:
UFO
bunny ears
dollar sign
beer bottle? lol!
happy flower (you're so cute!)
snowflake
stars/crosses in window
vocal bubble
butterflies
friends banner
happy sun

Anonymous said on April 10, 2009 at 9:33 PM

Hi Jen!

What a cute idea and thanks for the heads up about the FF sale!

Here are the differences I notice in the picture:

1. Cute smiley face flower doodle.
2. Ufo doodle.
3. Yellow "Best Friends' banner above store entrance.
4. Dollar $ign in trash.
5. Wine bottle in trash.
6. Bunny ears on top of mailbox (cute!).
7. 13 plus signs in window.
8. 5 butterflies in window.
9. 2 manequins saying "LOVE" in a word bubble.
10. A blue snowflake in the 2nd floor window.
11. A white empty looking picture frame above the snowflake.
12. A cute smiley sun face doodle on building.

Hmm that's all I notice. I hope I got them all! I hope you have a great holiday weekend! :)

Sincerely,
Sarah

FrostedCouture said on April 11, 2009 at 1:12 AM

Jen it's almost your birthday!! Actually I think in your time zone it might already be the 11th :P Well happy birthday! My birthday is exactly a week after on the 18th. hehe

My mom loves saks so I might be going with her and getting a little something

~white rectangle above the window with a ~snowflake!

~yellow best friends sign

~sunshine :)

~conversation bubble in the window (next to the right mannequin)

~gray butterflies in the window

~alien/spaceship? lol--to the far left

~flower!

~plus signs in the window

~bunny ears above the mail box

~i believe it's a $ sign on the trash can. something green.

~bottle above the trash can

whew! i think that's it :)
take care~~

theotherworldly said on April 11, 2009 at 2:06 AM

OK ... so ...

1. the text and the "sold" label has been moved, ever-so-slightly

2. white panel under the "sold" label

3. snowflake in the window

4. happy sun face graffitti

5. butterflies in the display

6. plus signs in the display

7. a speech bubble "love" above some mannequins

8. flower graffiti face on the sidewalk

9. alien spaceship graffitti on the sidewalk

10. a yellow sign that says "Best Friends" (I think? it's a little too small)

11. Bunny ears on the mailbox

12. A graffitti bottle on the trash can

13. And a dollar sign on it too!

I think that's all :)

Deanna said on April 11, 2009 at 4:34 AM

Here's what I got:
-Bunny ears on the mailbox
-UFO in the street
-Flower in the street
-Sunshine on the building
-Thought bubble "LOVE" on the mannequins
-Butterflies in the window to the right
-"Best Friends" banner over the entry way
-Snowflake in the window on top
-Another banner above the window w/the snowflake
-Money sign on the trash can
-Plus signs in window in the middle
-Bottle on top of trash can

Anonymous said on April 11, 2009 at 5:14 AM

I need a SAKS NOW!

~Shelly said on April 11, 2009 at 6:21 AM

Hey Jen~
Wow you put so much effort into this blog, it's amazing! @_@

Here are the differences I can see so far...
1) Easter Bunny ears on the blue box [I don't know what it is]
2) A snowflake on the window facing
3) A graffiti sun diagonally under the snowflake on the left
4) A flower on the street [or directly under the graffiti sun on the wall]
5) A spaceship on the street near the zebra crossing
6) Butterflies on the right side windows of the shop ground floor
7) Star thingies on the left side shop window also ground floor
8) The speech bubble from the mannequin on the 'centre' shop window, ground floor
9) A yellow sign on top of the tall door/entrance on the far left/middle left of the picture
10) A beer bottle drawn in white on top of the rubbish can and a green dollar sign [or maybe just some lettering..] written on the side of the rubbish can.

Phew... I hope I've got them all... ~_~

Kayla said on April 11, 2009 at 8:24 AM

Here are the differences I managed to spot!

- Spaceship graffiti on the pedestrian crossing
- "Best Friends" yellow banner at the entrance
- Bunny ears on the mailbox, dollar sign + a beer bottle (?) drawn on the bin
- 'Plus (+)' signs on the window display
- Flower graffiti on the road
- Speechbubble (can't tell what it says!) for the mannequin
- Butterflies on the window display
- Sun graffiti drawn on the brick wall
- Snowflake graffiti on the windows above
- A white label above the snowflake
- April 16-19 is typed as 16 - 19 (with spaces)
- "Sold" tag is hanging off the Y instead of the L

Did I miss out anything? Hahaha that was fun :D

Anonymous said on April 11, 2009 at 9:22 AM

Hi
This is what I saw!
1.Butterflies in the shop window
2.Airplanes? in the shop window
3.A UFO
4.A flower
5.Best Friends banner
6.A bottle behind the trash
7.Dollar sign in the trash
8.Love? word bubble
9.Bunny Ears on the mail
10.A sun on the brick
11.A snowflake in the window
12.A mirror or a sticker?

I write the ? sign because I cant see! LOL
Betty
kayab29@hotmail.com

*Jen* said on April 11, 2009 at 9:47 AM

Me too sarahPUFFY! I only wish I had photoshop or something so that I could've made this cooler by making the difference much more subtle.

*Jen* said on April 11, 2009 at 9:47 AM

Great job Tanya! :)

*Jen* said on April 11, 2009 at 9:48 AM

Yu great eyes!! Thanks for commenting :)

*Jen* said on April 11, 2009 at 9:48 AM

Totally allowed Sara! :)

*Jen* said on April 11, 2009 at 9:49 AM

Krasey I got one of those too! I'm waiting to shop in store though--there's just something so satisfying about purchasing things in person :)

I hope that we'll be getting the F&F e-mail soon!

We must work right around each other--I work a few blocks from Saks too!

*Jen* said on April 11, 2009 at 9:50 AM

Aleksis I've been wanting to pick up a BB gel liner in a color other than black--I've seen some gorgeous shimmery ones from them. And I've been wanting to try that Luminous Silk foundation too!

*Jen* said on April 11, 2009 at 9:50 AM

Sarah you have a great weekend too! <3

*Jen* said on April 11, 2009 at 9:51 AM

LOL Frosty it's actually my blog's birthday, but I'm very very excited about it! My birthday is coming up soon too though! Well in a little over a month.

*Jen* said on April 11, 2009 at 9:51 AM

Thanks so much for playing my game theotherwordly!

*Jen* said on April 11, 2009 at 9:51 AM

Great job Deanna! :)

*Jen* said on April 11, 2009 at 9:52 AM

Jojoba maybe one of these days! Or you could just fly over to shop =D

*Jen* said on April 11, 2009 at 9:52 AM

Shelly the blog is definitely a labor of love for me. It can get to be stressful/overwhelming, but at the end of the day it's something I do for fun! :)

*Jen* said on April 11, 2009 at 9:53 AM

Kayla you'll have to wait to find out! ;)

*Jen* said on April 11, 2009 at 9:53 AM

Thanks for entering Betty! :)

Nazia said on April 11, 2009 at 10:04 AM

I'm so glad I held off shopping!

I spy:
1)window snowflake
2)white frame/box above snowflake
3)sun graffiti
4)ufo
5)happy flower
6)green dollar sign
7)bottle(?) in the trash
8)cute bunny ears
9)13 plus signs on display window
10)love in heart bubble from both mannequins
11)butterflies in different sizes
12)yellow banner above door (best friends)
13)spaces between 6-1
14)sold sign hanging on a different letter (Y)


I had fun!

prncss_007 at hotmail dot com

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on April 11, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Thanks for entering Nazia! :) And yes thank goodness you held off shopping, a 15% discount makes a BIG different!

invie said on April 11, 2009 at 1:42 PM

FUN!

I see...

1- you filled in the plaque on the building with white.
2- you added a snowflake in the window
3-There is now a best firends sign above the main entrance
4- There is a happy face sun grafitti up
5- Window display change with + signs
6- Window display change with a love heart speech bubble
7- Window display change with butterflies!
8-Bunny ears on the post office box
9-Dollar signs on the wastebasket
10- Booze on the wastebasket
and the last two are my faves

11-the UFO on the street
12-lil flower face growing out of the cracks ofthe street.

Cute contest.

Thanks!

lilconstance said on April 12, 2009 at 1:55 AM

15% discount!!! Ahhh, I'm envious!

1) Snowflake
2) Bunny ears
3) Bottle
4) Spaceship
5) Smiley flower
6) Butterflies at windows
7) Sun
8) White panel? above snowflake
9) Speech bubble by mannequin
10) Yellow banner
11) Crosses at window
12) Dollar sign
13) Sold sign hanging on L instead of Y
14) 16-19 is placed further in first image

*Jen* said on April 12, 2009 at 9:38 AM

Thanks for taking the time to play my game Invie! I LOVE having little games on the blog--hence the Hangman at the bottom lol.

*Jen* said on April 12, 2009 at 9:39 AM

Lilconstance my credit card's going to hate me by the end of this month!

lilconstance said on April 12, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Hullo Jen!

What are you planning to buy? I can only live vicariously through you, so do spill ;D

I just noticed that in my excitement, I added an extra S in (6). It's supposed to be 'Butterflies at window' and not windows

*Jen* said on April 13, 2009 at 10:15 AM

Hi Lilconstance!

Hmmm that's a great question lol. I'm leaving for Korea in a matter of days (shhh I haven't broken the news officially on the blog--i don't want my readers going through jen-withdrawal!) so I'm trying to save my crazy shopping for duty free. This time around I don't have much of a plan for Saks--it's going to be more of a "walk around and buy whatever catches my eye" thing. Any suggestions? ;)

lilconstance said on April 13, 2009 at 2:16 PM

Are you asking a girl that hasn't been to the US on what to buy? Oh gosh, I'm so excited, I can't think of anything haha!! Oooh how about the shimmer bloc from Laura Mercier?

I think I'm better suited to help with the shopping in Korea haha. I'm very sure that they have Shiseido Integrate there, hmmm what else? Oh yes, some Skin Food masks, Etude House, Banila Co, Orbis! I'm so envious! How long is your vacay?

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on April 13, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Lilconstance from what I've seen that's a beauty! I love the floral imprint, the color scheme--pretty much everything but the price!

I'm definitely going to be looking for SkinFood, Etude House & Banila Co. while in Korea--this will be my first time really shopping for Korean makeup, since I used to always stick to the non-Korean brands at duty free. It's going to be an adventure!

I'll be in Korea for a week or so :)

taylo292 said on April 14, 2009 at 12:16 AM

Here are the differences I see:
1. bottle on top of trash can
2. green dollar sign on trash can
3. plus sign design on window
4. butterflies on window
5. white square above snowflake
6. bunny ears on mailbox
7. yellow "friends" sign above doorway
8. comment bubble from manequin
9. blue snowflake
10. sun
11. flower
12. alien/robot/ufo thingy in street

I would like to try and take advantage of the family and friends deal and maybe add to my brush collection. I am dying for a two toned/skunk/stippling Laura Mercier finishing brush, also her smokey eye liner brush looks worth a try. As far as products the Clinique Quick Blush and anything from Nars summer collection if its out. lol!

lilconstance said on April 14, 2009 at 12:31 AM

Haha yeah, everything about LM's shimmer bloc is gorgeous, except the price ;)

Have fun in Korea, my dear! I'll definitely miss you! =D

*Jen* said on April 15, 2009 at 10:24 AM

Taylo I've had my eye on that Laura Mercier brush too!

*Jen* said on April 15, 2009 at 10:24 AM

Thanks lilconstance! My trip got postponed, but I'm still definitely looking forward to it!


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Your comment won't show up immediately as it must be moderated before it's published, but I promise to get to it ASAP. I appreciate each and every comment and promise to reply!

Thanks again and come back soon!