ABS has moved!
Please visit me at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com - look forward to seeing you there!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)

Lush Godiva Solid Shampoo Review

Lush Godiva Solid Shampoo ($9.25)
Godiva shampoo's luscious blend of exotic oils and cocoa butter leaves tresses so beautifully conditioned, silk would be envious! Though the legendary beauty who rode naked through Coventry is the inspiration for this bar, please exercise restraint if you find yourself a bit carried away and tempted to give a similar performance. (Though, a naked horseback ride would be quite a novel and somewhat environmentally-friendly way to dry your hair...) Horse not included.


Nicole sent me this yummy-looking Lush Godiva solid shampoo bar a few months back and I've been happily using it ever since. How bad is it that when I see the name Godiva I don't think Lady Godiva, but rather of Godiva chocolates? Lush needs to stop confusing us with their delicious-looking concoctions! My mother, who's never been to or even seen a Lush in her life, saw my Buffy body bar sitting in my room in its cellophane package and took it downstairs to eat, thinking it was a bar of white chocolate. Then came the lecture on how I shouldn't be hiding chocolate in my room!

I was pretty skeptical as to how well a solid shampoo would lather in my hair--since I don't know if you've tried washing your hair with soap (hey desperate times call for desperate measures) but it doesn't work out so well--but one of my favorite aspects of this shampoo is the beautiful beautiful rich lather. Per the instructions I grab my bar from its tin (okay I actually use the top of a pomade container since I don't have one of Lush's shampoo tins), run it along the length of my wet hair three times (once along each side, and the back), then work Godiva into a wonderful lather and rinse.

Godiva leaves my hair looking and feeling clean, clarified, shiny, and all-around healthy. I tend not to use is every day simply because I have a few other shampoos in rotation, but it's perfect for those days when my hair is starting to feel a little weighed-down or finicky--a quick wash with Godiva really does the trick. As an added bonus this little bar is highly portable and according to the people at Lush, good for 90 uses.

A word of warning--the scent is rather strong and if you're not a fan of jasmine, probably won't be to your liking at all. But scent aside this is definitely worth a try, especially if you travel a lot!

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said on December 8, 2008 at 10:14 AM

Kayvid: Wowie! Thanks for reviewing this. I was kinda itching to try a new shampoo anyway! Will get this ASAP.

*Jen* said on December 8, 2008 at 10:47 AM

Hope you like it Kayvid! The scent is definitely very very strong, and while my mom loves to use this because she says it leaves her hair looking and feeling great, she absolutely HATES the way it smells and tells me that she thinks it's gross. But there are also people who love the scent, so as long as you don't mind it lol. I neither love nor hate it, and I love using it so it's a winner for me!

Anonymous said on December 8, 2008 at 11:26 AM

I have abandoned this ever since I got Big... after this review though, I'm looking forward to using it again. It does smell amazing, and I also thought of Godiva chocolates when I first saw the name, lol.

Anonymous said on December 8, 2008 at 11:30 AM

Even though I was aware that the bar was most likely named after Lady Godiva (who is often portrayed as having long, beautiful hair in in fine art), I was wonder if the bar smelled like chocolate. I guess not.
I hope your mom didn't eat your soap. While I am sure it smells delicious, I doubt it would taste good.

*Jen* said on December 8, 2008 at 12:20 PM

Nicole I just used the last of my Big sample the other day! I think I've told you this before, but I seem to have tiny little cuts on my head that the salt gets into lol--it kinda stings but it does feel my hair feeling cleansed and great!

*Jen* said on December 8, 2008 at 12:24 PM

Deb I was hoping the bar would smell like chocolate too!

My mom almost ate my soap--she's lucky I got home early that day! She said that she was about to eat it, but put it away to to eat later on lol. I came home, noticed it was missing, asked about it and she told me it was in the kitchen cupboard!

Anastasia said on December 8, 2008 at 3:53 PM

I wasn't even aware such things existed, I'll have to try one, now. Lately I've been obsessed with Soap & Glory products, just because the packaging is so incredibly gorgeous. And PINK! First time for everything.

Why is it all your mishaps involve food?

*Jen* said on December 8, 2008 at 6:11 PM

Anastasia I love the Soap & Glory line of products--the packaging is cute, they smell great and of course most importantly they work. No barf for the pinkness of it all?

I think it's because I'm just a big piggy =X.

Alexandra said on December 8, 2008 at 6:50 PM

Solid shampoo? That's so neat! I have to check this stuff out....I'm glad it has a strong scent because for some reason my hair never holds any scent after washing! :/

*Jen* said on December 8, 2008 at 7:19 PM

Aleksis this scent will 100% stay in your hair--I can pretty much guarantee it. My hair never holds any scent either (especially the yummy fruity ones), but after washing with this my mom will say "You used that shampoo again didn't you" and wrinkle her nose lol.

Anastasia said on December 8, 2008 at 11:15 PM

Big piggy my arse. I've seen more fat on a chip, love.

I, on the other hand, ate AN ENTIRE BAG OF BABYBEL CHEESES in one day. I can resist crisps, chocolate, etc, but not cheese-type snack food, I love them all, ahhh. It's bad for me, but at least I can tell myself cheese contains calcium (essential for women as we're at risk of osteoporosis) and silica which is great for hair, skin and nails! =D

*Jen* said on December 8, 2008 at 11:32 PM

Anastasia when I was younger all my friends would all have Babybel cheeses as part of their brown bag lunches that their moms packed them and I'd never seen them before and thought the whole concept of cheese in a red wax wheel was absolutely disgusting. It didn't help that I wasn't much into cheese back then.

Fast forward to now and I absolutely love the stuff! Babybels are often my snack of choice and there's always a giant Costco sized bag of them in my fridge. My current favorite cheese though is Prima Donna--I could probably eat the whole wheel lol.

I had no idea cheese has silica in it--another excuse to eat more!


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Your comment won't show up immediately as it must be moderated before it's published, but I promise to get to it ASAP. I appreciate each and every comment and promise to reply!

Thanks again and come back soon!