ABS has moved!
Please visit me at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com - look forward to seeing you there!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)

Kanebo Sensai Silky Purifying Cleansing Gel with Scrub Review

Kanebo Sensai Step 1 Silky Purifying Gel with Scrub ($50 for 4.3 oz)
An ultra-smooth rinse-off gel with scrub that dissolves make-up quickly without friction. The first step of the Sensai Double Cleansing system, followed by a second step, a Sensai soap specific for your skin's needs.

Containing Koishimaru Silk, ginseng extract, almond oil, orange oil, and a bunch of other great ingredients, Sensai's Silky Purifying Gel with Scrub rids the skin of any makeup/grime accumulated during the day while unclogging pores, all with the soft caress of silk.

This soothing gel melts into a silky oil cleanser after a few seconds of massaging, making for a wonderful sensory experience. While the scrubby bits are few and far between, meaning this is mostly cleansing gel and very little scrub, this does a fabulous job removing makeup while leaving your skin with a hydrated, clean sensation. While I absolutely adore my SK-II cleansing oil, it doesn't travel so well (oil in a pump container = disaster waiting to happen); but this Kanebo cleanser will be going everwhere my SK-II can't!

See the grayish particles that consist of the "scrub"?
.

 

12 comments:

Anastasia said on December 13, 2008 at 1:27 PM

That does look nice! Are you still as delighted with Kanebo as you were?

Does the bottle say what kind of ginseng it is? Usually it's either Siberian, Norean or Manchurian (which is Korean).

Anonymous said on December 13, 2008 at 6:29 PM

hey another oil cleanser in a gel form!!! i wonder why are there more and more such products??? i had tried clarins and it was good but it doesn't clean well when i had makeup on.) what about this? does it also clean well when you have a bare face? (please refer to my review about this problem. thanks)

*Jen* said on December 14, 2008 at 8:59 AM

Ana I totally am! I'm a HUUUUGE fan of their foundation. I'd purchased the wrong shade, decided it wasn't for me and hadn't looked back, but MY Nicole (no you can't have her!) had sent me a generous sample of the Kanebo foundation in a lighter shade, and OMG it's perfection! My skin looks beautiful but it seriously looks like I don't have a bit of makeup on.

And I'll be reviewing their primer today or tomorrow!

I believe that it's Korean ginseng from what I've seen of their other product descriptions online (assuming they use the same kind of ginseng in all their products)--is there a difference? I'd love to know!

*Jen* said on December 14, 2008 at 9:02 AM

Jojoba I just checked out your Clarins review to see what you were talking about! Makes sense now--at first I was all "huh"? =D

It works beautifully on a bare face as well as on a made up face in my experience! I get the same beautiful melting sensation and my face still feels clean and soft. Hope that helps!

Anastasia said on December 14, 2008 at 1:35 PM

Yah! The difference is between Korean Ginseng and Siberian Ginseng. Basically, Korean is quick ginseng, i.e. it'll start working, maybe tomorrow, but you shouldn't take it for more than 8 weeks without a 3 week break. Siberian is slower ginseng, which would start to take effect after about a week, but you can safely take it forever.

That applies to taking oral supplements though, I have no idea how it would work in skin, it'd depend on the dosage, I suppose.

I remember it as Korean = Kwick, Siberian = Slow.

Ginseng's a big thing in the naturopathic world since it's the only thing that can give you additional energy (i.e. not something that speeds up energy conversion like L-carnitine) without caffeine.

Anonymous said on December 14, 2008 at 4:04 PM

LOL at "MY" Nicole above!

This sounds great! I really need to checkout some of their skincare since I'm loving the foundation so much. I definitely agree with the SK-II cleansing oil not being travel-friendly, so this seems like a really great alternative. If only my Kanebo counter was as friendly as yours!

*Jen* said on December 15, 2008 at 11:19 PM

Thanks for that Ana! I had no idea! Koreans love their ginseng so I never realized it wasn't good to take it continually.

*Jen* said on December 15, 2008 at 11:20 PM

LOL Nicole I don't know about friendly! I did love the Christmas card, but "friendly" isn't quite the word that I would use--they definitely are a lot nicer than the others Saks counter people though!

Sarah said on July 9, 2009 at 1:19 AM

Miley Cyrus just tweeted about this facial cleanser which is why I looked it up and found your blog!

http://twitter.com/mileycyrus/status/2545589740

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on July 9, 2009 at 9:39 AM

Glad you found me Sarah! The cleanser is good stuff--I love how it melts into your skin from a gel to an oil and really cleanses away all the day's accumulated debris.

sensational pleasure to the soul said on September 27, 2009 at 10:40 AM

hi,my name is miya, I would like to know, if I use this kanebo product that you are speaking of, do I still to use other facial cleanser? eg: Kanebo sensai step 1 silky pruifying gel with scrub -> sk2 treatment cleanser -> toner.

could you please reply to my email? shimoaoki.miya@gmail.com

thank you.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 27, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Hey Miya!

Kanebo has a two step system so you would use this as step one, and then step 2 would be one of their foaming cleansers. Of course you could use any foaming cleanser, but I like to use the two step series. I'm off to shoot you an e-mail right now!


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Your comment won't show up immediately as it must be moderated before it's published, but I promise to get to it ASAP. I appreciate each and every comment and promise to reply!

Thanks again and come back soon!