
Guerlain 'Le Rouge G de Guerlain' Lipstick in Grace #11 ($45) is one of the two limited edition holiday shades (the other being #12 Gems) available from their 2009 'Imperial Holiday' release. The original case was designed by jeweller Lorenz Baumer, and the holiday packaging is enhanced by the addition of a black jewel clasp. 
You already know that I'm a fan of the Rouge G formula - the ruby powder in them really gives them some gorgeous shimmer under sunlight, they last a good 4-5 hours, are creamy, pigmented, nourishing and non-drying, and all-around wear beautifully.
So how did I feel about Grace? Find out after the jump (and check out a ton of photos including lip swatches)!
Let's just say that for me, Grace is that perfect lipstick I never knew that I needed, but now can't imagine being without. While it's probably not ideal for those of you with very pigmented lips, on my lips this is a medium pink with slight beigey brown undertones and gorgeous understated shimmer that really just makes my lips look lush and polished. It's got that subtle 'my lips but better' quality to it that's made it my go-to lipstick for basically any and every occasion.

While I love my engraved Rouge G that I picked up at Bergdorf for myself, this gem-adorned holiday packaging definitely rivals it to for top spot amongst my lippies!


While Grace may not look like much in the tube, I'd definitely check it out for yourself should you happen to find yourself near a Guerlain counter - it definitely surprised me! I'm constantly pulling mine out to reapply throughout the day and to admire my glistening lips in the attached mirror.
This review contains an affiliate link. If you have any questions regarding the foregoing, please feel free to contact me at a.beautyful.sentiment@gmail.com.
ABS has a new look and is
now located at http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)
now located at http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)
Guerlain Rouge G de Guerlain #11 'Grace' Jewel Lipstick Compact from 'Imperial Holiday' 2009
This review contains a press sample sent to ABS by the brand's PR representative for blog consideration. I probably wouldn't have picked this up as it looks a little brown in the tube, but boy would I have been missing out! Again why I love press samples - they give me the opportunity to try products I would never go for.
Posted by A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) on Thursday, November 5, 2009 at 11/05/2009 11:08:00 AM
Labels: Guerlain, holiday, lipstick, LOTD, reviews, swatches, Winter 2009

24 comments:
Wowwie. The color in the tube reminded me of Jupiter brown but it's so much prettier and the formulation looks much more even and smooth! I wouldn't wear it though, I'm always trying to bring my superpigmented red lips down--jupiter brown was pushing it for me in terms of color I'm comfortable.
hmmmm pretty! *.*
But damn it's pricey! Wish I wasn't on a student budget, I'd definitely buy it! *sniff*
hey jen!
i so wanted to like these in gala/geisha... but all the shades are too warm for me. the reds looked okay, but had a weird orange cast i hate (i like my reds rich and blue based) :(
i must admit though... i love the case...
That's a gorgeous color on you!
You're right, in the tube it doesn't look more than your average kind of color, but wow, it looks great on you.
Kat this totally reminded me of Jupiter Brown too but it's so much prettier and really so different.
Mary they really are. And how crazy is it that while I first balked at the price, I'm actually getting used to $50 lipsticks?
awww sorry to hear that lareinarumber! i actually haven't tried those particular shades as i don't pull off reds to well, but i'm loving the two i own so far!
thanks phyrra! i was actually a little disappointed when i saw this in the tube as i fully expected not to like the shade, but i love it!
Jen it looks beautiful on you. I want a Guerlain lipstick. I just love that lipstick holder.
Guerlain always come out with super pretty packaging. And the lip color looks very nice.
http://sparklemidori.blogspot.com
To be honest, I didn't like the shade in the tube very much, but on your lips it looks absolutely gorgeous! I wish it wasn't so expensive though.
This beautiful beyond words! I actually thought it already looked gorgeous from your shot of the tube. My lips are a bit dark though, so is my skin tone, so I don't think I'd have the same effects with this lipstick as you do. It sure is beautiful though. Hmmm...I keep seeing all this Holiday 2009 stuff, is it already out in the shops then? Should be the same in London. I haven't atually gone out to see any of the Christmas ranges yet. Maybe it's a good thing. I'm steadily growing into a beauty/skincare hauler, when I never used to before.
ahh evil! Evil! Lovely lipsticks! ˇ_ˇ
Wow! It is such a gorgeous colour! I love the shimmer! And the packaging looks so cool but slightly bulky for my liking. ^-^
Tala I really do love the packaging for the Rouge G's, although they are rather hefty.
Angela I love that Guerlain's packaging is always pretty innovative and different. I love fun packaging!
Gio I definitely felt the same way - I opened the tube and made a "yuck" face - wasn't expecting to like it one bit!
Hey Bee!
It is indeed available in stores - I believe since early October. Holiday collections are so so dangerous because they're usually so gorgeous - I have a hard time resisting.
LOL Mary! These are the kinds of products that call to you in the night - "buy me, buy me..."! =P
Lisa the ruby particles in the Guerliain Rouge G's give them such gorgeous subtle shimmer. They're lovely!
Haha, Jen don't tell me you're getting used to 50$ lipsticks, I'm slowly working my way towards owning all of the colours in the Chanel Rouge Laque Allure and the Dior Serum de Rouge ranges at at 40$ CAD my wallet cries a little. I am afraid to check how much the Rouge G's are in CAD, since they're at least a few dollars more...
That being said, I keep swatching and re-swatching this, and if I *DO* get my in-store Sephora coupon in time I think I'll pick it up :)
Hello!
Oh my goodness!! I bought the exact same lipstick last week too!! It is $350HKD which is actually cheaper than buying it in Canada. I must say I totally agree with what you said about this lipstick. The colour, just by looking at it doesnt seem like anything special, yet when I put it on, it makes my lips fuller and more "perfect" looking. It is an everyday colour cause I dont like that really "made up" look. I wear this everyday now and I love it!
This is actually my first Rouge G, if it wasn't for the price I swear I will buy more.
Justine I remember one of the first $50 lipsticks I saw were Sisley's, and my exact thoughts were - "never in this lifetime!" LOL - but now I don't even blink at these types of prices. What is the world coming to! =P
I have really been wanting to try the Dior Serum de Rouges - it sounds like you're loving them so far!
Isn't Grace pretty? Do let me know if you end up picking it up!
Lumkeikei this is a secret stunner - I agree with the whole fuller, more perfected looking lips assessment. It's not a major pop of color, but a subtle enhancement that really makes your lips glow. So happy to hear you got this!
Post a Comment