ABS has moved!
Please visit me at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com - look forward to seeing you there!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)

A Few Photos to Whet Your Appetite & A Quick Bal De Nuit EOTD


As many of you know, yesterday was a rather special night for me, and I chose to celebrate at DBGB Kitchen & Bar, one of my favorite new eateries. It's nothing too fancy, just delicious simple food served in a great casual ambiance.


For our appetizers we ordered the Fried Egg Bourguignon (duck confit and cracklins, portobello mushroom, red wine and spicy greens) which was to die for (the SO and I were both tempted to order another), the Pate Campagnard (good but not great) and the Beef Bone Marrow (which comes with some delicious Katz's pastrami).


No photos of the entrees as we were starving and forgot to take a photo before we devoured them, but in case you're curious SO and I had the Sauteed Skate with Cauliflower Risotto and the House-Made Tagliolini Pasta. I absolutely love skate but it's rarely done well, but DBGB's was absolutely scrumptious and the risotto, with its beautiful baby cauliflower, was just heavenly. And don't even get me started on the tagliolini - wild mushroom ragout, handmade pasta, spinach pistou, all topped with an egg yolk - warm comfort in a bowl!


And what's a special occasion without dessert? While I love DBGB's ice cream sundaes, I decided to try something different and got the Souffle Chaud which is a Grand Marnier souffle with creme anglaise that takes ten minutes as it's prepared to order. It was hot, sugary, creamy, fluffy, and simply decadent.

As for my makeup, I decided to keep it simple and elegant by doing a quick look using my Guerlain Bal de Nuit holiday quad.


I used the soft ivory shade all over my lid and the taupe shade alng my outer V, then piled on the mascara and I was good to go! I wore Chanel Narcisse on my cheeks (I can't thank Nicole enough for this, it's seriously the most versatile blush I own), highlighted using Guerlain's Perles Imperiales Meteorites, and my much-cherished Sensai Lipstick in Hitoume.

How was your Tuesday? Do anything interesting? :)

 

19 comments:

Catherine said on November 12, 2009 at 12:49 AM

Wow, looks like it was an amazing night!

Sheila said on November 12, 2009 at 1:04 AM

That food is so good and elegant! I haven't had good food in a long time, so this definitely satisfied my cravings for the time being.

Bal de Nuit looks gorgeous, that is the palette I am looking forward to the most this holiday season <3

Unknown said on November 12, 2009 at 6:33 AM

Now I'M officially HUNGRY!!! T_T
Was it by any chance your birthday? omigod! If it was, then Happy Birthday!^.^~
I didn't know! ><
Anyway, the foods look super yummy and you must have looked fabulous! ♥

Mischievous Mack said on November 12, 2009 at 7:53 AM

The food looks soo good!
Damn, now I'm hungry!

http://mischievousmack.blogspot.com

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on November 12, 2009 at 9:28 AM

Catherine it was - full of delicious foods and yumminess!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on November 12, 2009 at 9:32 AM

Sheila I felt like I hadn't been out to a nice restaurant in forever (although that's probably untrue LOL) - regardless it was nice to get out for the night as work has been tough lately.

I'm really loving Bal de Nuit because it's understated yet makes an impact and really makes a gorgeous elegant evening eye.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on November 12, 2009 at 9:33 AM

LOL Mary - I skipped dinner last night so I was dying while editing these photos. I went to bed so so hungry!

It was actually my anniversary - but thank you! :)

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on November 12, 2009 at 9:33 AM

Hey Mischievous Mack!

The food at DBGB is great - nice portions, fun to eat, and really just soul-warming and all around comforting.

Unknown said on November 12, 2009 at 10:05 AM

Oh, then:
Happy Anniversary!!!! <3

Anonymous said on November 12, 2009 at 1:04 PM

I am glad you guys had a great time. I must admit, I felt somewhat clueless about food reading this post. As silly as it sounds, I have no idea what confit or ragout are. I had to look it up. You would never find such a restaurant near my place. People in these parts are more into steaks and Friday night fish fry.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on November 12, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Deb all things I enjoy as well! I love a good medium to medium rare steak - sit me down at Peter Luger's with a giant steak and some creamed spinach and I'm in heaven. I guess I just love food, which might be why I have such a tough time sticking to my diet.

I'm feeling great today though - I've been eating healthy for the past 2 weeks or so and I've even started going to the gym again!

T.R. said on November 12, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Jen it all looks so delish. There's nothing better than great food and absolutely wonderful and loving company. Congrats on your anniversary. I just love you and SO even though he hasn't made a guest appearance, I so feel he is a part of our "family". :O)

gio said on November 12, 2009 at 4:24 PM

I'm glad you had a good time. The food looks delicious. You're making me hungry now.

And I love the look you did, it's simple but beautiful and classy.

ezzie said on November 13, 2009 at 12:36 AM

you've got me drooling over here!
ahh, nothing beats nyc resturaunts. [:
hope you had a wonderful anniversary (:

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on November 13, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Thanks Tala! I enjoy good food as much as I do makeup.

I love the ABS family, and the SO is definitely a part of it, at least in spirit! =P

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on November 13, 2009 at 11:06 PM

LOL Gio every time I scroll back to this post I get hungry again!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on November 13, 2009 at 11:06 PM

I did indeed Ezzie, thanks so much!

~Lisa said on November 14, 2009 at 6:31 PM

Mmm...looks delicious! Hope you and the SO had a great time ^.^

Love your look too, so pretty!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on November 18, 2009 at 6:49 PM

We did Lisa, thanks so much! I definitely felt elegant in my Bal de Nuit EOTD!


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Your comment won't show up immediately as it must be moderated before it's published, but I promise to get to it ASAP. I appreciate each and every comment and promise to reply!

Thanks again and come back soon!