Again with text review and lots of photos to come at some point in the coming week! I'm just doing a quick YouTube experiment to see if I actually do like it (and to see if you guys actually want videos since honestly at this point I'm not a big fan) - I seem to be losing my voice though which stinks!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)
now located at http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)
Quick Video Review of Lancome Oscillation PowerFoundation
Posted by A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) on Saturday, October 31, 2009 at 10/31/2009 12:03:00 PM
Labels: foundation, Lancome, reviews, videos, YouTube

22 comments:
Interesting... If they have a light and neutral shade I'll have to pick one up to layer over my future skin! Mostly because I love how the puff fits so well into the powder thingy. No idea why, but the design of that appeals to me!
great video jen!
hey jen. thanks for the review! nice chandelier by the way. (is that what it is) haha. what nail polish are you wearing? its pretty. 0.0
oh btw jen... i got the eye shadow palette from shu and the powder.. i have uploaded some pic to my blog take a look. the powder is so CUTE... *melt*
Your voice sounded fine. I think you did an excellent job. I don't know if you figured out what you would say on video before you started taping, but you made all of your points clearly and your videos weren't riddled with awkward pauses or "ums" like most videos I see on YouTube. Both videos were very pleasant to watch.
I also think the length of the videos were perfect. Some of the beauty gurus on YouTube will make a 10 minute video, and half of it will be babbling without even showing the product. It gets really boring.
Kat Ivory 10 is a really nice neutral shade as in it's very white-toned, but it just didn't work for me. The powder itself is really so so beautiful though.
Yes the design of this is really well conceptualized! More in the text review :).
Thank you Ying!
Hey Hannah!
LOL sorry about that - I couldn't find a good spot for the video and these were more experimental than anything else so the kitchen table it was =P.
I'm wearing the OPI for Sephora polish in 212, which was launched for their new Times Square location opening a few months back. Will review it for you it's really gorgeous!
Ying I'll be popping over to see them I'll bet they're adorable! You know how I wanted both!
Thanks so much for the feedback Deb, it's much appreciated as I'm still considering whether or not to continue doing the YouTube thing. Must admit it was kind of fun!
I tried to keep them short as I personally get bored if a video is longer than 3 minutes - I have the attention span of a flea! No script or plan with these but I may prepare something next time so I don't have to retake the videos so many times.
agreed, you sounds good on the video. i personally get bored if the person stop too often and think what they are trying to say. also i hate those videos that person stop often and think what they are trying to say. also i hate it when they speak mono tone...=/ i sound so harsh..... opps
I get really impatient if the video reviewer keeps droning on for several minutes without even showing the product. You'd be amazed how much I come across this. Some YouTube people have diarrhea of the mouth.
Jen, I really didn't need a foundation lemming! This looks really neat though, and fast! So I might check it out if/when it makes it to Canada. And I love your speaking voice!
Wowwwww! Thanks for the video review!
I can't believe they actually released a vibration foundation. Seems a little bit unnecessary to me...Even though I fell for the oscillating mascaras. XD
LOL Ying I know what you mean and tried to avoid that. No point making a video if you don't know what you want to say beforehand.
Deb I did try to avoid the verbal diarrhea! I hope these videos were interesting/not too boring and showed the product well!
Justine it takes a little time to get to your whole face but I really do like the product itself. Wish it were a little less pricey though!
And thank you!
You're welcome Jian, hope that you liked it!
You know I thought this would be all gimmick and no result but the product itself is actually really really nice and I think the vibrations really help to smooth the powder so that it disappears.
Please continue to make more videos!! I absolutely LOVE your voice (rivals that of lollipop26 on YT) because it's so soothing and not as rushed or panicked as some people can be when they make vids!
Awww thank you so much Luca! I just looked up Lollipop26 (I'm really not up on the whole YouTube thing although I hope to be in the next few months) and she has such a pleasant voice - I'm so flattered to be compared to her! I did have to mentally remind myself to pace myself though as I can tend to speed talk when I'm nervous =P.
Aww. Don't lose your voice, get well soon ^.^
And great review. It's a very interesting product but pricey $.$ And I'm unsure about the hygienic-ness of the puff...
Thanks Lisa! It really doesn't help that my entire office is sick and is spreading their germs to me!
So I'm told that the puff can be washed, but I'm not anxious to try it anytime too soon because I've tried washing products that SA's claim can be 'washed' only to have them be completely ruined.
Post a Comment