Kiehl's Imperial Body Balm ($42) From the Label: Inspired by old-world Russian herbal remedies, this supremely rich body balm renews the look of very dry, tired-looking skin with Sea Buckthron Berry Oil, known for its replenishing effects on skin. Sea Buckthorn was even known to be a secret ingredient used by Russian Cosmonauts.

When I first saw that Kiehls was launching this Kiehl's Imperial Body Balm, a major lemming was born. Berry and olive oil to regenerate skin, shea and cocoa butters to hydrate, and honey and fruit glycolic acids to accelerate skin turnover for improved smoothness and radiance - how could I resist? The funny thing is I received a press sample of this literally the day that I was planning to go out to buy it. Yay!

The Kiehl's Imperial Body Balm is a thick opaque yellow cream/balm that smells of shea and cocoa butters (not particularly appealing to me, but not really offensive either). It's rich and luxurious and a little really goes a long way - yet amazingly enough it's not even remotely greasy and it sinks so quickly into my skin that by the time I've gotten around to getting dressed, I've forgotten all about it.

The Kiehl's Imperial Body Balm is beautifully hydrating and while pricey at $42, if you do the math it comes to $5 an ounce which isn't terrible considering that I don't foresee ever finishing this mammoth tub. My one gripe is that I find huge tubs like this rather annoying and cumbersome, but I guess I can't have it all!
This review contains a press sample sent to ABS by the brand's PR representative for blog consideration. Honestly I probably would've purchased it myself if I hadn't received it as I was dying to try it. I'm a sucker for a product with the words "imperial" and "balm" in the name!
This review contains an affiliate link. If you have any questions regarding the foregoing, please feel free to contact me at a.beautyful.sentiment@gmail.com.
This review contains an affiliate link. If you have any questions regarding the foregoing, please feel free to contact me at a.beautyful.sentiment@gmail.com.

14 comments:
Hi Jen,
I couldn't find the entry to comment on, so I'll just say it here. The weekend is coming soon -- hang in there! I hope things will be better for you next week -- it too shall pass.
Hey theotherwordly!
Yeah I just needed somewhere to vent for a little bit so I posted, then took it down LOL.
Thank goodness the weekend is coming up - I'm really looking forward to it!
How does the balm smells like? it sounds lovely!
Tracy it smells pretty much like shea/cocoa butter - not particularly great, but not really offensive either. I don't mind it, but it's not the kind of thing where I open the jar just to sniff it.
It looks so disgustingly greasy @_@ But if it does sink in fast, then it's not that bad =)
Mary I promise it's not greasy at all which I was shocked by. Then a gain maybe it's because I apply it straight out of the shower - either way it does absorb really well! I do seem to remember that the one time I applied it in the middle of the day (not straight out of the shower) it did take longer to sink in.
Oh, that's quite good! Thanks! The rule still remains tho: apply after shower :)
It kind of looks like hollandaise (sp?) sauce. lol
Why is it so yellow?
Hope your day is better today!
So true Mary - it's really the best time to moisturize as everything will just absorb better and your skin will be happier throughout the day.
LT I hadn't thought of that but indeed it does! It's this seriously bright yellow and it really is a little odd (and fun).
You know I actually have no idea why it's bright yellow. Maybe it's from the mix of the different butters? It's really such a unusual hue to go with.
And thank you so much LT, my day is definitely better than it was a few days back! Still can't wait for Saturday though :).
Ohhh! I really like the sounds of this! I love the black container and strangely find the bright yellow color of the cream not off putting!
Aleksis I know the color is kind of odd but I actually loved it too - it's fun to open this black jar to find a bright yellow cream staring back at you in the mornings :).
OOh! Interesting! I want to try this out now! My skin is so ridiculously dry in the winter and this sounds great. The bright yellow colour in the black jar looks so cool! LOL
Lisa the skin on my body is super super dry too, which is weird because the skin on my face is oily and dry at the same time. This helps to keep my skin from feeling dry and scaly which is great.
Post a Comment