ABS has moved!
Please visit me at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com - look forward to seeing you there!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)

Sensai's The Lipstick Lip Swatches and Close-Ups

Close-up of 07 Sekichiku

These lips swatches were hastily done, but I simply had to post a few as product photos alone really don't do Sensai's The Lipstick any justice. The Lipsticks really give the illusion of a fuller lip and have creamy opaque coverage that lasts for hours, even through eating and drinking.

07 Sekichiku has a beautiful vein of gold shimmer running throughout that's very subtle in person but lends the lips a gorgeous luminosity that I absolutely love.

See more lip swatches and close-ups of Sensai's The Lipstick the lipstick after the jump!

08 Araishu

If it's not obvious, Araishu and Sekichiku are my two favorites. Araishu is a fully opaque creamy shade of medium milky pink with a tinge of coral to it that looks very sophisticated on the lips. I'm wearing it today and received many compliments!

14 Mahoso

Those who know me know that I just don't do red lipstick, but Sensai's Mahoso is the one exception to that rule. When I first swatched it I was a bit turned off by the slight orange tinge it had to it, but on my lips this turns into the perfect clear bright red that doesn't give me clown mouth. I love it!

12 Sugiiro

And last but not least we have Sugiiro, a true fleshy beige that subtely tones down my natural lip color and pairs beautifully with a more dramatic eye.

 

24 comments:

Anastasia said on September 22, 2009 at 4:14 PM

That does look fucking amazing on. It's still an insane amount of money, though. Plus, your lips make every lipstick look fantastic.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 22, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Why thank you Ana! I'm with on the fact that these lipsticks cost a small fortune but I am loving them. It's terrible though - I think I'm developing an expensive lipstick addiction =X. At least I have some drugstore products to balance them out LOL!

I was pretty surprised myself by how good my lips looked in these photos =P.

Anonymous said on September 22, 2009 at 6:47 PM

Gorgeous lipsticks and gorgeous swatches! Your lips are so pretty! My favorite color out of these three would be08 Araishu. Have to check it out now at the counter, hehe...

Thank you for the swatches, Jen! ;)

Rae // theNotice said on September 22, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Sekichiku looks amazing on you!! $55 for a lippie is *way* out of my budget, but a gal can dream =P

Catherine said on September 22, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Wow! These are absolutely gorgeous on you!! I am quite jealous of your perfectly shaped lips. =P

*Jen* said on September 22, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Thank you Jess! I really really love Araishu though - it's really pigmented so there's a nice pop of color yet it's nothing crazy.

*Jen* said on September 22, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Rae I justify the prices to myself by telling myself that since a lipstick lasts me forever, $55 isn't really so bad. Now if I were like my mother and only used one lipstick until it was completely gone, that reasoning might actually work LOL.

*Jen* said on September 22, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Awww thank you Catherine! I just angle them well in the photos, they're not anywhere close to perfect in person!

AskMeWhats said on September 22, 2009 at 9:50 PM

The shade Araishu is calling my name!!! So pretty

Usagi Chan said on September 23, 2009 at 7:14 AM

Araishu is my favorite of the four,it looks amazing on you, Jen!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 23, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Askmewhats they're really so pretty in person. I love super creamy pigmented lipsticks!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 23, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Thank you thepunkcat it's definitely one of my current favorite lipsticks. I love how lush and creamy it makes my lips look!

gio said on September 23, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Thanks for the swatches, they all look gorgeous! Araishu and Sekichiku are my favourites too. But they cost way too much!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 23, 2009 at 2:04 PM

Gio I'm definitely with you on the fact that these are pricey lipsticks, but lipsticks are slowly becoming my favorite beauty item (surprising since up until a year or two ago I didn't even wear lipstick) and I allow myself a guilty pleasure every now and then =P.

kit said on September 23, 2009 at 7:19 PM

Araishu is my favorite shade among the bunch. The comment on the tinge of coral caught my eye. I have too many lipsticks to use up before their "expiration date" but will definitely check this one out at the counter once I free up some space for another lipstick.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 23, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Kit I take it you like a little coral in your lippies? I was a little surprised since it's much pinker in the tube than it looks on my lips, but I love it so much!

Kit said on September 24, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Yes, I do. I have a soft spot for pink lippies and have taken an interest in coral shades after I bought a tube of the Dior High Shine lippie in sensation coral. It's currently my favorite. Pink lippies appear very light on my lips but this shade gives it the right amount of color and keeps my lips moisturized.

Anastasia said on September 25, 2009 at 5:23 PM

I don't know... I mean, it looks REALLY great, but I don't think it could give me your lips, and for $55 I'd expect it to do my ironing for me, too.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 25, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Kit Dior makes some beautiful corals as I'm sure you know. I don't 100% love a lot of corals (some of them clash with my skin) but all of Dior's have been great.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 25, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Ana it really does cost a small fortune. You know I enjoy my expensive makeup! And my cheap makeup. I love all makeup!

Kit said on September 25, 2009 at 10:41 PM

True, not all corals are the same. I always use the Dior one to compare with new ones that I'm interested in at Sephora.

I'm not sure if this question has been asked yet but how does the new Sensai formula compare with the Kanebo Sensai Deep Moist Shine Rouge? I recently saw swatches of the MS108 Botan you reviewed months ago and am tempted to pick up a tube but I guess it's been replaced by the new formula since it's no longer offered online by Barneys nor Bergdorf Goodman.

*Jen* said on September 25, 2009 at 11:09 PM

Kit to answer your question the formulas are very very different. The Moist Shine Rouges are very sheer and light whereas these lipsticks are thicker and much much more pigmented. I think you'd love the Lasting Treatment Rouges though which are pigmented yet light.

You should be able to find all of the lipsticks in store if you can find a Sensai counter near you.

T.R. said on September 28, 2009 at 1:11 AM

This Sensai lipstick is so pretty on you Jen. Your lips look very lush. I hope that came out right. LOL

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 28, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Thank you Talia, I've really grown to love these. Not only do they look great on, but they leave my lips feeling great as well.

LOL and I love hearing that my lips look lush!


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Your comment won't show up immediately as it must be moderated before it's published, but I promise to get to it ASAP. I appreciate each and every comment and promise to reply!

Thanks again and come back soon!