ABS has moved!
Please visit me at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com - look forward to seeing you there!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)

Quick Colour Wave EOTD

Don't mind the foundation on my contacts - just one of the perils of airbrushing your foundation.

Many of you had asked for a FOTD using the products I recently hauled from MAC (see complete haul HERE) and while I'm not entirely happy with this one, I figured it was worth posting just so that you can get a decent idea of what the shades look like on.


You can see Crest the Wave on the inner corners of my eyes, and Colour Matter along my lower lash line. I won't go into my whole usual spiel of what I used to create this look as I think it's kind of ugly =X. This may be TMI, but it's a certain time of the month for me, so maybe I'm just feeling horribly moody and pessimistic though.

 

18 comments:

Anonymous said on September 2, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Hi Jen! What a colourful EOTD! So that's what Colour Matters looks like! I'm really into lime green lately, yesterday I checked out Chartruese pigment and I couldn't even swipe it off my hand it was so pretty. Have you tried it?

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 2, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Thanks so much Marcela! I've swatched Chartreuse pigment quite a few times and it's absolutely beautiful, but I always wonder what I'd do with a huge jar of it. You should also check out golden olive - it's not really lime green, but it's also quite beautiful and fun.

T.R. said on September 2, 2009 at 2:55 PM

Jen it's a beautiful EOTD. But I do understand. Everything always feels blah or ugly that time of the month. When you're ready I'd love to know how you put it together.

BTW found the Essie Matte For You at a beauty supply shop near me. I instantly picked it up since there was only two left.

Also picked up Color Matter's also. I was on a roll last night.

Have you tried the new nail polishes from WetnWild? They are called Craze. They are soooo cute and my nail blogger (Scrangie.com) did some beautiful swatches of them and said they were a GREAT polish. And guess what? They are only $1.89 each at Walgreens. Well here they were a $1.99 but I'm not too upset. I bought all 9 of them last night. Since I got me a digi camera, if you like I can take pics of the bottles to send ya so you can take a gander.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 2, 2009 at 3:22 PM

Thank you Tala! I've been insanely moody these past few days and just not feeling like myself.

Have you had a chance to try the Essie mattifier yet? It's such a fun effect and one that doesn't seem to grow old. I'm still having so much fun playing with mine!

I actually haven't tried those WetnWild polishes, but right after you told me about them I hopped on over to Scrangie to check them out and they're really pretty! I'd love to see your photos of them - how're things going with the digi cam? Are you loving it? I think I may pick up a few of the Wet n Wilds - they're such a bargain.

gio said on September 2, 2009 at 3:36 PM

Jen, I love it! It's so pretty and colorful!

Anastasia said on September 2, 2009 at 5:42 PM

I like it. I think, perhaps it needed a bit of black eyeliner in there too, on the upper lashes, maybe. Just for a bit more pop?

And hey, we're in sync! I tell Alex that I have to suffer through all of this for his benefit so that I can be a gorgeous specimen of femininity and so he'd better be damned nice to me during and appreciate it.

Anastasia said on September 2, 2009 at 6:48 PM

Just for you, Jen. Finally.

http://www.lipsticksandlightsabers.com/2009/09/colour-me-happy.html

T.R. said on September 2, 2009 at 7:50 PM

Trust Jen I do understand. I am not a bouquet of flowers during that time either.

I haven't tried the Mattifier yet. I'm hoping this weekend.

Jen they are indeed very cute. The bottles are just adorable. I couldn't resist getting them all. I mean at $2 a pop they are a bargain. I definitely want to know what you get.

I'm still learning the digi. Only thing I can do is take pics and record. I did finally learn the download the night I uploaded Zoe. Everything else is a slight blur. :O)

N.P. said on September 2, 2009 at 8:27 PM

You're so lucky you can pull off colors like that! I can only stick to a deep dark blue eye. :\

and random product:

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P244714&categoryId=C10477

What do you think? It kinda looks creepy how its coming from the top in those holes.... I've seen too many scary internet photoshops!

Mousse sounds kinda cool though.... like marshmallow fluff :D

AskMeWhats said on September 2, 2009 at 9:58 PM

I am going through "Blah" moment! :( :( :( but the color wave looks great! brightened my day, I actually smiled :)

Tricia said on September 3, 2009 at 6:34 AM

Aww Jen it looks good! Feel betterrr!

*Jen* said on September 3, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Awww thank you Gio! All the sweet comments are making me feel a little better about it.

*Jen* said on September 3, 2009 at 11:03 AM

Ana it's definitely missing something. I just wasn't thrilled with it, but I'm feeling too blah to make another attempt at it.

The SO knows better than to mess with me during this time of the month. I'm liking an angry lioness waiting to attack!

*Jen* said on September 3, 2009 at 11:03 AM

Ana thanks so much for that post! I can't wait to use it. I'm terrible with remembering things so I plan to print if :).

*Jen* said on September 3, 2009 at 11:04 AM

LOL T.R. - I know how to take photos on the digi, upload them, view them, and adjust the brightness of the flash, but that's about it. I know there are so many features I should be taking advantage of, but I just don't know how.

I'm hoping to pop down to Duane Reader during lunch to see if they've got those polishes in stock.

*Jen* said on September 3, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Kat I wish I could pull off deep dark blue, but I've been told (and seen for myself) that blue isn't the greatest color for me. I look like I've been beaten LOL.

I've been curious about that product too! But your mental image kinda gave me the creepy crawlies =P. Fusion Beauty makes a similar product that I really love, you should check it out.

*Jen* said on September 3, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Awww thanks Askmewhats I'm so glad I could brighten your day even a little! You've definitely uplifted my spirits :).

*Jen* said on September 3, 2009 at 11:06 AM

Thanks Tricia! I guess Chloe gets her moodiness from me - we're both moody little monsters!


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Your comment won't show up immediately as it must be moderated before it's published, but I promise to get to it ASAP. I appreciate each and every comment and promise to reply!

Thanks again and come back soon!