ABS has moved!
Please visit me at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com - look forward to seeing you there!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)

A Package-Ful Weekend & My First Matte NOTD!


I'm a very lucky blogger to have so many wonderful readers that I consider to be friends, and this past weekend I received two wonderful packages that simply made my weekend!

Charm Candy (who runs a lovely blog on Juicy Couture Charms) sent me this ridiculously cute (and yummy smelling) package full of goodies from this little Hawaiian company called Berry Sweet Bath & Body. The mango butter lip balms seriously glide on like butter and there was this one pineapple lip scrub in the package that smelled so good I almost ate it! I'll be reviewing everything for you soon, so stay tuned for more detailed photos! Just as a teaser, the lip balms have scrumptious-sounding names like Lemon Cupcake, Mojito, Gummi Bears, Raspberry Lemonade and Strawberry Candy.


And the always lovely and wonderful Nicole sent me a gorgeous OPI polish (I'll update with the color name once I'm at work - don't have it in front of me), Essie's Matte About Me (which I've been dying to get my hands on for the longest time but haven't been able to find), Chanel's Glossimer in Courtisane (which I've swatched for you previously - it's gorgeous) and Nail Life Aromatherapy Speed Dry (which I know I'll love since I loved the previous Nail Life product Nicole sent me). And of course I couldn't wait to dive right into all the products!

Close-up of Courtisane.

I used my new OPI polish topped with a coat of matte about you to create this really cool deep pink satiny matte manicure that I absolutely love! I can see myself getting so so much use out of Matte About You. I'm thinking of trying it over Zoya Zara next - I've heard that it looks pretty cool over shimmer.




And of course I'll be attempting a matte Konadicure at some point. I'm really curious to see how that turns out!

Thank you so much to both Nicole and Charm Candy for your generosity and thoughtfulness! Your beautiful packages really made my weekend something special and I'll definitely be thinking of each of you as I enjoy these products. <3

 

30 comments:

Nicole said on September 1, 2009 at 9:27 AM

glad you liked everything! :) the polish + matte top coat looks beautiful!

Anonymous said on September 1, 2009 at 11:18 AM

They sent you some great stuff. I love the look of the OPI polish matte.

Alexandra said on September 1, 2009 at 12:15 PM

Omg that packaging is ridiculously cute! The 'gummy bears' balm is practically making me salivate...Nicole is SO sweet, those are some awesome gifts she sent you! I'm looooving the 'matte' nail trend..just one more thing added to my ALREADY ginormous wish list lol

Phyrra said on September 1, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Beautiful!

T.R. said on September 1, 2009 at 2:23 PM

Jen, your gifts look great. I've been dying to try Matte About You. I want it too w/o ordering it on their website, which I'm probably going to break down and do.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 1, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Thanks Nicole! You should paint your nails this color too and we can be polish twins! I plan on using this and a deeper purple for my matte Konadicure look. It's going to be so fun!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 1, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Deb it's really cool! I was amazed by the whole mattifying effect - at first I was all "Oh it doesn't work" but within seconds the top coat dries to that cool matte finish. It's like magic!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 1, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Aleksis I love fun flavored balms, and the tubes are so cute too. They're oval and not round so they don't roll around on you.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 1, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Thanks Phyrra! The matte top coat is starting to wear off so my nails are a little glossier now, but still pretty!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 1, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Thanks Tala!

I've heard they have it at Ulta but there's only one near me and I never go, and I've had zero luck finding it elsewhere.

K said on September 1, 2009 at 3:10 PM

the matte nails look great. i've never seen matte nails before^^ i'm going to have to try it sometime.x

N.P. said on September 1, 2009 at 4:22 PM

>< I'm a total sucker for anything strawberry scented.... and gummy bears (I only order white gummy @ jamba juice). I'm finding their site kinda hard to navigate but I'm looking forward to your reviews!

I have a matte nail right now too (found the matte about you in a local beauty store) and it looks so odd on me. ><

Charm Candy said on September 1, 2009 at 8:47 PM

That polish color is gorgeous! Your manicure looks fantastic. I'm not so much on the matte train myself yet (I think I just don't like the color choices that have been coming out) but I really like the way the pink looks.

I'm glad everything made it there safe! :D Have you smelled the Pink Melon yet? Oh man.. I want to bathe in it. ;)

AskMeWhats said on September 1, 2009 at 9:25 PM

the matte polish looks wonderful on your nails! I don't think I can look good in matte polishes :) I like shiny nails :)

Rhania E. said on September 1, 2009 at 10:16 PM

wow.. hope that i could receive gifts too haha

*Jen* said on September 1, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Kalai it's a fun trend that's relatively easy to pull off. I'm really enjoying it!

*Jen* said on September 1, 2009 at 11:02 PM

Me too Kat - I love all things strawberry. OMG I just looked up the White Gummy and it sounds soooo amazing - I'm tempted to attempt to order at my local Jamba Juice, although I'm not sure if they'll know what it is.

*Jen* said on September 1, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Thanks Tori! And again thank you so much for that wonderful package!

The Mate About You is fun because you can change any of your favorite shades into a matte one.

And yes the Pink Melon is soooo delicious and I love the little beads in there. So fun!

*Jen* said on September 1, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Askmewhats I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the matte but turns out I love it!

*Jen* said on September 1, 2009 at 11:04 PM

LOL rhaindropz I'm a lucky girl!

Syn@3sTh3sI@ said on September 2, 2009 at 12:07 AM

i like the matte finisher effect on ur nail... fabulous!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 2, 2009 at 12:17 AM

Thanks Syn@3sTh3sI@! I just tried it with a purple polish that has tons of gold shimmer to it and it looks pretty cool.

N.P. said on September 2, 2009 at 12:46 AM

I'm sure they will Jen, I've had it at every Jamba Juice I've been to. It tastes sooo good!

Where can I get the berry sweet stuff? I don't think they sell the bath&body products on their site and I'm really wanting some right now! I have no sense of self restraint when it comes to all things deliciously fruity.

Lisa said on September 2, 2009 at 4:56 AM

That is a pretty matte pink.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 2, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Kat thanks so much for the great Jamba Juice suggestions - had it for breakfast this morning and it was absolutely delicious!

I don't have the purchasing info for the Berry Sweet stuff in front of me right now but I promise to include it in the reviews Kat! The mojito lip balm is so yummy, but what I really recommend is their sugar lip scrubs - OMG they smell ridiculously good!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 2, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Thanks Lisa! It's really a great shade, both mattified and non-mattified.

gio said on September 2, 2009 at 3:42 PM

They sent you some great gifts! I'm not a fan of matte nails, but that polish looks gorgeous!

*Jen* said on September 3, 2009 at 2:33 PM

Thanks Gio! I'm really loving the whole matte nail trend, it's so much fun! Especially when combined with sparklies :).

MyLifeMits said on January 7, 2010 at 2:53 PM

just started checking out your blog and I love it...I have subscribed! :) Love the nail colour btw^^

missmicchan.blogspot.com <3

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on January 18, 2010 at 10:36 PM

Thank you Miccmicchan!


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Your comment won't show up immediately as it must be moderated before it's published, but I promise to get to it ASAP. I appreciate each and every comment and promise to reply!

Thanks again and come back soon!