ABS has moved!
Please visit me at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com - look forward to seeing you there!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)

Long-Wearing Gloss Done Right: L'Oreal Infallible Plumping 6 Hour Lipgloss Review & Lip Swatches

L'Oreal Infallible Plumping 6 Hr Lipgloss ($9.99)

Let me just start off by saying that L'Oreal's Infallible Plumping 6 Hour Lipgloss is one of the best that I've tried. One of my lovely readers, Nicole, introduced me to this product a few weeks back and I actually hesitated to try it (1) because it was a drugstore gloss, and I've never really had much luck with those, and (2) because it had the word long-wearing in the name.

All the long-wearing glosses I've tried have either not been true glosses but more of a liquid lipstick/stain, or they've been horribly flaky and drying on the lips causing me long-wearing discomfort. But thanks to L'Oreal's Infallible Plumping 6 Hour Gloss (and my recent great experience with Revlon's ColorStay lipsticks), I'm now a believer in the institution that is long-wearing lip products!

Close-up of the Infallible tubes so that you can see the shimmer.

What makes Infallible different is that it forms a sheath of shimmery color on your lips that seems to form a long-lasting glossy seal over the lips without causing the upper layer of your lips to feel like they're being flaked or rubbed off.

While I wouldn't say that these last for a full six hours on me (more like 4-5), they are superbly long-wearing compared to other glosses I have which don't even go for 2 (primarily because I usually end up wiping it off when eating/drinking due to discomfort) and I'm actually even loving these more than most of my department store glosses at the moment!


I really love the applicator on this gloss, which is similar to the one some Lancome glosses come with, and it helps you to evenly distribute the product on your lips. Plus it's just fun to look at!

The gloss has a really pleasant light tingling sensation akin to the feeling you get from LipFusion (don't be scared off - it's nothing like Lip Venom I promise) and it does seem to provide a little plumping action in terms of filling out those small vertical lines you may have in your lips, but don't expect miracle of Angelina Jolie-esque proportions!

Swatches of Infallible (left to right):
106 Plumped Pink, 206 Plumped Rose, 306 Plumped Red, 506 Plumped Mauve

I tried four of the shades and I honestly loved them all! Plumped pink is a soft milky pink that would pair beautifully with a smoky eye, Plumped Rose is that perfect shade to accent my natural lip shade, Plumped Red is a really stunning candy apple red and Plumped Mauve is a great plummy shade (I know it looks brown in the photos but it really isn't at all).

And onto the lip swatches!

Lip Swatch of Plumped Pink

Lip Swatch of Plumped Rose

Lip Swatch of Plumped Mauve

The Verdict: I say run over to Drugstore.com (or your local drugstore) since they currently have these on BOGO meaning you're getting double the value on a pretty amazing product! I was quite literally shocked by how much I liked these, and I think that you will be too. Long-wearing color in a nice range of shimmery shades for under $10 ~ I definitely recommend them!

 

24 comments:

VampiressDoll said on September 18, 2009 at 8:21 AM

I tried the original 6hr one, but they were like glue, not just sticky, glue lol. How do these compare?

Kasumi said on September 18, 2009 at 8:47 AM

This sounds so promising...but I do have a question..you said it lasts 4-5 hrs..does this include liquid consumption and or food consumption?
This always the deal breaker for me haha.

*Jen* said on September 18, 2009 at 9:57 AM

VampiressDoll the old version and this newer version are seriously like night and day, with the new one obviously being much much better! These are only a little bit sticky and they feel great on.

*Jen* said on September 18, 2009 at 9:58 AM

Kasumi I'm a constant eater/drinker LOL so for me it's 3-4 with moderate food/water consumption. A little bit does come off on the cup but not that much.

Of course if you wipe your mouth vigorously with a napkin this stuff will come off though!

Catherine said on September 18, 2009 at 11:31 AM

I have been hearing such nice things about these glosses. Will have to check them out soon. =)

AskMeWhats said on September 18, 2009 at 12:38 PM

wow..the shades are all lovely and works for your lovely -shaped lips :)

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 18, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Definitely do Catherine I'm loving mine!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 18, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Awww thank you Askmewhats! They definitely provide a little plumping action and the shimmer is so pretty!

Anonymous said on September 18, 2009 at 4:43 PM

Jen, these glosses are beautiful!! Thanks for creating yet another lemming :-p

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 18, 2009 at 5:21 PM

Hey Claire!

The best part about these is that when on BOGO they come to less than $5 a pop! Such a great value for a great gloss!

Ragrunzel said on September 18, 2009 at 7:10 PM

Aaah, need Plumped Pink! Hope they'll come out in Germany soon :D

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 18, 2009 at 9:30 PM

Ragrunzel definitely check out Plumped Rose too - it's a really pretty pink that looks so natural yet has great shimmer!

Usagi Chan said on September 19, 2009 at 7:46 AM

I tried the original formula and didn't like it :( but if you say these are better, I'l try them as soon as I see them :) I like Plumped Pink!

kit said on September 19, 2009 at 10:45 AM

I haven't tried out drugstore makeup in ages but you are tempting me with another purchase. The plumped rose shade looks quite lovely. I'll definitely look out for it and the BOGO sales the next time I head to the drugstore.

T.R. said on September 20, 2009 at 3:23 AM

These look very very pretty. May have to give a try the next BOGO free comes along.

*Jen* said on September 20, 2009 at 6:48 PM

Thepunkcat they're definitely better, although I can't believe that I forgot to mention that the flavor of these isn't so great. They have a bit of a chemically scent/taste to them that I don't 100% love.

*Jen* said on September 20, 2009 at 6:49 PM

Kit I'm pretty picky about my drugstore cosmetics but there are definitely some great ones out there. I'd say these are great, especially on BOGO!

*Jen* said on September 20, 2009 at 6:49 PM

T.R. I've really been liking these lately! I don't really have the time/patience to reapply my lip color too often, so these do the trick.

justltee said on September 21, 2009 at 11:23 AM

I usually stray away from Loreal lip products because of their sickening sweet scents but these look so nice! Do they have a sweet scent like their other lip products?

*Jen* said on September 21, 2009 at 11:40 AM

LT I must admit I don't love the way these taste - a little sweet but what I dislike is the chemically tinge the flavor has. If you're sensitive to flavors in your products I'd probably stay away.

♥ mia said on September 25, 2009 at 7:03 AM

i am luvin that plumped rose!

i have yet to find a true long-wearing gloss, or even lipstick for that matter!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 25, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Mia Plumped Rose, contrary to its name, is a great medium pink that I think would look good on almost everybody. Only recently have I been discovering some good long-wearing products that are actually long-wearing and not horribly drying!

~Lisa said on September 26, 2009 at 10:19 PM

I've never really took note of these lip glosses before! I just walked past them and didn't bother with them. Thanks for the review, now I'm gonna patiently wait for a sale and purchase them soon especially Plumped Rose and Mauve!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 28, 2009 at 3:36 PM

Lisa I did that for that longest time too, but these are 100% worth checking out. They taste a little funky, but appearance and texture-wise they're pretty fabulous.


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Your comment won't show up immediately as it must be moderated before it's published, but I promise to get to it ASAP. I appreciate each and every comment and promise to reply!

Thanks again and come back soon!