ABS has moved!
Please visit me at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com - look forward to seeing you there!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)

ABS' Five: Random Odds & Ends

I've gone over five items yet again, but these new releases are all equally post-worthy so I couldn't resist.

Thierry Mugler Limited-Edition Angel Deluxe Refillable Purse Spray ($100)
The perfect indulgence to tuck inside your purse for a glamorous touch of ANGEL anytime. Shimmering with elegant Swarovski® crystals, the gleaming silver treasure keeps it brilliant glow safely protected in a pristine velvet pouch.

Thierry Mugler's Angel purse spray comes bedazzled for holiday gift-giving, and I truly appreciate that it's refillable since I'd be loathe to throw away something this beautiful. I actually have yet to give Angel a proper sniff but I've been hearing great things so it's on my list of perfumes to check out.

Milly Tulla Bow Dress ($445)
Smoke. Asymmetric bow detail at one-shoulder neckline. Wide shoulder strap. Natural waist. Slit pockets. Straight skirt. Silk/wool.

I saw this Milly dress in the most recent Bergdorf Goodman Fall 2009 Magazine showcasing a myriad of dramatic evening gowns, and it was instant love. I don't really know where I'd wear this, but I want it nonetheless!

Chantecaille Limited-Edition Sylvie's Quattro Palette ($72)
Set includes: • Two Lasting Eyeshades in a rich plum brown and matte beige • Shine Eyeshade in shimmery fawn • Perfect Blush in a medium-toned rose

From what I've heard, this palette is comprised of the shades in Sylvie Chantecaille's own palette. The Bergdorf magazine has a promos hot of a model wearing all the shades and the end result is a classically chic, polish look that every professional woman would love.

Laura Mercier Exclusive Essential Eye Organizer ($125)
Laura Mercier introduces her Limited-Edition Exclusive Essential Eye Organizer, a wardrobe of eye colors perfect for fall. Create endless looks with twelve expertly chosen eye colours. Contour, define and line eyes with three professional double-ended brushes.

The stylish eye palette contains the following eye colors:
Celestial, African Violet and Bamboo Luster Eye Colours, Black Plum, Buttercream, Cashmere and Coffee Ground Matte Eye Colours, and Sandstone, Baroque, Haze, Stellar and Sable Sateen Eye Colours.

Each palette contains the following brushes:
Double-ended Eye Color and All Over Eye Color Brush, double-ended Eye Crease and Ponytail Brush, and double-ended Smudge and Corner Eye Color Brush.

I haven't tried very many Laura Mercier products but this set looks promising ~ I love how everything, including the brushes, is packaged together in one slim little clutch to make for easy travel.

Viktor & Rolf Eau Mega Eau de Parfum ($100 for 1.7 oz)
Eau Mega is the modern expression of femininity as a strength. Glamorous, chic and sophisticated, this fragrance is a celebration of a new icon. A fresh, green, ultra-faceted floral fragrance that is an ode to the seductive attraction of the Eau Mega woman. Megafy yourself!

I have yet to see this in person, but considering how much I happen to love Flowerbomb, I'm hoping I'll love this one as well.

Cle de Peau Synactif Daytime Moisturizer ($200)
Cle de Peau Beaute introduces a whole new skincare product line based on world-first science about skin functionality. Synactif transcends ordinary skincare by strengthening skin's lymphatic channel function giving your skin renewed vitality with the benefits of a simple regimen. All the elements of this line from its comprehensively purifying formulations and exclusive ingredients, including patent-pending and revolutionary MACC, to the exclusive Synactif Intensive Facial enhance the natural efficiency of skin and work in synergy to ensure exquisite results. For maximum benefits in minimum steps, daytime moisturizing should be preceded by: Synactif lotion adoucissante (softening lotion) and Synactif soap (savon).

The aura of luxury surrounding Cle de Peau always sucks me in, and it's no different with their latest skincare launch of the Synactif line. I would probably never purchase most of these products, but I am itching to try them!

Amore Pacific Limited-Edition Time Response Set ($600 value for $400)
Time Response Creme in a limited-edition value added set, including Amore Pacific's own hand-harvested green tea. Anti-aging therapies continuously correct, protect, and reprogram skin. Pure EGCG, a potent and rare botanical compound derived from green tea, protects skin from damage and premature aging. Skin is restored to an optimal, youthful-looking state.

Set includes:
• Time Response Cream, 1.7 ounces/50mL
• Time Response Hand Cream 0.34 ounces/10mL
• Time Response Body Cream, 0.34 ounces/10mL
• Time Response Serum, 0.17 ounces/5mL
• Time Response Gel Cream 0.27 ounces/8mL
• 1st Harvest Halla Green Tea 0.7 ounces/20 grams

Amore Pacific is quickly become one of my favorite skincare lines, and so I'm beyond thrilled to see this fabulous set of essentials released in time for holiday gift-giving! It's pricey, yes, but I'd say worth the splurge if you can afford it.

So ~ what's on your wishlist this week?

 

24 comments:

Lu - The Pink Bandit said on September 16, 2009 at 3:34 PM

Gosh the Angel purse thing is gorgeous, I love Angel! x

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 16, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Hey Lu!

I'm seriously loving the Angel purse spray. I've heard that Angel is somewhat similar to Viktor & Rolf's Flowerbomb which I love, so hopefully I love Angel too!

T.R. said on September 16, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Jen that Angel purse spray is GORGEOUS. I used to wear it when it first came out back in 95-96 and the only place that sold it in my area was Neimans. Of course I stopped wearing it when EVERYONE else started. But I still love Angel. Ohhhh I want this sooo bad.

Want BOTH eye shadows - the quad and the essential eye organizer. The colors are pretty and I just LOVE LOVE LOVE palettes. Plus the colors are stunning, especially the quad.

N.P. said on September 16, 2009 at 4:34 PM

I LOOOOVEEEeeee the Sylvie Palette. I couldn't stop playing with it at the Chantecaille counter, but the price is so steep for something so small. Then again--most of their stuff is ridiculously priced.

And if you have time, you should check out their new Faux Cils Mascara. It's not as dramatic as YSL's faux cils but my lashes are left soft and pliable all day. It's a pretty waxy formula and the MUA said there's no tar, just beeswax, which is why my lashes are as bendy as my natural lashes (just thicker and darker) after application.

*Jen* said on September 16, 2009 at 5:03 PM

T.R. I'm spotting Christmas gift ideas left and right and it's only September! Oh well, I guess it's always good to get an early start. This fall is going to be tough on my wallet.

*Jen* said on September 16, 2009 at 5:05 PM

Kat I do too - the packaging is chic and the colors are so sophisticated and very wearable. I'm with you on the price though, $72 is definitely pretty up there when you consider what you're getting.

I had no idea they had a mascara called Faux Cils! It sounds like you're really loving it. I know you said it's not as dramatic as the YSL, but would you say it still gives you a lot of length/volume? Or is it a very natural look?

Thanks so much for all the info! :)

N.P. said on September 16, 2009 at 5:29 PM

It can be really natural if you only put one coat (but I never do that anyways...) but it does give me pretty good length and volume once I layer it on. Not as crazy as what I can get from my obsidian maestro mascara from GA, but it's so much easier to use than the comb applicator when I'm half asleep. And whereas some mascaras make me look like I have 10 spiky big lashes, the Chantecaille kind of just makes each lash look longer/thicker/darker. :D

Oh and, this is going to be a hell of a long comment, but--when the MUA applied the future skin on me it covered all my pores and such. I haven't been able to replicate that level of pore-coverage on my own, but he said the entire jar should last me a year. A YEAR. And I'm not supposed to use a primer. $68 dollars a YEAR, JEN! Yes, I was excited to foresee my foundation+primer expenses go down from around $400-500 to less than a hundred a year. =___=

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 16, 2009 at 6:29 PM

Kat can you believe that I have yet to try an Armani mascara? I keep forgetting about them, but I really really want to!

OMG one year?! That sounds like something I need to have! How is it for oily skin? Does it slide around like crazy? I'd love to hear more about it from you!

N.P. said on September 16, 2009 at 7:40 PM

It doesn't slide around my skin but if stuff rubs on it a lot (like my 70 lb doberman who thinks I'm his couch)I will find that it has disappeared late at night. The way I was taught to apply it was to pick up a TINY amount with their concealer brush, and blend with fingers. Doesn't slide around, and it does oxidize quite a bit on oily skins, so beware of what undertones the color has. I think Porcelain (their new color) would work for you? I'll send you an email with more info/pics. :D

I loveeee the Maestro, but it's such a pain to use because if I'm not careful, I'm spending the next few minutes going through my lashes with a lash comb. I bought Eyes to Kill and ended up mailing it off to my mom after a couple uses because it's not dramatic at all for me. My mom, who doesn't like a dramatic lash effect loves it though.

BBQSauceBel said on September 16, 2009 at 9:09 PM

LOVE that dress and also her clutch! The LM eye palette looks pretty great too. It would be so perfect for travel! And oh-my-goodness I could not pay $200 for a moisturiser!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 16, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Kat that sounds like pretty decent staying power to me! A lot of my foundations come off if I just touch them.

Thank you so much for that e-mail, it was such a pleasure to read. I seriously love getting e-mails from people LOL! I'm going to squeeze in a little blogging then head up to bed as I'm pretty exhausted, but I promise to respond in the AM!

Ahhh I hate mascaras that require a lash comb! Partially because I don't have one LOL, and partially because I'm too lazy to use one. I love talking products with you!

Oh and I'm adding you to my blogroll! :)

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 16, 2009 at 10:08 PM

Awww thanks for the comment faerie_bel! Nobody else commented on the dress and I was starting to think maybe I had terrible taste LOL!

N.P. said on September 17, 2009 at 12:11 AM

Awww Yay! :) I just created, not really a blog roll but a list of sites that I'm quite addicted to on the side of my page. hehe :D

Yeah, I think a mascara should do its job without the use of a lash comb as well. Bah. More clutter.

Catherine said on September 17, 2009 at 4:58 AM

What beautiful finds! The Angel purse spray is just gorgeous!!!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 17, 2009 at 11:41 AM

I'm so with you on the no lash comb Kat - that's one beauty item I refuse to get!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 17, 2009 at 11:41 AM

Thanks Catherine! I love fall/winter because all the holiday stuff comes out and it's usual stunning.

Shonn said on September 17, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Jen, I wanted that angel purse spray last year, but never got it! I'm glad it's back...it will be on my wishlist as well. Thierry Mugler scents are the best. I have worn almost all of them, hopefully you will love it as well

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 17, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Shonn out of curiosity - was it exactly the same purse spray? It really is so beautiful!

Shonn said on September 17, 2009 at 6:14 PM

It looks like the same one, but it could be slightly different. Nordstroms had it around Christmas time. Same price too. The Angel reps are always awesome about giving tons of samples too. So stop by and at least get a sample before you buy. Another one if my favorite perks is that you can get it refilled for like half price!

*Jen* said on September 17, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Thanks for the reply Shonn! I've never approached an Angel rep but you've convinced me to the next time I pass a counter! And I do love the idea of a refillable fragrance, particularly when it comes in a package this gorgeous.

Kasumi said on September 17, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Love the dress!
Wear it to work! You would get all the attention :)

*Jen* said on September 18, 2009 at 9:59 AM

LOL Kasumi I'm one of the only women in my office so I think that they'd think I'd lost my mind!

~Lisa said on September 26, 2009 at 9:52 PM

The Angel perfume looks so gorgeous! And it's so awesome how it's refillable too! Awesome dress too! The colours of the Chantecaille palette looks so gorge and love the pattern of the shadows too!

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on September 27, 2009 at 9:15 PM

Lisa this s one of my fave editions of ABS' Five. Love everything!


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Your comment won't show up immediately as it must be moderated before it's published, but I promise to get to it ASAP. I appreciate each and every comment and promise to reply!

Thanks again and come back soon!