

The Step by Step Breakdown (for more details on the palette itself click HERE):
- Apply an eyeshadow base (I used a Motives by Loren Ridinger cream eyeshadow here) all over you lid to help the colors adhere and to prevent creasing.
- Use a small, dense brush (like MAC's 239 Eye Shader) to pick up some Wild Wisteria and apply it over your base on the inner half of your eyes, extending up towards the crease.
- Use a finner-tipped brush (like MAC's 219 Pencil Brush) to apply Botanical Blue on the outer half of your eyelid up towards the crease, extending the color to make a sideways V shape on both eyes.
- Use a medium-sized brush (like MAC's 213 Fluff Brush) to pick up a good amount of Linear Lilac and pat it onto the center of your eyelid, concentrating on the area below the crease.
- Now blend away along the contours of your crease using a blending brush like MAC's 217. I like to go in one direction, from the inner corners outwards.

- Line your underyes with Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Electric, and then use Zero right along the waterline for a little more depth.

This look is waaaaaaaay brighter than anything I'd normally go for, and I think I caused my mother some serious mental trauma when she saw me walking out of the house wearing eyeshadow this vibrant, but I personally loved it and thought it was a ton of fun once I got over feeling a little self-conscious. What do you think?

52 comments:
Wow love ittt. Even though it's a bit out of my comfort zone. But this is stunning. Looks like an ad campion look for Mac. 2 thumbs up.
pretty!
i did a similar one a few weeks ago for a night out, but using MUFE pigments.
Gorgeous! So so so gorgeous! I love that you're wearing more bright looks =D!
Superb blending.
Awww Ariel & Ying you flatter me, thank you so much for the sweet compliment! It's definitely waaaaaaaaaay out of my comfort zone but I thought my readers might enjoy something a little brighter than my usual pink/purple looks =P. I had a blast wearing this around!
Lareinarumbera I have yet to try a MUFE pigment -- I really should as they always look really vibrant and beautiful when I see them on others.
Ana you know that coming from you that means so much! The lower liner was 100% inspired by you and I swear I thought of you while I was applying it. I promise to be more adventurous with the colors from now on -- at least every now and then =D.
I love the bright look! Then again, I lean towards bright colors ;)
Electric is one of my favorite liners!
Phyrra I had no idea how gorgeous Electric could be (and no inkling as to how I'd pull it off) until this look. I was all done with the shadow portion of it and it was just screaming for some coordinating bright liner. It really is something special and the liner really pulls everything together.
Simply beautiful Jen. This look is just so pretty on you. I love it. They had sold out of this palette when I was at Nordstrom. A part of me is glad they were and now I'm a little shall I say, JEALOUS. :O)
Man. Now I want to get this palette and try it out myself. I don't think my eyeshapes are good for bright shadows thou. Or I'm just scared. Haha
Oooh this lovely palette is available over here now! =D
I love this look! Such beautiful colors! :) Sometimes if our moms don't like it, that means it's good. LOL! For instance, my mom always hates my haircuts. That means it's good. If she starts talking about how cute it looks from the back, then I start to get nervous. Thanks!
Sunny
That look is stunning! I think its bright, but not too bright. Of course its not something they define as "work appropriate" but its stil soft and pretty :)
I love it! The palette seems even more awesome now that I've seen it in action. Thanks for sharing.
The black shade in the palette (Graphic Garden) actually looks like it could be dupe of Top Knot from the Blonde, Brunette, Redhead collection.
I got the Rated R from the new Starflash collection last week. I don't know if you saw it, but I posted an eye look I did with Rated R and Smoke & Diamonds, which I posted on my blog. I am wearing it today. Let me know what you think.
wow! your eyes really look like peacock! in a good way the shades are just blended so well!!!
this is very pretty! love the colors :D
Thanks T.R.!
So funny story - my mother said I got a UPS package today, she opened it (yes she opens my mail LOL) and there was a tiny sample pot in there with a glob of something green in it. Now I was still thinking about your clue so I was thinking, maybe T.R. decided to send me something? What could that green blob be and what does it signify? LOL but no it's just a lotion sample I got from elsewhere!
You know you want this palette! You should hunt it down!
Ariel & Ying my eyes are the usual Asian-shape and make eyeshadow application a bit of a challenge, but I pulled it off and I'm sure you could too! Don't be scared! :)
Really Ana? Do you think you'll be getting it? Do you have Nordstrom in the UK?
LOL Sunny I totally agree!
Thank you Kiu! I definitely couldn't get away with wearing this to work, but as a Saturday out look it was great.
Deb I'm so happy everyone's loving this!
I haven't seen your eye look yet, only the swatches. I'll definitely be heading over to check it out in a few moments!
Askmewhats the colors were too beautiful to not go for the all-out peacock effect :).
Thanks Connie! These areas far from the colors I'd usually wear as you can get, but I love it!
this is seriously amazing! never in my life would i be able to pull that off & blend everything together so well. i love it! i think this may be my favorite look out of all the ones i've seen... it's different from most of the looks you've done, and the colors are gorgeous!
Awwww thank you so much Nicole! I wore sunglasses most of the day because I felt a little self-conscious about how bright it was (it was even brighter in person) but as I grew more comfortable with it all I took off the sunglasses and the look really grew on me.
You know you're welcome anytime to come play with my makeup (and my TEMPTU is arriving tomorrow! =P). You'd look amazing in brights!
That looks gorgeous and now I think I am going to end up buying this palette. Woops. I am loving super-bright eyes lately :D I posted a look with NARS Rated R on my blog :)
Oh that's just gorgeous! Ahhh... really want this palette but I am not supposed to... maybe I'll look through my eyeshadows this weekend to see if I can dupe this look. Would make me feel better haha - it looks amazing on you!
Definitely shocking to see on street, but beautiful! It'd be such a waste to put on then wash off just becoz it's not proper to wear outside >.<
Seeing the palette itself I thought the colors would show up matte&well colored, but it's shiny! wow
Woooooow! My favourite look of yours so far!
I love love love the combination!
Wow! That looks really beautiful. I usually do only two colors - base and crease!!
I love the inspiration! Especially your look, it looks amazing on your eyes! Bright colors is the way to go, very pretty :)
jen, wonderful peacock eye!
i doubt i can pull this off, bad blending skill i have T_T
but really, this is awesome!
You look so glamorous! I wish I could do my eyes like this!
Wow, this is super gorgeous!!!
Justine if you can find this it's really worth checking out. The packaging is beautiful, and you already know how I feel about the contents of the palette!
Catherine if you have a good range of blues this would definitely be dupeable. Can't wait to see what you come up with!
Mary I contemplated washing it off before leaving the house LOL, but like you said, it was too pretty to waste!
The shadows have beautiful shimmer to them!
Thank you XOVINTAGELOVE! I love looking at this one, it's so different from anything I've done before!
Kirstin on my lazy days I only use one, or none at all, but I do love to blend different shades to come up with some fun looks for the weekends.
Nazia I've always had a thing for peacock feathers, they're so vibrant and beautiful, and it's hard to believe that they come about naturally!
Plue I think a subtle, more subdued variation on this look could be great too! And believe my my blending skills aren't all that great -- it's just persistence. Thanks so much!
I love this look, it's so bright. But then I love bright looks, which is something my mum is not very happy about.
The blending is amazing too!
We don't have a Nordstroms in England but this palette and the other is up on Maccosmetics.co.uk
This look is really pretty Jen! I'm loving brights on you, they really bring out your eyes. I know what you mean about being self-conscious, the first time I went out with foundation I was like omg everybody knows I'm wearing it LOL But come on, this looks great on you! Don't hide it next time!
Gio our moms should get together and gripe about how they hate our makeup! Thank you so much! <3
Ana you're lucky! You should go for it!
Awww thanks Marce! My TEMPTU airbrushing system is arriving today so tomorrow I'm going to go all out with the makeup :)
That looks so amazing! I don't think it's too bright. It's a very fun look. I would be proud to wear it. (If only I had the ability to apply something other than basic eyeshadow)
Thank you Calya! Practice definitely helps with the colorful looks - half the time I end up looking like some crazed lunatic with color all over LOL.
work of art!!!
Thanks K_an! Is it vain that I really love looking at this one? The colors just make me smile :).
Post a Comment