Group shot of the pretty pretty Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Collection.Embrace your softer side with perfectly imperfect hair. Layer our products together for soft tousles that beg to be touched – not that they need to beg. And hey, since we work well together to create one luscious look, it’s almost mistake-proof!
Tousle Me Softly Shampoo & ConditionerHerbal Essences' Tousle me Softly Shampoo is a fun, clear purple shampoo that leaves your hair feeling clean but not stripped of moisture, plus it has a refreshing violet/pomegranate scent. It's a nice basic shampoo for those days when your scalp's just feeling in need of a great thorough cleansing.
Tousle me Softly Conditioner was the one product I wasn't too crazy about in the collection. It wasn't terrible, but my hair tends to be dry and prone to tangles at the tips, and this didn't do much to help the matter. On the bright side, nothing in this collection weighed my hair down at all!
Tousle Me Softly MousseThis majorly voluminous yet lightweight foam (I'll admit that I often found myself using this because I just loved the rich thick foam that came from the can) is great for creating some body/texture in your hair without the fuss of hairspray or a gel. I'm usually not much of a mousse user as I've always thought mousses were for those with curly hair, but this one has changed my mind.
Tousle Me Softly Tousling Spray GelMy favorite item from the collection, the Tousling Spray Gel sprays like a hairspray but holds amazingly well like a strong gel. I don't know how I lived without this before - I spray a little on my pouf while it's still wet for all-day, non-crunchy looking hold that lasts and lasts. Plus it's just so darn cute looking!
Tousle Me Softly Flexibly Style HairsprayThis is a soft, light-hold hairspray that I haven't found much use for. My bases are pretty much covered between the mousse and the gel spray, and while this is great if I need a little extra hold after having used those two products, on its own it doesn't provide the hold that I need.
Tousle Me Softly Finishing Touch CreamAnother favorite product of mine from this collection. I usually avoid these types of cream products that come in tubs lest they cause the greasy helmet-head look, but run a dab of this through your hair while wet (or dry) and you've got great flexible hold and zero flyaways to speak of!

22 comments:
I love the scent of herbal essences! but I doubt if I've seen this wonderful line! gotta check, gotta check! thanks
Thanks for the review! I've been meaning to try these out!
I wanted to try this... I have wavy hair naturally, so I'm hoping that this will enhance them, not make them poofy!
I was wondering how this line was. I have really long black asian hair and wanted spruce it up. I checked out the Kiehls wet look stuff, and it just weighed my hair down and didn't get the effect i was looking for. Thanks for the review!!!
Askmewhats this line was all but sold out at my local Walgreens. The packaging is really fun and cute!
Y they're worth a shot - they get the job done and they're cheap!
Lareinarumbera I think these products should be a nice affordable way to fight the poof.
Katiya I had some trouble with a few Kiehls products weighing my hair done. Actually most styling products give me the gross greasy look =X.
I love the few Herbal Essences products available in Argentina! They smell so good and leave my hair squeaky clean :D
I love the way Herbal Essences stuff smells. I remember back in high school the pink shampoo was all anyone used because it smelled that good. In the summers when we'd go swimming it would smell like Herbal Essences outside once everyone got their hair wet, lol.
Oooh, you know, I've never tried Herbal Essences styling products... but now I'm totally interested in the volumizing mousse - thanks for sharing!
thank you for the review! I've always felt that Herbal essences made my hair smell good, but that it did nothing else for it, but I haven't tried their new line. I'm definitely going to check it out! xx
Marce the smell is so so great!
LOL Charm Candy I was one of those girls!
Catherine I happen to really like it, I think partially b/c the part that the mousse comes out of looks really cool
You're welcome Suki! I felt the same way about HE products, but I must say that this collection is definitely an improvement.
Hmmm, well I'll definitely try the spray gel and the finishing touch cream. Both of those sound like items up my ally. I'm trying to find products that are reasonable and yet give my hair the soft curly look I want. So far products 0 hair is kicking butt...LOL
T.R. I now use the spray gel on almost a daily basis - it's cheap and works so well for holding my baby hairs/pouf in place.
LOL yeah - products never want to cooperate with my hair. I miss the days when my hair behaved perfectly. I guess I should've appreciate it more back then.
Oh please no!
Herbal Essences test on animals!
Type 'Hurtful Essences' into google.
I'm not some spammer here to preach. I usually read your blog but remain silent. I just don't think animals should have to die just so we can look pretty :/
Especially when it's chemicals that humans have used safely in hair products for years that they're testing.
Lucy I had no idea! I'm always up for becoming more informed about the products I use, so I always welcome input like yours.
These are actually the first HE products I've used in probably 10 years or so. I try to be good about avoiding products tested on animals, but I'm not as vigilant as I should be. I'm determined to try to be better!
It's okay :) Most people have no idea as they very cunningly put 'Final product not tested on animals', failing to admit that they do test the seperate ingredients.
It annoys me no end that they just can't be honest about it. They do mention it on their FAQ page of the HE website.
On a seperate note, I really love your blog, it's always the first beauty blog I go to at the end of the day!
Awww I'm so flattered Lucy, thank you! And I really am determined to be better about the whole animal testing thing - I know how I'd feel if these companies were to attempt to test products on my baby!
Post a Comment