Dior Addict Lip Polish ($29.50)To create ultrasmooth, ultrashiny lips backstage at fashion shows, pro makeup artists roll a cotton swab along models' lips to gently exfoliate; then they apply petroleum jelly to prime the surface and multiply the shine of the gloss topcoat. Now, inspired by these backstage secrets, Dior introduces new Dior Addict Lip Polish. Enriched with moisturizing hyaluronic microspheres and ultrareflective mother-of-pearl pigments, the incredibly supple formula instantly recreates the impeccable, glowing look of the runway. The revolutionary and exclusive spin-on applicator, which picks up just the right amount of product and then rolls it uniformly onto the lips, provides a delicate massage that enhances the benefits of the formula.
Swatches (L to R): Radiance Expert, Fresh Expert, Glow ExpertI've been stalking Sephora's Dior counters waiting for these juicy-looking gems to pop up so that I could check out this "revolutionary and exclusive spin-on applicator" for myself, and I have to admit that it's pretty clever. The Addict Lip Polishes contain a rolling gloss brush head ~ basically the gloss head rotates when you glide the wand across your lips, making for smoother, more even application.
The formula itself is somewhere between Dior's usual non-sticky light, semi-liquidy gloss formulation and a MAC Lipgelee, meaning they feel great on the lips. They have a really nice plush, non-sticky feel to them that I really like.
The Lip Polishes only come in three shades: Radiance Expert (a sheer beige that balances and illuminates the natural color of your lips), Fresh Expert (a sheer pink meant to restore lips' youthfulness), and Glow Expert (a light color that adds sheer, warm color to lips to give luminosity and glow). They're all sheer but gives lips a nice wash of color that's great for the summer. While I don't think that these are quite worth the $29.50 price tag, that doesn't mean that I don't want one for mself!

And this is completely random and unrelated, but check out this cute handmade candy! It was handmade at this amazing candy shop called Papabubble, where you can actually watch the employees make candy by hand. Watching them color, flavor and mold candy is so much fun, and it doesn't hurt that they hand out warm, freshly made candy if you happen to be hanging around while they're making some!

14 comments:
It has to be said, Dior know how to make lip product packaging. It all looks so gorgeous, everytime I see one of their lipsticks or glosses.
That candy looks adorable! I've seen rock candy being made, rolled out by hand etc before, but it didn't have adorable cherries in it >:
Wait - considering the amount of money you just spent at the DENTIST should you be eating free sweetie samples?
I need to try those candies! I clicked the link and they have a shop in NYC so I'm going to check it out one day :)
Ana I totally agree. It's always classy and elegant without bordering on being garish/tacky or too over the top. Dior really knows that line between classic elegance and trying too hard.
The candies came in fruits like kiwi, lemon, lime, dragonfruit, cherry, strawberry, pineapple, etc. -- all of which looked like the actual fruits of course. And you can also place custom orders--i.e. you could have candies that said Alex & Ana in them :)
I know I know I know!! No more candy for me. I've been brushing obsessively today--have I ever mentioned that I hate dentists? I know it's irrational to hate them, but I do.
Kiu that's the one I went to! It's a little time-consuming but seriously fun to watch the employees working together to make these beautiful candies.
DRAGONfruit?! That's a FRUIT? Hell screw Alex and Ana, I want dragon candy!
LOL Ana it's one of my favorite fruits, although rather hard to get ahold of (and also rather expensive) in the US. It comes in two varities--a white interior and a pink.
http://windowshoppers.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/dragon-fruit.jpg
http://teagans.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/dragon-fruit-3.jpg
I've only had the white-fleshed fruit--it's just so gorgeous!
O_O Coolest. Fruit. Ever.
I literally just split it in half and eat it with a spoon--it's like nature's sorbet =D
omg really? You arent so far from me! Especially since I'm going to be going school in the city :)
by the way, the Guerlain foundation arrived today! I havent tried it yet, but based on what it looks like in the bottle, it seems to be a good match!
Kiu I went to school in the city too! :)
I hope you end up loving the Guerlain foundation--be sure to pop back and share your thoughts!
Hi Jen!
I'm trying to comment under the Shu cleansing oil post, but I'm giving up! Hope you dont mind if I pile it all here!
The bad thing about Asian products is that you can't return them! :( I've already made enough fuss with my friends and family back in Asia to get some Etude and Skinfood these past few weeks, so I think I'm going to stick with the Shu.
I used to live in the city, I'm so ready to go back! I cannot wait for school to start...this is the first time in the (almost) 18 years of my life that I've actually looked forward to school :)
Which school did you go to, if you don't mind me asking?
By the way, I tried the Guerlain foundation for the first time today and I'm not sure if it was bad lighting, but it looks a little too pink and dark on me :( And to think I used to think I was NC30! But everything turns pink on me, and my guess would be because my rosacea probably peaks out a little. So hopefully my eyes were playing tricks on me!
Not at all Kiu! I was having a few problems commenting on my blog as well the other day (it's super frustrating when it's your own blog and you can't seem to comment on it LOL!).
I went to Columbia on the upper west side. Not the most fun area but I loved college!
Which shade did you end up getting in the Guerlain? It's so tough when you're shopping overseas. I have enough trouble picking foundations after having tried them - it's nearly impossible to pick the perfect shade blind. It's too bad there are so many Asia-exclusive products. They need to bring everything over here! :)
Hey Jen!
o.O You are smart! Columbia is an amazing school! not to mention ivy league, hehe. Our saludatorian is going there :)
My dad was sooo disappointed when I told him that I was not applying there, haha. He wanted me to go so bad but it just wasnt for me.
I got 01 Beige Pale. Just out of boredom I pumped a little out and put it on my arm, chest, and knee as well and it wasnt pink at all! It was too light for my arm, just right for my chest, and too dark for my knee, lol, but it was not pink. Then I put it on my face and it is too pink, just like a lot of foundations. But now I'm convinced it must be because of the rosacea, so I can't help it :)
They need to bring all that good Asian stuff over here!
LOL thanks Kiu!
Maybe try a whitening/red canceling primer/base underneath and then layer the foundation on top? It seems to interact okay with my rosacea but I don't know =X.
Post a Comment