ABS has moved!
Please visit me at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com - look forward to seeing you there!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)

ChapStick True Shimmer Review & Swatches

ChapStick True Shimmer ($2.79)

Good morning my lovelies! So today's going to be drugstore day, meaning all of the reviewed products will be not only very affordable but available at a drugstore near you! :)

Up first we have ChapStick's True Shimmer lip balm -- a fun, affordable little product that offers you the moisturizing benefits of your classic Chapstick with the added benefit of a subtle, soft shimmer. It's available in an array of fun flavors and it's cheap enough that you can pop one in every purse.


I really like that ChapSticks have that slightly waxy feel to them as it makes them great to layer under lipsticks, and with True Shimmer's added shine, any lipstick will have that extra boost.


My one little gripe with these was that the flavors are a little funky. The SO complained that something smelled/tasted a little off when I was wearing these - I believe he said they reminded him of chalky Pez or something along those lines.


The shimmer/shine is very subtle and non-gritty which I can appreciate, as I recall that I wasn't all too crazy about the SoftLips shimmer products because of their really stiff, strange consistency.


While ChapStick True Shimmers aren't necessarily a must have for me, I do find it convenient to have them lying all around the house and in all my bags for those times when I just need a little hassle-free moisture and some shine. Plus you can't really go wrong with something under $3!

 

6 comments:

Anastasia said on July 14, 2009 at 1:49 PM

A drugstore NEAR ME, EH? Yeah right :[

This is cute, though. I never got into the whole omglipbalm thing, I just carry around my tin of vaseline and there we go. Aren't you ruined for chapstick now you have the Lip Slipp?

*Jen* said on July 14, 2009 at 2:12 PM

Ana pretty much! This doesn't even come close to even being comparable to Lip Slip, but sadly I hate traveling with the Lip Slip b/c it's slides around in the pot thanks to its gooey texture.

T.R. said on July 14, 2009 at 5:18 PM

If I like chapstick I'd go out and try these. I find chapstick dries out my lips.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on July 14, 2009 at 5:20 PM

T.R. I know loads of people swear by ChapStick but I'm not a huge fan myself. I prefer Soft Lips when I'm desperate, but what I really love are my La Mer Lip Balm & the Lip Slip.

Anastasia said on July 14, 2009 at 10:41 PM

Maybe you could like, freeze some. In a stick. Maybe?

Honestly though, you purchase something called the lip SLIPp, and then complain because it slips?

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on July 14, 2009 at 10:44 PM

I know I know =X. But when I open the pot it's just all goopy and gunked on the lid and then it gets onto the screwy area of the pot which leads to messiness, and I hate messiness! I do absolutely adore the product though, it wouldn't be the same without the slippiness.


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Your comment won't show up immediately as it must be moderated before it's published, but I promise to get to it ASAP. I appreciate each and every comment and promise to reply!

Thanks again and come back soon!