ABS has moved!
Please visit me at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com - look forward to seeing you there!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)

ABS' Five: Random Odds & Ends

Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes Effet Extension ($28)
The secret of this mascara's high-definition lengthening power lies in its extending and fixing: It strikes the perfect balance between the formula's elasticity and drying time. The result is bat-worthy lashes with a panoramic effect.

Before you begin wondering why I'm blogging about Phenomen'eyes yet again, let me just say that I believe that this is the newer version of Phenomen'eyes and a recent release! I'm not sure what precisely is different, but the spikes on the ball applicator do seem to be a tad longer/spikier.

KohGenDo Maifanshi Moisture Foundation ($28)
Wake up skin with fresh, natural radiance
This gentle formula foundation helps seal in natural moisture. The ultra-fine particles smooth evenly over skin as the light creamy texture provides full coverage over problem areas. The look is beautifully radiant.

All-season formula is sweat-resistant in the summer and keeps skin hydrated in winter.

This gentle-formula foundation contains nature's own sunscreen -- titanium particles, shea butter and other natural ingredients. Spreads smoothly over skin and provides full coverage. Contains ingredients that help seal in moisture.

I saw a review of this on another blog and it's been on my wishlist ever since. I get the feeling it could be HG material!


Darac Beauty Feature Focus Face Definer System ($39.50)
Feature Focus is a trio of coordinating cream gel makeups designed to enhance your best features and play down those that are not your favorite. It comes with the Looking Glass Cheat Sheet, a portable acetate facial silhouette that clings to any mirror to guide you through a perfect application.

A new translucent gel hybrid layers effortlessly, helping to provide a smooth application and allowing the skin to breathe. Three definer shades provide for a naturally contoured face effect. The Looking Glass Cheat Sheet is a how-to map that clings to the user's mirror to work as an at-home guide detailing how to apply each shade. All shades can be blended for a perfect color balance.

I saw these products at Henri Bendel's the other day and loved the packaging and the ease and convenience of three face products in one convenient little compact.


Darac Beauty TourQuam Regular Brush ($40)
Multilayered bristles with enhanced stability at the base help the TourQuam's light fibers splay out across the face so that makeup is deposited seamlessly. The cross-hatched bristles let TourQuam kiss every nook, plane, and peak on your face for a perfect makeup application. Soft smooth fibers--based on those incorporated in fingerprinting brushes--let the TourQuam glide effortlessly across the face so that there is no streaking, skipping, or clumping. The Energer source-infused ferrule (mid-section of the brush) attracts a powder's magnetic ingredients, helping the TourQuam pick up only the most sifted and gentle amount of powder. The ferrule's technological movement can actually be heard as the energy source lightly and evenly propels powder across the face.

Brushes with magnets in them -- whatever will they come up with next?!

Juicy Loves Sephora Lip Gloss ($12)
Juicy Loves Sephora Lip Gloss is the secret to a princess-worthy pout. This soft, sweet gloss comes in a chic, pink tin adorned with the iconic Juicy Scottie dogs and crest. It's a true must-have for every glam girl.

 

14 comments:

Erin said on July 16, 2009 at 7:22 AM

Maybe Givenchy updated the formula on the mascara a bit. The description says something about drying time and I don't think the original formula states anything about drying time. I know that this formula never really dries when I use it and can create clumps and smudging very quickly. I would love if they could improve upon that.

R3 Method Show said on July 16, 2009 at 8:36 AM

I tried the Givenchy and it was ok. But I can't believe that Maybelline "vibrating mascara" rocks big time!

*Jen* said on July 16, 2009 at 10:34 AM

Erin I do recall that drying time for Phenomen'eyes was a bit of a nightmare. Like you said, it never quite dried and if I slept with it on my lashes would all become glued together and I'd awake to four giant lashes LOL!

*Jen* said on July 16, 2009 at 10:34 AM

Joy so I take that you really like Maybelline's vibrating mascara? Have you tried Lancome's? Would you say it's better? Sorry for the barrage of questions =P

Anonymous said on July 16, 2009 at 11:00 AM

The foundation sounds awesome, and I don't normally use liquids. I could use the extra moisture though.

*Jen* said on July 16, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Deb have you seen the review on Blogdorf Goodman? They make it sound so amazing! My favorite foundation is still the Kanebo Sensai, but this is definitely cheaper so worth a shot.

Nazia said on July 16, 2009 at 2:09 PM

I need to stop by Sephora to check out that lip gloss. I just love Juicy Couture and for that price its a steal!

Anastasia said on July 16, 2009 at 2:10 PM

Everything's better with magnets!

I have to quote from Stargate SG1 here.

Jack: All right, I'll level with you. There IS a top secret program known as the Stargate program, but it's nothing to do with space travel.

Guy: No? What is it about?

Jack: *Leans forward, whispering* ...Magnets.

*Jen* said on July 16, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Nazia isn't it so cute?

*Jen* said on July 16, 2009 at 2:30 PM

LOL Ana! If only I could've seen that in context. I need to start watching that, I've seen a few episodes here and there and remember loving it!

T.R. said on July 16, 2009 at 5:58 PM

I'm not going to lie, I tried it at Sephora awhile back (yes I alcoholed it down :O) and liked it a lot. Though I think you have to know how to work it so as to not over clump. I'd be interested to try this newer one also.

*Jen* said on July 16, 2009 at 6:03 PM

T.R. the formula is so beautifully black and I really did quite like it but it never seemed to dry on me and it didn't give me as much drama as I tend to like. I'm definitely going to give this newer one a try though!

Anastasia said on July 16, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Pfft. When I saw the globe brush I thought "Oh, not again". I am bored of globe brushes. WE'RE ALL BORED OF THEM.

If they were omgamazing I'm sure I'd have heard about it by now or every makeup company and their mum would be bringing them out.

I smell a faaaaaaaaaad.

Besides, the mere fact that your mascara series is still, unfathomably, ongoing, proves that they haven't made the perfect mascara yet.

A Beautyful Sentiment (*Jen*) said on July 17, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Ana do you have that L'Oreal globe-brush mascara in the UK? I know I've seen it online and I've been going crazy trying to find it and I just can't seem to find a single place within the US that carries this thing!

I do like the globe brush for the amount of detail work I can do with it, but it's definitely not going to be the new wave of mascara brush design that I'm sure Givenchy thought it might be. There's a reason mascara brushes are long and not little things that only span a centimeter or two.

LOL Ana you know the only reason the mascara reason is still ongoing is that I have mental issues!


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Your comment won't show up immediately as it must be moderated before it's published, but I promise to get to it ASAP. I appreciate each and every comment and promise to reply!

Thanks again and come back soon!