Dior Addict High Impact Weightless Lipcolor in #359 Pink Empress ($26)Dior's newly formulated Addict High Impact Weightless Lipcolor offers weightless, pigmented high-impact color with a smooth texture that allows it to glide over lips for color that lasts and lasts.

I purchased Pink Empress in order to receive this free Dior Diamond Lipstick Case, and honestly it was well worth it for the lipstick case alone as it's pretty stunning, so while I wasn't expecting too too much from the lipstick I must say it's pretty great, and at a very reasonable price point too! I swatched all the shades before settling on Pink Express, a shimmery pearly shade that's pinky with some rose tones to it.

The shade is a little brighter than it appears to be in the photo above--pinks are tough to photograph! The new Dior Addict formula feels very lightweight and somewhat slick and slippery on the lips, yet manages to stay put for hours on end. I wore my Dior Addict in Pink Empress a few days back and it lasted through a light snack, tennis and basketball, and dinner.
Swatch of Pink EmpressDior Addict, while not really drying, isn't all that moisturizing either. I'd say that my lips remain comfortable while sheathed in this pretty pink shade, but not really hydrated.
Lip Swatch of Pink Empress (with flash)It's actually a softer pink in person--the close up below is a much more accurate color representation.

My mother and I both happen to be big fans of Dior lipsticks~they come in a great range of shades and formulas, and the packaging is always absolutely beautiful. These are the types of lipsticks that you'd be proud to pull out and reapply at any time. At $26 I really think that they're very decently priced, and considering that they're lightweight yet pigmented, have great shimmer and shine, and are long lasting, I don't see why you wouldn't want to check these out!


18 comments:
wow, i love the close up without flash pic. if that's really the true color, then i'm adding this to my list of wants. beautiful!
Nicole I think you'd like this one--do check it out! It was my favorite pink out of the ones that I checked out, and I do think I tried most of them.
You are so right about the lasting power of this thing! Once you put it on - it stays on!
Didi sounds like you're loving your Dior Addict lipstick too!
I just checked out your Beauty Takes the Cake blog and it's great, I linked you! Plus I love that you love my two favorite things--cosmetics and food :)
you know, if you didn't mention about the lasting power, i'd say something else. i find dior released too many different lipsticks and too many not-lasting ones! and they are too similar too. glad you said this is different... :)
also, the names of its lipsticks are so similar now i am quite confused. I only use Rouge Dior now and you know what? It WAS a favourite but no longer. :(
I need to find my love with it back...
Jojoba I used to be in love with the Dior lipsticks that came in the plain blue tubes--waaay back in the day maybe 10 years or so ago. I fell out of love with many of the newer formulas, but I'm slowly rediscovering my love.
Hi Jen!
I'm a big fan of DIOR's Addict High Shine l/s, since it is a mixture of lipstick and gloss. ;)
do you have to purchase in saks store to get the case? i didn't see it on sephora online either. very pretty color & CASE! =D
Oooooh that is gorgeous, I will have to see this in person. How do you like these compared to the High Shines? My lips are on the dry side, so I've been sticking with the high shines so far...
Mel I believe that this was a limited time, in store only promotion. Basically the card said in store as long as supplies last--and yes it's Saks only. I love the case though so if you're near a Saks I'd say definitely stop by and see if they have any more!
Catherine I haven't tried the High Shines, but I have tried the Ultra Shines which I really liked other than the fact that I found them to be quite drying. These new Addict lipsticks are nowhere near as drying as the Ultra Shines, if that's any help!
Aw! Thanks Jen - I'm really honored that you like my little blog enough to link it :) I'm not very good html and rely heavily on the blogger ready-made templates and functions.
Also my cousin got the Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect and she really really loves it! She says it's her fave lipgloss.
I feel like the highshines are defintely more moisturizing but they are sheer whereas the lipcolors are opaque when applied.
Jess I feel the same way--I love being able to get shimmer and shine in lipstick form.
Didi I understand how tough the whole blogging thing can be for people who are computer illiterate like us! It took me a very very long time to get the hang of things, and with some aspects of the blog I still rely heavily on trial and error to get things to look right.
Thanks for all the info on the various Dior lippies!
it's so funny how i had the same effect with my pictures... in the swatches i sent you it photographs exactly how it does on your lips in the first picture and the swatch on your hand. the close up is an exact match to the actual lipstick. absolutely perfect! i'm so impressed with the color... it's as close to my idea of the perfect pink that i've come across so far. can't wait to test out the formula tomorrow and see its lasting power.
Nicole I hope you end up liking this as much as I do! Although it's wonderfulness doesn't even come close to the Lip Slip, which of course I'm wearing right now =).
Yeah this reflects a little oddly in photographs, making it appear to be a lot brighter with the flash on. But the close up represents the shade really well and it's such a pretty pink!
Very lovely color you picked out missy! It reminds me of that new Dior High Shine color I recently got@
Kasumi what shade did you get? I love this one it's so pretty!
Post a Comment